[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
*Official* Wish List Thread for Madden NFL 13.  XML
Madden NFL Series  > Madden Tech Help & Feedback

For me personally franchise mode is the best aspect of the game for me, more importantly I would like the presence of the coaching and ownership aspects to be more in depth. A big part of the experience that needs to be revamped this year is the overall scouting and draft. I would like for scouting reports to be put back into the game for each rookie should you choose to scout them. I also think that the combine should evaluate all the rookies that should chose to go and make their stats available to all teams like in the real combine. There should also be the presence of those potential rookies that don't want to participate in the combine because it might hurt their draft stock, but adversely there should be those who improve their draft stock. In 2012 the draft seems pointless because after the third round players start a major drop off from the high 60s to the low 40s. I think that I should still be able to get players like a Tom Brady in the 7th round, a "Diamond in the Rough" if you will. Also for every Tom Brady there is an Akili Smith, you should also include those coveted 1st round draft busts. I would also like for their to be an addition to pro days where you can watch and evaluate your future picks based on a series of drills and tests. I don't like the idea of just selecting a rookie and getting his overall stats, I just feel like it would be better to be able to see their abilities first hand and see how they would fit in to your game day schemes, not every 80 overall rookie is going to bring upside to every team, that is a fact. I think the correlation between the NCAA downloaded draft classes should be closer, If they where front runners for the Heisman or top in there position they shouldn't all be predicted in the bottom half of the draft and if they are crappy in NCAA they shouldn't be studs in Madden, that is not how it is in real life.

The need for training camps in this years franchise mode would be a much needed add on, for the past few madden installments I've felt like when we just play the games in the season and no changes to necessary stats are made it seems pointless, especially when you wait a whole season and your quarterback's kicking power increases but he can't throw 10 yards accurately. I think that the inclusion of a full staff for the team is needed; to include the Head Coach, Assistant Head Coach/ Offensive or Defensive coordinators, Special Teams coordinator, QB coach, RB coach, Skill position coaches, O-Line/ D-line coaches, Linebackers coaches, and secondary coaches. And please make it to where not every single coach has all negative stats, how are you supposed to improve when every coach affects your team in a negative way. This year I would also like to see a reason for you to have a training staff, what is the point if they don't actually train anyone. their should also be a separate spot for medical staff. The scouting agencies took a turn for the worst in 2012, and there wasn't a single difference between them besides the price you have to sacrifice on your total cap space, Waste of Time. This is all that comes to minds for right now, but I hope you guys consider these changes for 2013.

You know I was Playing Madden 2012 and I was modifying my coaches play and it occurred to me that the importance, play style of the positions you can change, the aggressiveness, and what type of offense or defense you want to play as doesn't really mean anything unless you simulate the games. Is their a point to these features besides simulation, I wish there was, maybe the play styles could translate into what kind of players I draft or how their stats improve through out their careers. I'd like to see my defensive end rush and tackle as hard as he could when my aggressiveness was up and he was set for pass rushing, instead they just play conservative 100% of the time and it makes the game play seem lackadaisical. When I select the importance and I turn of the Halfback to 100, I want it to translate into the game plan for the week.

I would also like for creating a playbook to actually be that, I would like to pool from other playbooks but i would also like to add my own flare to them by creating/modifying the plays. I want to be able to create my own coach and work my way through the franchise to become the head guy if i chose to go that route. I'd like to have a virtual war room for the draft where my coaches and scouts pull from a draft plan and their player preference to make suggestions on a draft choice to improve our team. I want something more than just total control of the team in franchise, I want to be able to lose my job if I want to be a coach or feel the hatred of the fans if I turn out to be a bad manager and my team has 5 or more losing season. I just want the franchise mode to expand and get away from just having minor changes. The ability to gain or lose the clutch trait would be nice to have too, and I want more O-lineman that are pass blocks instead of all of them being run blocking inclined.

I was also wondering if you guys could make the addition of the name Tone to the commentary, pronounced tohn as in any sound considered with reference to its quality, pitch, strength, source, etc.:

Sorry if anybody finds this offensive I don't mean for it to be

Can Madden consider expanding into the PC? I believe that if EA can produce FIFA for the PC so brilliantly, then perhaps Madden could be for the PC as well? I know of plenty of people that want Madden on the PC because not everyone has a Xbox or PS3.

I don't know if anybody has ever suggested this and I'm not going to read all of them to see. But I would like to see relationships between my players in franchise mode. Cause in real life the relationships between, let's say your qb and wr, are very important to the success of your team as well as the actual players performance on the field.

Also the fact that every time u go into franchise mode, u get the same players in free agency every year is boring, specially since there isn't really any way of developing your players in training camp anymore. Which is one of the things I miss the most in franchise mode.

And in superstar mode, I think u should always be able to play as any nfl player not just rookies, or at least bring back the ability to purchase the add on. (edit: I do like the way you have it set up to develop players in superstar mode, i don't know if it would b possible to do the same in franchise but it would be nice.)

That's all my suggestions for now, I may have some more later.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/11/2012 11:16:46

Please implement the ability to create your own plays and hot routes, as this was in Head Coach, as was a remarkable feature. I understand that testing for this type of thing is probably tedious to say the least, but maybe even if you guys created a seperate add-on or DLC that allowed you to do this, to pay for the costs of hiring testers. I mean in this day an age, this series is majorly lacking, and I mean if you look at the NBA game, this doesn't even touch it. I think that most people agree that if you love football and gaming, you'll play the game even if it is sub-par, in which, having played madden since '93, I will say that it is, and while it's getting there, hopefully with a new creative director, you guys start putting more into the franchise, which I'm sure had a lot to do with EA's succe$$.

For some of us, this our fantasy, as some of us for medical or other reasons, never got the chance to play for real, and this is all we have. I own quite a few games, and I play this at LEAST 10 times more than any other of my games, and I have to say that I expect more. The last of the ps2/XBOX versions, are outstanding so far as features are concerned, and I don't know why it's taken so long to translate to the new versions, but my main wish for this new iteration is a bonified PLAY CREATOR, meaning you can put these plays in your custom playbook (which hopefully you can transfer from last year), and use in any game mode. Another suggestion is that for phones, and stuff that isn't powerful enough to have good graphics, bring back the Madden 97/98 model, and update the rosters, and keep it simple. As of now the mobile versions... well, just aren't very fun, as average ratings, and user reviews will indicate. Anyhow, I know it can't be easy making Madden, with all of the platforms, and details, and deadlines that you have to deal with but it needs to get better, and you guys would benefit from either hiring a new QA team, or more testers, as I dealt with hard crashes on both the 360 and PS3 versions (yeah I'm hardcore like that) which are unacceptable, especially with the ability to patch the game online. How some things made it through standards testing is beyond me, but you guys are wrond for that, so let's see a game without hard crashes too, and to where I don't have to use a memory unit to play the game normally. That's it, we'll see what happens. I'd rather be playing for my Niners than this game, but it's all some of us got, so hopefully you guys put a little more LOVE into the game. God bless you guys to get the PS3 and 360 versions right, as the hard crash thing made me lose alot of respect for EA in general, and I played EA SPORTS games all of my life, like alot of these people, and just don't want to have a heart attack in my thirties.

Oh, and why not bring back the Newspaper feature via NFL.com style, in franchise mode, I was thinking of that the last time I played...

The number one thing that I need to see improved is the situation with coaches. It was very disappointing to have a bunch of fake coaches in Madden 12. It really took me out of the moment of that "fantasy universe" that is Madden franchise mode.

I want to see a complete and accurate collection of NFL coaches with their real teams. If Belichick refuses to participate, I can live with it. But try to get him. Even if he doesn't get the other 31 head coaches. Also, get the proper coordinators for each team. You could go a step further and have real position coaches.

Also, I would like to see a more realistic selection of coaches. There should be some type of compatibility factor between coaches. For instance, it doesn't make sense to have Rod Marinelli, a 4-3 Cover 2 coach, as the defensive coordinator of the Jets under Rex Ryan, who prefers a 3-4 defense.

I loved having real pictures with the rookies last year. It was a great touch. Now go out of your way to get complete biographies of coaches and a full and accurate listing. It would also be nice if you let us pick coaches currently out of the league (like Eric Mangini and Brian Billick) in the off-season as well. Dedicate yourself to fixing the coaching situation from 2012, which was a disaster.

Just fix the freezing in Superstar mode please. I cant play more than 2 games without it freezing. happened on ps3 and xbox 360. doesnt happen in franchise. I honestly dont even care about changing it or anything just make sure it doesnt freeze. also ive set injuries to 0 (which is supposed to disable them) but literally every player gets hurt and put on IR in superstar mode still (which i think is causing the freezing) because like 10 teams will have all 3 of their qb's on IR for the year by week 2. so at the minimum lets us turn off injuries like we can in franchise. thank you.

Hi, as a huge Bengals fan, I must know this. Can Cincinnati's field please be fixed? The field was redone over the spring and they changed the logo from the bengals tiger to the famous striped "B". Can this be fixed before release or even after?

[Avatar]

i didnt think i would ever have to make this wish - BUT PLS BRING BACK FANTASY DRAFT FOR MADDEN 13!!!

The movement is grabbing steam - never before have madden gamers been united on an issue - MADDEN NEEDS FANTASY DRAFY - without this any other enhancement is meaningless!

GREENERRRR
The Madden Group!
The place to play FANTASY DRAFTED LGs
http://ps3maddengroup.com/

Me and 31 of my friend have been playing Madden since day 1. Genesis, 3DO, ps1, ps2 (in 2000) and ps3 (in 2009). We have always stuck with Madden NFL game. Even when NFL 2K was a better game than Madden was on ps1. Now we feel that EA sports has for gotten about us. Does anyone know if Madden 13 will fix the stick configuration issue? I know 31 other people not including me who are still playing Madden 10. Madden 11 changed the D pad (directional pad) to the Strategy Pad. We (all 32 including me) want the option to change back to the Madden 10 controller configuration. Every Father's day our kids buy us (all 32 including me) Madden but since Madden 11 my 31 other friends have been turning in the game receipt. Every year we (all 32 including me) use to take off work the day Madden came out but not anymore. I miss those days. If Madden 13 does not fix this issue this will be my last year playing too. We (all 32 including me) want our D-Pad Back!!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/08/2012 21:30:58

I apologize if this was mentioned already but the ability to give individual DB's bump and run assignments as opposed to a mass change for all DB's. Some teams only have one guy who is good at Bump & Run while the other plays off OR just press...

Or have 3 levels Bump and run/ Press (shadow) /Off Coverage

[Avatar]

Can it be possible to make a change to create a player option? Since this game is purchased internationally, game players like myself like to create their own player with some information regarding themselves. Can it be possible to broaden more than just the 50 US states? I am from Canada and there are players in the NFL that are from Canada too as well, so to make that option would be great. Not only just for the US and Canada but make it for other countries too. Thanks...

I have to agree with you GHostindaShadow. Franchise mode is the best aspect of the game for me too. I believe Franchise mode was added to Madden in 1998. It was and still is the best feature ever added to Madden. My first Madden Football game on ps3 was Madden NFL 2009 XX Years Collector's Edition (With Madden 09 and Head Coach 09). I have the ps3 that lets me play ps1, ps2 and ps3 games. Below is My Wish List.

•Stick Configuration (The Option to configure the stick back to Madden 2010 configuration (D-Pad not strategy pad) or to configure and save the configuration to what best work for the user. The option is in the game. Can you turn it on in Madden 13. Everyone I speak to at GameStop plus 31 other people I know say they want the Madden 2010 stick configuration back. They all like using the D-Pad to run and rush with their players.)

•Voice Synchronization (play by play is not reporting what is happening on the field correctly)

•Create A Player Mode (Need to have better muscle definition and better faces and face shapes like in Madden 2005 ps2)

•Create A Coach Mode (With muscle definition, faces and face shapes like in Madden 2005 ps2)

•Create A Fan Mode (Bring it back)

•Madden game Developers talking to the NCAA, NBA JAM (2010 was sick) and NBA Live game Developers (There are some things in those games that should be in Madden)

•I would like to see my created player face on my team Roster (Like in NBA Live)

•The Game should read all of the features, stats, updates and hints (If you are not a fast reader you could miss something and you want see it until it comes up again.)

•Leave Practice Mode in Franchise Mode

•And everything that GHostindaShadow said would be good too

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at 07/08/2012 22:02:06

After reading through the Wish List Thread. A lot of the things that is on everyone’s wish list were in Madden on PS2. I think that since EA Sports created Madden on the PS3 platform these are the features that have not been added. I have been a long time Madden game player (Sega Genesis, 3DO, ps1, ps2 and now ps3). I have seen some good thing come and go. I know that Madden 2001 to 2008 was some good years for EA Sports on PS2. Me, my Son, My 2 Nephews and 29 friends that play's Madden also first Madden game on PS3 was Madden 2009. Playing Madden 2009 on PS3 was slower than Madden on PS2 but the graphics was nice. Madden 2010 was faster and better but the Create A Player Mode was not as good as on PS2. Then Madden 2011 on PS3 stick configuration changed everything without any warning. I am hoping that Madden 13 will put everything back together again.

Have anyone seen the Madden football game graphics on the 3DO game system? Wow! The technology on these other game systems are just now catching up to it.

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at 07/09/2012 12:03:57

Madden NFL Series  > Madden Tech Help & Feedback
Go to: