[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
So You Have Posted Something To A Thread And It Doesn't Show Up  XML
Need for Speed World  > NFS World General Discussion

[Avatar]

Greetings;

It seems that there are some threads that people post comments to that do not show up immediately.

When this happens, it causes the person posting to post another comment, trying to force the posts to come to the forefront.

What happens when you do this is you end up with multiple posts from the same person in the thread in question.

The following steps that I am about to put here are designed to help stop this from happening, and they will also help those that are looking for the latest posting in any particular thread that has these problems.

In any Forum there is a main page listing all the threads contained within that Forum.

This main page in each Forum has been divided into columns that read in order from left to right:

1 ) TOPIC - What each thread is about

2 ) REPLIES - Number of responses that the thread has had so far

3 ) AUTHOR - Person who started the thread

4 ) VIEWS - Number of times that the thread has been looked at by different players

5 ) LAST MESSAGE - The latest respondent to that particular thread

Now here is where you can view the latest response to the thread if it is not showing up.

Click on the LAST MESSAGE column containing the latest respondent and that will take you to that persons profile.
This includes a response that you may have posted that does not show up yet shows your name as last respondent.

In their profile you will see a line that says: " Number Of Messages Posted " click on the link provided there and it will take you to that persons messages that they have put up

This will take you to a page with all the messages that the person has posted, each one will have three links on it:

i - The forum message has been posted in

ii - Thread message has been posted in

iii - Go To Message

Click on the " Go To Message " and POOF there you will have on the page displayed with the message(s) that are not showing up on the original threads page listings.

This is any easy process and should help stop the multiple postings by person posting to threads.

Thanks.

MADBIKER1960

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 11/14/2010 14:21:12

[Email] [WWW]

nfsw-ob.MADBIKER1960 wrote:Perhaps I should duplicate a copy of this into each and every forum on the site so that it can be stuck at the top of each main page?

If you'd do that, you'd be violating the ToS. Don't think those ToS and forum rules don't count for you too.

[WWW]

[Avatar]

nfs_web.BesiX wrote:
nfsw-ob.MADBIKER1960 wrote:Perhaps I should duplicate a copy of this into each and every forum on the site so that it can be stuck at the top of each main page?

If you'd do that, you'd be violating the ToS. Don't think those ToS and forum rules don't count for you too.

And just how does posting these instructions in every forum to avoid duplication of peoples postings violate the TOS?

This is a very helpful thread and it needs to be in every forum to avoid the problem of multiple postings just to get a thread to show last posting.

And it shouldn't have been done by a player, it should have been done by Support a long time ago and posted by them in every forum.

So if they want to get hot headed and suspend me for be helpful let them.

Thanks.

MADBIKER1960

[Email] [WWW]

[Avatar]

You mean make it a Global Sticky? It's wise to ask permission first to Jussi. Since the forum is not yet fix, this guide will be useful.

The Forum Rules Of Conduct state:

Spam
Spamming is not tolerated in the forums. Spamming includes posting the same post multiple times in a forum, repeatedly posting on the same topic in different threads, posting the same post in multiple forums, or posting repeatedly without actually contributing to a topic.

Multiple posts, whether on the same boards or different boards, can be actioned as spam.

I'm pretty sure this counts for topics too. So yes, you're spamming by posting duplicate threads all over the forum.

[WWW]

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

I've added this here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/3648854.page

Jussi

[WWW]

[Avatar]

CSO_SUB.jsskppnn wrote:I've added this here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/3648854.page

Jussi

Well, I think the issue has been solved.

[Avatar]

nfs_web.BesiX wrote:The Forum Rules Of Conduct state:

Spam
Spamming is not tolerated in the forums. Spamming includes posting the same post multiple times in a forum, repeatedly posting on the same topic in different threads, posting the same post in multiple forums, or posting repeatedly without actually contributing to a topic.

Multiple posts, whether on the same boards or different boards, can be actioned as spam.

I'm pretty sure this counts for topics too. So yes, you're spamming by posting duplicate threads all over the forum.

You still do not get my point do you? This thread was designed to stop the exact problem that you quoted in the TOS.

This thread is helpful here and in other forums, because of the duplicity caused by the problems that these forums have with some threads.

If I was posting inconsequential garbage that was not helpful in any way then yes I would be in violation, but since this topic is helpful in avoiding duplicity in postings, it is needed in every forum, because not all players come into this forum and read it, or the Super Stickies where Jussi has so graciously listed it.

And like I said before Support should have put these instructions up long ago, not a player.

And they should have them in every forum for the players, or at least put them on the main forums listings page http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/187.page

Thanks.

MADBIKER1960

[Email] [WWW]

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

Can't add any more stickies. We're up to 4 already and board administrators have advised me to keep it at 5 or less. I'm certain Drew or Torque will soon pop up and ad a stickie as they often do, when they have some news for the whole community.

Jussi

[WWW]

nfsw-ob.MADBIKER1960 wrote:You still do not get my point do you? This thread was designed to stop the exact problem that you quoted in the TOS.

Trying to fix spam by spamming the same thread in every section isn't helping at all. You should have contacted a moderator or Drew to sticky this thread ONCE.

[WWW]

[Avatar]

nfs_web.BesiX wrote:
nfsw-ob.MADBIKER1960 wrote:You still do not get my point do you? This thread was designed to stop the exact problem that you quoted in the TOS.

Trying to fix spam by spamming the same thread in every section isn't helping at all. You should have contacted a moderator or Drew to sticky this thread ONCE.

...and then faint if it actually gets done.

[Avatar]

nfs_web.BesiX wrote:

You have so graciously cut my reply to you to suit your needs on being perfect again so in order to get the point across that I was trying to make I will again say that which you left out:

Not all players come into this forum.

Therefore it is neccesary to have it in other forums as well. So that they are aware of how to look for something they may have posted that doesn't show up.

Now please for the sake of being redundant leave it alone.

Thanks.

MADBIKER1960

[Email] [WWW]

[Avatar]

Greetings;

I made this thread on Saturday 13 Nov at 7:30 AM to help people out who were still having problems with their posts not showing up fast enough.

And yet today I went to THE THREAD and found on page 26 of it that MEDWARDS29 has multiple posts on it because of the fact he did not know that this system existed.

And I know that this was still visible on the first page of the forum, in fact it was within a couple lines of THE THREAD because I was busy all day long with duties else where in the forums.

How can we make all the players aware of these procedures to see their posts?

To avoid the multiple duplicities of their postings, and the constant waste of page space, I know it is only a few KB of space wasted, but with that space being used for multiple posts it makes the players that it happens too look really silly with their posts, and leaves them open to flaming by others.

Which is exactly what happened on that page in THE THREAD.

This has to be cured some how.

FAST.

Thanks.

MADBIKER1960

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/14/2010 07:37:15

[Email] [WWW]

[Avatar]

It should also be noted that occasionally, it will tell you that your post failed because your Captcha response didn't meet the challenge. However, if you wait 5-10 minutes, it will often magically appear. If a Captcha fails, I usually wait a while to make sure it hasn't been posted. Sometimes it takes a while for it to show up as a post. Sometimes, it will post, but never show up as a "Last Post" until the next day. Sometimes, a Captcha is legitimately rejected. Other times, after refreshing the thread several times, and waiting a long time for it to appear, it will show up, when you resubmit your post, therefore double posting.

If a Captcha fails, I usually open a new window and wait a while. If after waiting several minutes, I don't see the message in the thread, I will then submit from the original thread. Since threads often take a good long time to post in the first place. I will usually take a long break before checking on it.

Just a thought

OR they could just fix their freakin' forums.

Oh...I guess if they were competent, then they would already have fixed the GAME. I keep forgetting who we are talking about. My bad.
Need for Speed World  > NFS World General Discussion
Go to: