[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Any tips on trading in NHL 11?  XML
NHL Series  > NHL® Series General Discussion

[Avatar]

Having a hard time trading in BeAGM. Seeing some of the teams people have on here, I don't understand how they can pull off the trades they do. The CPU won't bite on trades where I'm giving them what they want, with a much higher interest than what's coming back to me. Some teams have that they want something like offense, but then all their interest in centers and wingers are at zero and their goaltending is at full interest? Is it just me or is the trading broken in this game? I found the trading was tough in the last game, but definitely fair. Now it just seems like you have to trade a superstar for a guy with less than half the trade interest coming back and they still won't take it.

[Avatar]

i have not personally had any problems trading.

although, your info could be wrong, it depends on your pro scout, he could say they want offense, but he can be wrong.

try offering up top draft positions if you really wanna try to get someone.

Go Pens!

stop complaining all the time, its just a video game!
[WWW]

[Avatar]

I've tried that but it really hasn't worked.
I had a deal with *. Louis, where all they asked was to sweeten the deal. Their interest was high for prospects and goalies and all draft picks, all with green or full accuracy. So I started going from 7th rounder up to a first rounder and none worked. Then I added my best goalie prospect, which had a higher interest then a first rounder, and again, no deal. I'm starting to get convinced that the trading in this game is completely flawed.

I agree, I can't for the life of me pull off any trades. its really getting on my nerves. I have tried trading star players and 1st and 2nd rounders for crap minor leauge grinders and enforcers and it will not go through. So its not just you, the people who come on here claiming they do these crazy deals are either lying or have some patched version of the game.

No, its just that teams are very picky. Sure its not realistic that they wouldn't except the deal but by making them very picjy it makes pick9ing up the actual good players a lot harder. I'm glad the days are gone where in games yoiu just trade a bunch of picks to get the stars.

Ya the teams are picky but the trading i feel is good. i traded to get matt duchene from the avs in a fair trade so you can get stars from teams you just have to pay close attention to the trading black if your struggling then your doing something wrong or what your offering just wont work with that team.

Team Captain
[Avatar]

The problem I had in NHL 10 was that they would always say "we don't want any more players who are on one-way deals" no matter who they were or what their trade value was. It was VERY annoying.

Team Captain
[Avatar]

yah trading in GM is pretty messed up, you usually have to give above and beyond what you want from them for the trade to work

I traded Kovalchuk and a 2017 1st rounder to the kings for Thomas Hickey,Brayden Schenn and Loitiknov(not sure if spelt correctly). I think this is the only blockbuster trade that i've completed in the game. Usually you can trade 4 any draft picks for a first rounder then trade your way up to a Malkin or Crosby (i've gotten both this way, by aquiring many 1st rounders and then trading for my desired player.) So the trading is flawed in NHL 11. IMO

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/3007603.page#9121585

My trade list

[Avatar]

Just completely disregard the team wants/needs screen. Go by trade value. If a guy has full trade value on their team, it will be difficult to trade for him. You generally can trade a top prospect, a veteran, and a 4th pick for any highly skilled player. Prospects are very easy to trade away and very difficult to trade for. I do fantasy drafts and draft only players with a B or higher in potential. Afterwards, I can trade for just about anyone I want and craft the team I want.

EASFHL: Gretzky Conference 20 Teams
136-56-28
Overall Rank: 1st
Division Rank: 1st
Name: I Stand No Chance
Top Players:
Miller
Thomas
Heatley
Gaborik
Hossa
Doan
Elias
Marchand
Myers

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/19344

[Avatar]

I traded for Patrick Sharp in BAGM

Trade was

To CHI: 2nd round pick, Thomas Hickey

To LA: 5th round pick, Patrick Sharp

"You can't tell other people to do it if you aren't doing it yourself."
"If it's not working, you're just not working hard enough."
- Mike Richards

[Avatar]

I tried BEaGM for a minute, tried to trade with one team, they gave me the run-around. We are not interested in trading away our prospects, we are not interested in trading away our veterans, we are not interested in traded away our rookies, etc, etc.

I tried it all and they made it seem like they were open to a trade yet they always had some excuse. I think they were on some list of wanting to trade, or maybe I was trying to get some player they said they wanted to trade..but they didn't take anything. I suppose if I gave them Datsyuk & Zetterberg they would take it for some aging D-man but they should have said 'we are not interested in trading at this time even though we have two guys on the trading block'

The only trade they would take was one extremely lop-sided in their favor!!!

PC>PS4+Xbox One
[WWW]

I'm through 8 simmed seasons with BaGM and here's a couple suggestions.

Like onemanarmy said, the higher the trade value of a player or draft pick, the more likely you can move him to the team. I've had them turn down 85 OVR players 30 years old for 62 OVR 21 year olds who had high potential and trade value.

I couldn't trade my 85 Goalie for a 57 Goalie for whatever reason but the same team took him for a 5th round pick (essentially saving me 3 million cap space - needed to move him to free cap space up)

Contrary to others and in order to get decent offers, I do adjust my trade block (have never put players on it though) and minimize the "will take D men in trade" slider and pretty much maximize most of the others.If someone wants to throw 1st round picks into a trade offer - I'm all for it.

I've put OVP behind me and love BaGM. Sure there's a glitch here and there but once you max out your scouting and coaching staff upgrades and sim the complete season - it's pretty fun to put together a competitive team. In 8 simmed seasons I've been to the finals twice and missed the playoffs once. It's enjoyable watching the playoff scores sim - hoping you'll win the holy grail.

I got Doughty threw 1 2st Rndr / 2nd Rndr and top 3 prospect - real life scenario I think

I started a GM with the penguins to test something.
I went to the trade screen. I went to the Nashville Predators and selected their worst prospect. 67 OVR with C-, C, C- in potential.

They wanted offense and had a high interest in trading away Centers and prospects (which their guy was). They wanted offense, centers and wingers.

I offered Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, and 3 first round picks.

They declined. And yes, they had enough cap room to do the deal.

LIKE WTF

[Avatar]

that guy ends up becoming a 102. i didn't think it was even possible. that is why they won't do the deal. try trading for a different 60 ovr player.

EASFHL: Gretzky Conference 20 Teams
136-56-28
Overall Rank: 1st
Division Rank: 1st
Name: I Stand No Chance
Top Players:
Miller
Thomas
Heatley
Gaborik
Hossa
Doan