[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
(MUST READ!!!!!) NEW INFO ON EA MMA  XML
EA SPORTS UFC  > EA SPORTS' Past MMA Games

[Avatar]

Hey guys.. what's up?

So i managed to get my hands on the latest edition on FSM ( Fighting Spirit Magazine ) which is one of the magazines which we were informed would have new info on the game for all us EA MMA junkies...

Unfourtunaly i havn't got a scanner, or access to one, to put the article up However i GUARANTEE 100 % what i'm about to tell you is the absolute truth... as i have the magazine in my hand as i'm typing.

So the article is only half a page long, and starts off with the writer explaining how FSM were the only european magazine to be invited to the EA MMA press conference.. and that they have more info on the game simply because they asked more questions!.

So first Big piece of news is that the game will be released sometime around SEPTEMBER 2010. ( bit longer than i'd hoped for, but there you go.

The writer goes on to announce the strikeforce deal, and says from his chat with the devs, that deals with other organisations were HIGHLY LIKELY. and that the name SAKURABA and various other fighters from DREAM raised big smiles from the Devs.

Also with the focus being on worldwide MMA, Rings were definitely in aswell as cages, HOWEVER the Devs were still deciding on wether or not to include RING RESTARTS, as it may cause jarring in the gameplay....ermmm ok.

HERE'S THE GOOD BIT

The writer goes on to say that it was intimated to him from the devs that PRIDE STYLE RULES WILL BE AVAILABLE!!! Complete with FOOT STOMPS!! ( soccer kicks were not mentioned, however with pride style rules included i think you can safely assume that they will be in!!) as well as UNIFIED RULES!!! ( AWESOME ) !!!!!

Also the ability to fight ON THE CAGE!!! was confirmed, as well as the game having a DEEPER CLINCH WORK, and COUNTERING MECHANICS,

ANOTHER BIG POINT was that the fighters will have NO TEMPLATE STYLE/S, ins Eg JIU-JITSU, WRESTLING, BOXING like undisputed had, instead fighters will be made up of INDIVIDUAL MOVES from the various diffrent MA they train. ( WHICH SOUNDS AMAZING FOR CAF)

The last point is that as we already know the right analogue stick will be used for strinking, with THE LEFT TRIGGER USED AS A KICK MODIFIER. I presume they mean LT on XBOX and L2 on PS3.

Thats it guys, thanks for reading, hope your as excited as i am for the PRIDE RULES!!!!

peace,

Jay

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 12/10/2009 03:36:55

Feel free to add me on PSN for some MMA wars online.. my PSN ID is Jay-c___ ( thats Jay hyphen c then 3 underscores )

[Avatar]

yeah, PRIDE RULES!!!!

sounds great, but the release could be a bit earlier (i don't wanna wait that long )

thx for the infos!

Sounds great!

Try to get to a scanner though I'd really like to see the article, great news!

[Avatar]

however with pride style rules included i think you can safely assume that they will be in!! Didn't UFC buy Pride? IF this is true UFC probably owns the license for the Pride logo and name. I hope it is included but I doubt it

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

First of all thanks for getting the mag man, some good info.

And WOW really foot stomps eh, I guess we can really expect soccerkicks aswell.
Also I like the kick modifier ALOT, thats exactly how I think it should be. Plus it makes me believe theres alot of different ways to do a kick that way.

Also no template is a good way to go, Undisputed was really limited upon styles, it sucked.

I dont know what else to say but thats some really awesome stuff. Only thing that sucks is the September 2010 releasedate, hahaha. But thats just because im getting more impatient every day. In the end the wait should be worth it.

Damn, even more excited now!
Thanks man

@MACKMOON, they just mean the rulesets PRIDE used, not the actual brand. Because as you stated ZUFFA bought it, they wouldnt be able to use it. But its still good to me, the best parts of PRIDE will all be in this game eventually.

DREAM should have the entrances, the ring, and Lenne Hardt. The game itself will have the rulesets of PRIDE.
Awesome!

PS: What are Ring restarts?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 12/10/2009 05:11:24

[Avatar]

@MACKMOON, they just mean the rulesets PRIDE used, not the actual brand. Because as you stated ZUFFA bought it, they wouldnt be able to use it. But its still good to me, the best parts of PRIDE will all be in this game eventually. Ok I misinterpreted what he was saying. Having Pride rules are good enough though Hopefully we will get some Japanese refs for the presentation

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/10/2009 05:24:03

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

xbox.MACKMOON wrote:@MACKMOON, they just mean the rulesets PRIDE used, not the actual brand. Because as you stated ZUFFA bought it, they wouldnt be able to use it. But its still good to me, the best parts of PRIDE will all be in this game eventually. Ok I misinterpreted what he was saying. Having Pride rules are good enough though Hopefully we will get some Japanese refs for the presentation

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/347792.page
Yuji Shimada

[Avatar]

Thanks Rear Naked Poke,this is an awesome news!A lot of pepole here were asking(me too) for Pride rules and that's what we're going to have.The game is going to be amazing,September 2010 looks too far but this means more time for the devs to work on this game.Now i'm waiting for next 12th at VGA Awards,hoping for some new fighters announcement or (better) a new gameplay video.

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

Now all I need is a Open-weight GrandPrix mode, that has you take damage to the next fight, and I'm sold. (figure of speech, cause I'm getting it anyways)

Release Date it`s good ,because UFC undisputed 2010 is set to release in 2010 May 25.
SO we will have time to play First UFC game and after EA MMA will come out.
I Think July will be perfect to release EA MMA

[Avatar]

I'm definately most psyched about having no templates, but individual moves. Definately great for CAFs. From what I gather from the little that was said, I guess you can train in a few different styles and then pick your moves from inside those styles. Anyway, great stuff!

Heisenberg might have been here.
Schrödinger was and wasn't here.

Darth Goldstein: "I find your lack of capital gain disturbing."

PSN: The7thKeeper

[Avatar]

I get the feeling that using the trigger as a kick modifier:

jab motion = quick low kick
hook (or 1/4 circle) motion = hard low/mid kick
uppercut motion (or 1/2 circle) = high kick

And since you can choose moves from various styles, the 1/2 circle motion might range from an overhand right, to a superman punch, to a spinning backfist/elbow, or for kicks might be a flying knee, or Cro Cop-style LHK.

http://www.mybannermaker.com
xbox.sKiTz0hphReNiC wrote:Eventually they will get tired of crying and just pass out, similar to infants.

[Avatar]

No templates.

Awesome.

[Avatar]

thanks man. im real happy with the news about rulesets and the confirmation (basicly) that dream are in. also footstops will be awsome!
also fully custimizable movesets!

is there another mag with new info that you mentioned?
i thought i remembered you saying a gamer mag would have new info to?

once again thanks

PSN: cilliang

[Avatar]

cnc_ra3_epd.Yari wrote:PS: What are Ring restarts?

i think that's when the ref puts the fighters back into the middle of the ring and let em restart the fight from there
EA SPORTS UFC  > EA SPORTS' Past MMA Games
Go to: