[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
EA DOWNLOAD MANAGER NOT CONNECTING  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

hello,

i am having a bug/issue with opening ea download manger everytime the sims 3 launcher pops up. a message suddenly appears saying it is unable to connect to it. i thought it was that my version of the download manager was older so i updated and it still isn't working. i know someone else who has the same problem and i was wondering what i could do to get rid of this. i would like to download the sims 3 ambitions but leery providing that the manager doesn't work.....

hope someone could help.

p.s. this problem came about AFTER i updated to the new version of sims 3.

I am having the SAME issue ... only I didn't know it wouldn't connect to the launcher until after I paid for the game and downloaded it and installed it, but when I try to launch the game, it says that it won't connect, or it asks me for the disk?

Im having the exact same problem. And trying to get the newest version of the Download manager has been completely unhelpful. Im frusterated! I cant play my game now w/o it crashing b/c its so out of date. If EA Admin could asist us with this it'd be greatly appreciated.

[Avatar]

cem_ea_id.xkhyjeanx wrote:hello,

i am having a bug/issue with opening ea download manger everytime the sims 3 launcher pops up. a message suddenly appears saying it is unable to connect to it. i thought it was that my version of the download manager was older so i updated and it still isn't working. i know someone else who has the same problem and i was wondering what i could do to get rid of this. i would like to download the sims 3 ambitions but leery providing that the manager doesn't work.....

hope someone could help.

p.s. this problem came about AFTER i updated to the new version of sims 3.

Hey there khyjean,

Did this update occur in EADM, or in the Sims 3 Launcher?

-Squaretangle

I'm having the same issue, except I didn't update anything. Everytime I attempt to open EADM nothing appears, shows up. When I open the launcher it tells me i cannot connect to EADM!

At first it was telling me it was running already, so i restarted my computer but now it's just tell me it simply cannot connect. I'm waiting for my Sims 3 Late night to be restored so I can start my Download. I have installed and reinstalled EADM and Adobe Air as instructed before. But it's still not working!

Either way, If you *there is a solution* can you please let me know.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/16/2010 22:30:46

I am having the same problem and it seems to be impossible to send an e-mail let alone the live chat. i just downloaded an expansion and i cant even play it. I feel like ive wasted my money. if any one has figured this out please let me know. and on a side note: EA you really need to improve your services.

Developer
[Avatar]

Hi guys, I'm sorry that it's been so few and far between that we've posted back in this forum thread. When you say "EA Download Manager not connecting" what do you mean? Is this an error message you're seeing when you try to launch your Sims 3 game? I noticed that you guys mentioned that it only happened after you patched to the latest version of The Sims. What version of The Sims are you running? What expansions do you have installed?

What operating systems are all of you running? Believe me when I say that we feel terrible that you guys are experiencing any kind of issues while trying to play your games. That is not our goal, and the fact that you can't contact customer support is also troubling.

StacyMae, when you try to contact Customer Support, what part of it does not work for you?

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing Man he didn't exist." -- Roger "Verbal" Kint
[WWW]

thesims.mrsjonesmyers wrote:I am having the SAME issue ... only I didn't know it wouldn't connect to the launcher until after I paid for the game and downloaded it and installed it, but when I try to launch the game, it says that it won't connect, or it asks me for the disk?

cem_ea_id.EA_Offspring wrote:Hi guys, I'm sorry that it's been so few and far between that we've posted back in this forum thread. When you say "EA Download Manager not connecting" what do you mean? Is this an error message you're seeing when you try to launch your Sims 3 game? I noticed that you guys mentioned that it only happened after you patched to the latest version of The Sims. What version of The Sims are you running? What expansions do you have installed?

What operating systems are all of you running? Believe me when I say that we feel terrible that you guys are experiencing any kind of issues while trying to play your games. That is not our goal, and the fact that you can't contact customer support is also troubling.

StacyMae, when you try to contact Customer Support, what part of it does not work for you?

Well, I'm running XP. The Sims 3 works fine, but since the Launcher's only version 1.0.631.00002, I can't run Create A World. I'd like to update my game, but because my EADM says I'm not connected, I can't.

Same problem as well. When I tried to download the free Halloween set it didn't work. It is really frustrating!

Im having the same error occurr Ea Download manager unable to connect. This happens everytime i start the sims. I can play my game with no problem but i can`t get the newest Sims 3 Store packs to download as i don;t have the newest update. I have the World adventures, ambitions, high end loft suff and Late night. I use Windows 7 64 bit

I'm also having an issue with the download manager. My issue is that the sims 3 launcher comes up, but once i hit play or try to click out of the launcher it freezes and i am unable to play the game. After i uninstalled the latest version of the download manager, the game worked fine, but i'm still unable to buy anything from the store or download any sims. I don't have any expansion packs and the sims 3 version i am running is 1.17.60.009001. This is really frustrating and any help possible would be much appreciated.

the same problem is happening with mine in the game launcher and i have no expansion aswell its an error message and it just started happening after i updated it to 1.14.11.007001 and im so mad and dont no what to do!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/10/2010 13:41:54

I have the same problem, but mine won't even let me update my game. I can play it, but it is the old version! I want the new version!

I also can't download anything from the sims 3 store. I just installed World Ambitions by disk, but I can't get the free Explorer's Loot set. I have updated the EA download manager, I have uninstalled/reinstalled the EA download manager, and still the EA download manager will not connect to the sims 3 store. I get this message:

"The EA Download Manager store is currently unavailable. It may be experiencing unusually high load or undergoing maintenance. Please try again later."

If I go directly to the sims 3 store in my browser (have used Chrome, Firefox, and IE), the sims 3 launcher starts, but it never downloads. The green download status bar never even appears. I just get a message about there being an error during the download. And the error is obviously about the fact that the EADM won't connect to the store.

And I can't contact EA customer support either. When I go to the support page and enter the name of my game, the form says it will ask me for more information in order to better help me, but there aren't any more questions. There's just a button for downloading Unity Web Player. What does Unity Web Player have to do with me filing a technical support ticket with EA??? Why can't I submit my question?
Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: