[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Madden 2011 Gameplay Improvements.  XML
Madden NFL Series  > Madden General Discussion

Team Captain

I have read that you will be taking on board a similar tackling engine to that of Euphoria being the nVidia X physics tackling engine to allow for improved and real-time tackling physics, I think that is a great step forward.

However, here is something else I think needs placement into the game to improve Madden 2011:

- Play calling -

With reference to a past competitor 2k5 had a full stats tracking for the player i.e. How many times they called the run, how many times they would call and audible on the run, how many times the run was to the left or right etc; If you could somehow incorporate this into the computers AI to "remember" what we the player do a majority of the time to have the computer AI track our movements to make it harder every game we play, that would be a great improvement as the poor play calling is terrible right now on Madden. If the AI was to know what we normally do they can develop a gameplan I.e. Stack the box against CJ, the AI doesnt do that now.

- Player Matchups -

With Madden 2010 the player match ups where absurd you couldnt quick swap CB's and if the WR opposition or player corp switched around on the field they where continuosly lined up against scrub corners if this is able to be fixed by a simple "assign WR slot to mark" for the player I.e. CB1 to mark WR1 for the game no matter where they line up on the play set, they will be marking that player and lower the chance of the continuity that is BIG PLAYS and BIG SCORES of 2010.

- Invisible Players -

In madden 2010 this has been a big issue for me, whilst the last update helped a little it didnt do much and there is still plays where the WR goes for the catch and the ball litterally goes through his hand and the ball is intercepted. This needs to be eliminated for 2011. Another issue I have is when CB's are covering a WR and they have the most open chance to intercept the will slide in front of the WR for a backwards intercept then the WR will casually run in front of them to intercept it. Another issue that needs fixing.

- Play Creation -

To enhance gameplay, it would be sensational if playbook creation was brought back into the game if not for online but for offline, and not the play creator of Head Coach that was ridiculous.

- Presentation -

EA you have the rights to ESPN why not use them? You could use Sportcentre for half-time and full-time shows and for the weekly analysis with Mr.Berman. Get rid of extra point, whilst it was a nice inclusion into this years edition Sportcentre would be alot more fitting. Commentators need firing or atleast a more creative and robust commentary lines. With team-mates on the sideline, tie and time again when either I or my opponent has made a big break down the sideline and my team is there they dont get involved, they dont jump around and point to the endzone they stand their like statues which a real team wouldnt do, give them a bit of life and maybe just maybe remove their numbers and give thema random spray of numbers instead of just 00. Have a section after the game where the MVP of the game is interviewed with a preset amount of words again similar to the 2k5 model. Bring rivalries into it a bit more, i.e. the new rivalry between out of division teams like the Steelers and the Titans after the LenDale White terrbile towel incident. I saw that was given a try this year but go into more detail. Also I would love to see team Mascotts come out of the tunnels with each home team at the begining I.e Titans mascot T-Rac.

Just a few little improvements I would like to see, probably still a few years off getting to these though.

cem_ea_id.ReppinPats wrote:Moss to 99 Brady to 99 Welker to 99 Vollmer to 99

Retard ^^

I agree with you on all of this. I'm a detail junkie, and would love to see some nice sideline stuff put into the game. Most of my play time is on the Superstar mode, so I would like to see some improvements on that aspect of the game as well.

You c an assign corners to cover specific players all day...
Theres a menu for it
I use it all the time

SELFLORD !0yrs and waiting EA

Are you seriously gonna keep handing out this lazy trash of a video game like it's okay due to the fact that you don't have any competition!!!! I've been playing john madden since the beginning, and while i'll have to admit, the game play is far Superior for the ps2 than the xbox-360 and the ps3, that doesn't give you people over at EA the right to keep handing out crap after crap after crap!!! It's like you don't even care to make a great product for your loyal consumers, who keep you guys rich, successful, and the number football game every year!!! I clearly see what your doing, and it took me 14 years to finally want to speak up on behalf of all the money I spent on MADDEN and the people who are to stupid to put words together and make sense to write in with a true detailed description of whats wrong and how EA keeps stringing its MADDEN customers along year after year!!! Do you honestly mean to tell me that after all these years you couldn't or can't create a football game that has all the actual aspects of a real NFL football game. Here are my issues

1. How you rate players year to year, totally bias and illogical, It's like you have a group of 10 year olds doing the rating system. How is it that Brandon Jacobs has a 94 speed rating, but Darren Sprioles is a 95, and Ray Rice is a 91. Since when was Jacobs ever been faster or just as fast as Ray Rice or Darren Sprolels. And how do you rate a player's speed 92 or 94 one year, then all of a sudden he's a 98 (e.g. Larry Fitzgerald). How is it that Randy Mosses speed keeps dropping, but every year he keeps burning Corner Backs!!! There's no such things as a 99 speed player, it's impossible, and Peyton Manning can't beat you with his legs so he can't be PERFECTLY RATED, being the best doesn't mean 99 rating!! Why is it that your ratings people haven't come up with a better system as far as how things really are in the NFL (e.g., there's two types of speed, With the ball and without it), so why isn't there two separate attribute categories, it makes a difference. And as far as the attributes are concerned whats with the unnecessary attributes like JUMP, KICKING RETURN, KICKING ACC and POW, STRENTH, AGILITY, and RUN and PASS BLOCK as far as certain players are concerned because they can't do any of these things and or they are useless attributes. I'm still waiting on the attribute, route running, defensive intellegence (both team and individual) receiver hand eye coordination and QUICKNESS!!!!

2. The wildcat offense is garbage and totally makes the game look fake ESP on defense, stop stringing us alog and upgrade because whats with the guy guarding the quarterback, not being able to react, he just stands there!!!

3. Fix the running backs and receivers running over, stiff arming, juking/shaking, and not being able to be tackled by defenders and vice verse. Also, when a player is either surrounded, getting tackled, performing a special move while attempting to be tackled or hurdling, "FOR SOME STRANGE REASON" he can't be tackled by different defenders at different angles or he's moving a pile and can't be tackled in a different direction that negates more yardage all the while suffering damage do to other defenders. It doesn't happen like that in the NFL. A player actually can get hurt trying to fight for extra yards.

4. The face masking is ridiculous and it 99 percent of the time is 15 yards, please fix this, NFL players don't always deliberately facemask as much or as blatant. And there are different ways to strip the ball from a carrier, please fix also. And what about LATE HITS when going out of bounds, especially when it's done on purpose.

5. This is the NFL, every quarterback can make every and any throw with precision, and is able to win with their arm. When you take out the ability for a third string quarter to compete you cheat the games aspect of possibility and a player showing up on any particular day winning a game or becoming a star!!! You actually have quaterbacks with a 59 throwing accuracy in the game, and didn't TOM BRADY basically disprove this notion when he performed accurately filling in for BLEDSOE. HOW WOULD QUARTERBACKS EVER MAKE IT IN THE NFL THROWING LIKE THAT. SAME GOES FOR EVERY OTHER POSITION. YOU NEED TO FINE TUNE THE BALANCE.

6. Blocking punts off the edge like that isn't realistic, holders not being able to fumble or have a bad snap isn't realistic, not being able to controll blockers to pick up certain blitzers off the edge, or combo block. A controll block feature should be available. Juking between the tackles with no repercussions isn't realistic, as well as back juking then picking up speed again, there is a such thing as losing momentum when performing juke moves which causes the carrier to lose his ability to push for more yards. And whats up with a defender who doesn't even know a pass is in the air reacting to a play or the ball (AT LEAST SHOW OR HAVE HIM TURNING HIS HEAD FIRST, then reacting. And why can't defenders intercept at different parts of the field as well as intercept while falling and dragging their feet out of bounds. Also, every sideline reception doesn't have to be the same every time and every sideline catch thats caught can either be dropped by the receiver when he hits the ground or disrupted by a defender!!!

7. On kickoffs and punts the CPU shouldn't be moving so choreographed with the carrier and anybody should be able to kick and punt, CHAD OCHO CINCO did. You have a 360 degree analog stick, why can't different receiving routes be applied to the custom controll stick as well as blitzing angles.

8. Franchise Mode and Play Now: Why isn't there a ton of different end of game celebrations and more realist features like pre and post game interviews where certain questions get asked and you choose from a list of answers, then the interview is determined by how you respond to questions, and have it affect other teams and down the road rematches, so on and so fourth. There should also be a heap of different celebrations in the game as well as fines for criticizing officials during interviews and choosing not to answer the media as well as penalties for excessive celebrating. Every year should be exciting in the franchise mode, not the same thing every year. And everyone doesn't retire in such big numbers, and why can't players retire early, never retire as long as they feel good and are competing, or come out of retirement and perform at a high level i.e. Brett Favre. Injuries should at least look accurate, I actually seen a player walk off the field holding his hand but had a leg injury. And dual injuries would be alot more realistic as well as certain hits i.e. If a players is going to make a big time play and hold on to a catch, he should suffer the consequences and vice versa for defenders and. And Quaterbacks not being able to take the big hit while throwing an accurate pass, IT's THE NFL, THAT DOES HAPPEN OFTEN

9. Rate players better and stop having TIGHT-ENDS being faster than RECEIVERS because there not, as well as CORNERBACKS being slow because their not.

10. Players playing out of position (i.e. D-lineman dropping back in coverage, moving, defending, intercepting, and tackling with precision as well as running backs being deep threats or running routes and performing catches, they normally can't or don't as crisp). If you send certain running backs in motion, slot or flanker position, his rating and ability should decrease while performing at that position during all plays or increase slightly on the basis of repetition.

11. Online cheating should've been prevented

WHO EVER BELIEVES THAT THESE FEATURES SHOULD BE IN MADDEN 11, COPY AND PASTE THIS TO THE PEOPLE @ E.A. WHO MAKE MADDEN AND DEMAND IT.

Kinda long sorry

I personlly would like to see more play in the trenches if your HB runs into your lineman from his blind side he should fall and risk injury (the lineman) and also better formation of the 'cup' as far as pocket development based on the overall awareness of your OL

also i like the idea of a half time show but if you are playing as the coach/players on a team you're in the locker room GAMEPLANNING the next half not watching highlights. I like your idea of a coaching rating, this is how it could be expanded, good coaching ratings could reveal how the half was played out and provide solutions to bad plays i.e you threw 2 pics to one corner have a coach make suggestions based on coaching ratings to attempt to take that CB out of the game or (once again depending on coaching rating) find alternative recievers who get open but don't get looks to focus on playing a SMARTER half. also if you have been sacked 2-3 times by the same playmaking DE or DT have an option that you can set your offensive line play more aggressively by double teaming this player. once again how effective this is done will depend on options your coach's stats allow and excecution of the task to be done by the overall awareness of the unit you are trying to adjust (WR core RB core Line CORE). on the flip side defensively how are we getting burned? is it on WR beating us on the pass or are we getting beat on the run. Have options where one can change matchups to try to gameplan differently. or give the player an option to choose 4-5 plays that are solutions to the problems and boost the awareness of your team while doing those series of plays. also if the run is beating us have an option where the LB and DT's play much more aggresively to the run Similar to the gameplan window in NCAA ( making players actually fooled by PA passes and Draws) these minor adjustments could be changed during time outs. Everyone knows after half time it's a new game for example the JETS and COLTS playoff game peyton manning didn't heat up until after making half time adjustments. So if you do sacrifice the half time show just make an in depth post game show highlighting turning points and the players decsions to change gameplan after the half. i.e in the first half it was all andre johnson but the Jets mananged to shut him down in the second half ( then have an analyzer give a generic speech summing up why by use of the gameplan you went with showing the highlights of the selected plays you chose in halftime that worked) This way it still feels like watching a game and the presentation still looks authentic. also if you stil lose show why also how your gameplan failed either by bad plays or bad execution or lack of making adjustment on your part. make gameplanning an option not a requirement if a player feels he has the game in the bag but the opposing team makes great adjustments both the team and player should feel out of the game with the loss of momentum making the player desperate to make a play to gain the momentum back.

Also I'd like to see a clutch rating included in kickers. some kickers are excellent reg kickers but not all kickers are good in the clutch these kick should also be tracked

on offense please show me defensive names on the on field coaching screen (L2 or LT) it should not be a mystery of what personell your offense is going up against, this leaves you at a weakness because if i want to know where for example Daryl Reeves is i'm looking for him to throw away from him but how can i do that if i don't know where he is. your pre snap read is worthless maybe this should take a designated amount of time according to your QB's awareness level and complexity of the defense making it a valuable stat being that you'll never really let the A.I throw the ball for you

Another suggestion this is a big one FATIGUE i liked the idea of tired personell missing assignments and such but these guys are athletes and the system is kinda static. Fatigue should be calulated by minutes played and strenuous activity for example if i'm running the ball all first half their defense shouldn't come out after half time 100 percent maybe 80 to 70 percent depending on how hard the run game is. if you have a mobile QB and makes DT's chase him all game they'll never play with the same freshness as the game started. OT both teams should be exhausted most OT's are determined by one missed assignment due to fatigue. I want the benefit of i may be cheaping out on big pass plays now by running up the gut but the defense is going to pay for it later. Also on defense if a WR keeps getting hit stick he should also start loosing fatigue or start loosing the will to want to go across the middle again and make a play. also if you didn't notice this will force players to use the depth chart and use third down backs so that they don't just use the starter just because he's great or use different substitution packages to try to keep the whole team fresh, those guys get tired too.

Crowds should make an impact on audibles on the fly. also they should at least sound excited when a big play could be developing and scream when it does develop, the crowd should get hyped when the home teams RB breaks free from the second line of defense and is still on his feet with one man to beat and then go CRAZY when he scores. as opposed to the same low dull roar. they should also make a difference in the game however nothing outrageous like in NCAA where it can be just about impossible to beat a team at home, but depending on the momentum of the home team the noise should increase as well as an increase giving a little boost to a players stats.vice versa a booing Home crowd should negatively affect the home team. Visiting teams should also lose composure if everything is going wrong and nothing is quite working right i want the player to get frustrated when he sees A.I get pissed off and start creating stupid penalties such as unnessary roughness not just hitting someone out of bounds but OL getting in the face of the DL giving that one DT a sly shove, or CB's in the face of WR's calling time outs can give the coach an attempt to rally his team until they can make a big play i want to be able to feel like crap lets just hurry up and go to half time i want to explode when i big play happens in my favor i want that excitement

i want the commentaters to warn players of dangerously low levels of composure COMMENTATOR 1 "Looks like tempers are beginning to flare out there" COMMENTATOR 2 "yeah things just aren't going their way, but they really need to try to keep their composure and keep themselves in this game at least until halftime where they can try to rally and maybe come out with a different game plan." "The last thing you want now is stupid penalties."

offline make the cpu play smarter not make your team look like high school girls going against super bowl champs as difficulty increases i'm tired of bad players being made great regardless of a matchup in your favor just because they are playing on a higher difficultly. offline teams should play according to their strengths if I'm playing the Cards i want to know that hey their WR core is stronger than their RB's so therefore the majority of the game their going to try to air it out on me. Defense should play smarter also if they have a great DE they should call plays designed to give him one on one match ups against your tackle.

Overall two big themes this season was half time adjustments and crowd noise i.e (the twelve man)

Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

try to experiment with different angles and model sizes so that i can see the flats or maybe put like a red ring (based on qb awareness and handiness and play design) telling me that he's open or not, i also want to see qb move his head looking at his primary, or alt wr then check down

Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

[Avatar]

1. better blocking

2. better superstar mode

3. deeper franchise mode (training drills, team chemistry, set ticket and consession prices, etc.)

Team Captain

all good ideas

cem_ea_id.ReppinPats wrote:Moss to 99 Brady to 99 Welker to 99 Vollmer to 99

Retard ^^

[Avatar]

ps3.xX_PROBIE_Xx wrote:all good ideas

short and simple and the only one i was willing to read good post

Stomps n Soccer Kicks Crew

do not use stats to defend your argument about individual players football is a team sport where every players stats are dependent on his teamates.

4. The face masking is ridiculous and it 99 percent of the time is 15 yards, please fix this, NFL players don't always deliberately facemask as much or as blatant. And there are different ways to strip the ball from a carrier, please fix also. And what about LATE HITS when going out of bounds, especially when it's done on purpose.

There is no 5 yd face mask anymore..... everything is 15 yds.

they have late hits out of bounds... except that often time a real late hit is not called... when a continuation hit that leaves the field of play is.

I'm more concerned with the ability to run out of bounds for as long as you like without penalty. If you go out of bounds on your own, you can't be the first one to touch a pass..... yet all the time WR run out of bounds come back in and catch a pass without any penalty

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/29/2010 05:54:01

ps3.xX_PROBIE_Xx wrote: I have read that you will be taking on board a similar tackling engine to that of Euphoria being the nVidia X physics tackling engine to allow for improved and real-time tackling physics, I think that is a great step forward.

However, here is something else I think needs placement into the game to improve Madden 2011:

- Play calling -

With reference to a past competitor 2k5 had a full stats tracking for the player i.e. How many times they called the run, how many times they would call and audible on the run, how many times the run was to the left or right etc; If you could somehow incorporate this into the computers AI to "remember" what we the player do a majority of the time to have the computer AI track our movements to make it harder every game we play, that would be a great improvement as the poor play calling is terrible right now on Madden. If the AI was to know what we normally do they can develop a gameplan I.e. Stack the box against CJ, the AI doesnt do that now.

- Player Matchups -

With Madden 2010 the player match ups where absurd you couldnt quick swap CB's and if the WR opposition or player corp switched around on the field they where continuosly lined up against scrub corners if this is able to be fixed by a simple "assign WR slot to mark" for the player I.e. CB1 to mark WR1 for the game no matter where they line up on the play set, they will be marking that player and lower the chance of the continuity that is BIG PLAYS and BIG SCORES of 2010.

- Invisible Players -

In madden 2010 this has been a big issue for me, whilst the last update helped a little it didnt do much and there is still plays where the WR goes for the catch and the ball litterally goes through his hand and the ball is intercepted. This needs to be eliminated for 2011. Another issue I have is when CB's are covering a WR and they have the most open chance to intercept the will slide in front of the WR for a backwards intercept then the WR will casually run in front of them to intercept it. Another issue that needs fixing.

- Play Creation -

To enhance gameplay, it would be sensational if playbook creation was brought back into the game if not for online but for offline, and not the play creator of Head Coach that was ridiculous.

- Presentation -

EA you have the rights to ESPN why not use them? You could use Sportcentre for half-time and full-time shows and for the weekly analysis with Mr.Berman. Get rid of extra point, whilst it was a nice inclusion into this years edition Sportcentre would be alot more fitting. Commentators need firing or atleast a more creative and robust commentary lines. With team-mates on the sideline, tie and time again when either I or my opponent has made a big break down the sideline and my team is there they dont get involved, they dont jump around and point to the endzone they stand their like statues which a real team wouldnt do, give them a bit of life and maybe just maybe remove their numbers and give thema random spray of numbers instead of just 00. Have a section after the game where the MVP of the game is interviewed with a preset amount of words again similar to the 2k5 model. Bring rivalries into it a bit more, i.e. the new rivalry between out of division teams like the Steelers and the Titans after the LenDale White terrbile towel incident. I saw that was given a try this year but go into more detail. Also I would love to see team Mascotts come out of the tunnels with each home team at the begining I.e Titans mascot T-Rac.

Just a few little improvements I would like to see, probably still a few years off getting to these though.
I like your article of the game. We also agree on Chris Berman , I love the commentator since Marshall Faulk was playing. He would shout , ''Marshall , Marshall , Marshall'' he made the game of football seem special. Chris Berman and john madden would make an execellent team.

NFL 2k5 was a superior game by far, and in some ways still is. EA knew it thats why they did what they did. Now look at the state of football games. If only 2k could come back...*sigh*. The good ole days.

It's better to be Dead and cool than Alive and uncool.

my wishlist is

Offline Franchise:

- Injury Reserved: Add this so if a player gets hurt he would be removed from your "active roster" and moved to this list of players so you can add a player to the "active roster" to make it 53 players.

- Practice Squad: Add this so players that aren't good enough to play in the games yet so they can develop without being on the 53 man "active roster" but you can still have rights to them.

- Realistic Stats: If you like to simulate and sit back and manage your franchise like me there shouldn't be players with unbelievable stats. The way it is now is if you simulate a season there will be 4-7 HB's averaging 7+ YPC. That and 2-5 HB's rushing for 2000+ yards in a single season. There has only been 6 players do it in the history of the NFL and for 4 players to do it in one season is completely unrealistic.

- Clear CAP Penalties: This should be added so if you drop below the CAP you should be able to make the owner of the team pay the CAP so you can sign more players to help you win games so your team can get its own revenue.

- Training: This was always my favorite thing to do in franchise mode. It was in there but it was taken out for Madden 10 for reasons we would all like to know. Since this is out your players cannot progress throughout the season, you have to wait all season long for your players to progress. Please add this for Madden 11.

- Injury Workouts: This was the same as training, it was in and it was taken out for reasons unknown. This was a very useful feature that needs to be added back.

- More Coaches: You say you want a realistic game. In the NFL there are secondary coaches, offensive line coaches, etc. These should be added for a realistic game.

- Progression: If I have a 68 rated WR step up for an injured star and the 68 rated WR goes for over 1200 yards and 12 TD's he should have a huge overall improvement.

- Roster Requirements: This is not needed or it is needed to an extent. You shouldn't have to have 2 RG/LG. As long as you have 4 G's that should be enough. The requirement for G's would be 4 going by what I say, it shouldn't be a positional requirement. This was hard to put into words, hope y'all understand.

- Preseason: Make it useful, give us an 80 man roster to work with and make us cut it down to 53 by week one of the regular season. It is pretty much a useless process to go through to get to the regular season risking injuries for no reason.

- Retirement: Give us the option to talk players into coming back for one more year. Let us offer them things like a Super Bowl promise, playoff promise, etc.

- Preseason Training: This was in the old Maddens. Let us focus on certain players to work on during preseason. You would have to bring back training like I said earlier or Mini-Camp like in the old Maddens so it will be the same.

- Weather Effects: If it is raining the teams playing should run the ball more and if they do pass it the players would drop the ball often because the ball would be wet/slippery.

- Sidelines: Make the players that are shown over there players that are currently on the teams roster. Sometimes it shows the same model number 00. Your players not on the field should be shown over there.

- Substitutions: We should be able to pick the player we want to play in that formation. If we want a big bodies TE going across the middle in a 5 wide set we should be able to set that through our menus/options.

- Draft Classes: Randomize them again, I don't find it fun drafting the same players over and over again if I redo a franchise. Please randomize them.

Rosters:

- Weekly Roster Updates: We should have a roster update every week, I say release it on a Wednesday since there will never be a game on a Wednesday or release it on a day where there will never be a game that week if something happens and they play on a Wednesday. This would prevent you guys missing players who need an update. If you do it monthly or however it is done now a big list of players is created that needs an upgrade/decrease and you don't get all of them.

- Injury Reserve: This would help you guys a lot, it would help the at home roster makers as well. If there are players that are on injury reserve you/we can put them there and put the player that the team signed and use them. Right now there are several players on the FA list that are on teams because of injuries and we/you can't put them on there because there isn't room on the roster. If this was added it would make us have a realistic roster.

- Practice Squads: Same as above, sometimes players are brought up and there isn't room on the roster because of injuries so you guys put them in the FA pool.

Madden Moments-When Completed, have a video of the actual moment.

SS Mode- with more popularity this year then years past with just the Combine, lets make this mode the main thing to work with. When we Transfer our RTG player from NCAA, have the first thing they do is accept or decline a Senior Bowl, Accept or decline the combine, do your proday, then the draft. (Which they should make a year after the game, at least, Tebow will be a rookie in this for example, I want him to be at least a 1 year pro when my RTG player comes in, I think if I am a 6'4 239 pound 4 time heisman winning QB, I shouldn’t be a 2nd round pick, it SHOULD be 3 or 4 years after)
As a defensive player in SS mode, give Corners and Safeties a break, throw them some kind of bone, the point of this is to become a Legend, a hall of famer, as a safety its hard to do that when dropped in to a deep zone, make it easier to read a QB, maybe that means bring back the QB vision, ONLY for SS mode when your a CB or safety, even make it accordingly, A rookie QB's vision may be thin, and you will see exactly who he is throwing to, where as Peyton manning, Tom Brady, or Drew Brees, the vision light would be much wider.
Super bowl presentation in SS mode would be nice. Also you have rights to NFL Network, use it! I understand when playing the game, in SS mode, there is no commentary, because I am suppose to feel like I’m IN the game, but when the game is over, I want to be able to do interviews, I want to see PRIME TIME on the Game day Final, if you have it baby, use it. Even a radio show like you use to have. Lets make SS mode what it should be, life as an NFL superstar, and give me some options in my manager, maybe I’m a good guy, and want to talk about how tough my opponents are, even if I’m The Colts, and I’m about to play the lions. Give me to perceptions of my Superstar, if I’m a New York Jet, the NFL may think me talking trash is bad, but The Jets fans may think I’m great, City fans NFL should be separated.

Create a Player- Separate Face from Hair, and put in more then 3 hair colors, facial hair as an option. Break it down into this. Race, Face, Hair, Facial Hair, Hair Color. Accessories, not much, eye paint would be a nice option, mouth piece, one like Shaun Alexander used. Maybe tattoos, because people want them. Ability to pick enzone taunts, Soldier boy, The uprights basketball taunts, Burping the Baby (Back to Shaun) Some EA originals, some basics, and in Lambeau field, give us the action area to pull off the Leap, come on now. Also, give us the option to send him over to our Created teams.

Franchise mode, again, rights to NFL Network, use them. If you want to move the team, make the fans the next year upset, show the stadium not sold out. For Instance, if Jacksonville was moving to L.A, even LESS fans would go to their games, make it obvious that that’s happening. Also, if you chose to move, don’t make us HAVE to change the colors to your cartoon colors and our logo to your tacky choices of Logos, if we are Jaguars in JAX, we can be jags in L.A, many teams keep their mascot, its not a new franchise, its a new Location, if it was a new franchise, we would have had it to start out with in Franchise mode, when we pick the teams we want. Also, L.A has the plans for a BEAUTIFUL new Stadium, see if you can make it, I’m just saying...
Also, give realistic faces to at least one more draft class, have at least a few top prospects for the next draft, (Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, Cameron Heyward.. Ect.) I’m sure if you wanted their picture, they would give it to you.

Create a Team. Lets make this kind of like NCAA did last year, because your logos, and colors, are crazy. How is there still not a wolf, when that is a common request for a logo EVERY year? Your Colors are insanely bright, give people a web site to make their teams, and/or just put more options in the game.

Adding more coaches (LB coach, RB coach DB coach DL coach, QB coach WR/TE coach OL Coach) . The ability to make a head coach, create plays and a play book that goes with him, just an idea.

Work on Mechanics, running catching. A little presentation, fans being more realistic, maybe bring back create a fan, and create a sign, that was fun, making a super fan with a goofy sign.Cheer Leaders and Mascots wouldn’t hurt, but its not something that is a major thing. More player recognition…

It seems that Madden is always hyped up to be “The most realistic Madden to date” but when you play it, it just feels the same, same game, stats a little different, some things, it seems like, even get worse.

New A.I. System

Madden NFL Series  > Madden General Discussion
Go to: