[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
We lost 14 boxers some legends and gained 13 boxers some unimpressive WTH!?  XML
FIGHT NIGHT  > Fight Night Champion XBOX 360 & PS3 Discussion

[Avatar]

How can the newest installment of FN give us a lesser ROSTER?

I was sure with the all work guys like: POETIC, Canabiss, jbels and Country were putting trying to find new boxers for the game you would give us an epic roster, instead we got worst.

Here me now, CAB better be EPIC (PAPINOSIS style) or we will rain down a poop storm on this forum.

If you sale us DLC's they better be properly priced them, like less then a dollar per boxer.

ADDED

1. Chad Dawson
2. Danny Jacobs
3. Erislandy Lara
4. Cristobal Arreola (Bah)
5. Tim Bradley
6. Fernando Vargas
7. Kevin Kelley (Bah give me Naseem instead)
8. David Haye
9. Jesse James Leija (Bah)
10. Peter Manfredo Jr. (Bah)
11. Butterbean (Bah)
12. Zab Judah
13. Kendall Holt (Bah)

SUBTRACTED

1. Marco Antonio Barrera (LEGEND)
2. Eric Morales (LEGEND)
3. James Toney (Heavyweight and Middleweight) (LEGEND)
4. Arturo Gatti (LEGEND)
5. Jorge Arce (Why him???)
6. Fernando Montiel (Why him???)
7. Amin Asikainen
8. Kermit Cintron (Should have kept him)
9. Young George Foreman (Amazon.com Pre-order exclusive)
10. Adamek (Why him??)
11. Cory Spinks
12. Pauli Malignaggi
13. Vivan Harris
14. Nate Campbell

I'm really really annoyed right now!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/09/2010 08:54:39

xbox.Well Loved wrote:How can the newest installment of FN give us a lesser ROSTER?

I was sure with the all work guys like: POETIC, Canabiss, jbels and Country were putting trying to find new boxers for the game you would give us an epic roster, instead we got worst.

Here me now, CAB better be EPIC (PAPINOSIS style) or we will rain down a poop storm on this forum.

If you sale us DLC's they better be properly priced them, like less then a dollar per boxer.

ADDED

1. Chad Dawson
2. Danny Jacobs
3. Erislandy Lara
4. Cristobal Arreola (Bah)
5. Tim Bradley
6. Fernando Vargas
7. Kevin Kelley (Bah give me Naseem instead)
8. David Haye
9. Jesse James Leija (Bah)
10. Peter Manfredo Jr. (Bah)
11. Butterbean (Bah)
12. Zab Judah
13. Kendall Holt (Bah)

SUBTRACTED

1. Marco Antonio Barrera (LEGEND)
2. Eric Morales (LEGEND)
3. James Toney (Heavyweight and Middleweight) (LEGEND)
4. Arturo Gatti (LEGEND)
5. Jorge Arce (Why him???)
6. Fernando Montiel (Why him???)
7. Amin Asikainen
8. Kermit Cintron (Should have kept him)
9. Young George Foreman (Amazon.com Pre-order exclusive)
10. Adamek (Why him??)
11. Cory Spinks
12. Pauli Malignaggi
13. Vivan Harris
14. Nate Campbell

I'm really really annoyed right now!

I think the additions are OK. But looking at the roster it feels like this roster contains more retired legends then current fighters.

Where is:

Kahn
Maidina
Alexander
Martinez
Williams
Bute
Ward
Johnson
Adamek
Arce
Montiel
Juanma
Margartio
Chavez Jr
Alvarez
JMM

Maybe contracts issues?

But if there planning on releasing some of these fighters as DLC, i think that is just wrong. Include the current fighters that matter right now to the sport and add legends to DLC.

I am not completely disappointed with the roster, but just wondering why some fan favorite fighters where taken out and some relevant fighters have were not put int.

[Avatar]

Yah there are some nice additions.. but i certaintly won't pay for people we had last year. and i hope the presentation of DLC.. and styles and tendencies is made a priority

[Avatar]

I think in DLC there will be no all these boxers who have cleaned from the list, not to mention new (Margarito, Marquez, Marciano...)

DLC - MARQUEZ , BARRERA , MORALES , MAYORGA , MARGARITO .

[Avatar]

NO Toney, Barrera, Morales and Gatti!!!! WOW...I'm disappointed!!

LOST 4 Hall of Famers and added ZERO!! What gives EA?? Did giving up those 4 licenses open up 13 or so mediocre ones?? Friggin BUTTERBEAN!!!! lol

Schizopolis' FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPION CAB ROSTER: http://bit.ly/gB40Qa
Heavyweight CAB Roster: http://bit.ly/nCybaP
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/schizopolis

[Avatar]

I was surprised to get so many new additions if I'm honest. I really expected the roster to be basically the same, but with 3-4 new names, and 3-4 of the lesser names gone.

The reason I'm dissapointed is the fact we lost so many great fighters from Round 4 (and kept some of the worst ones - Mundine and Dib especially). I can't understand the reasoning for some of the new inclusions either - Lara, Jacobs, and Arreola haven't achieved anything yet! The clue is in the title - Fight Night Champion

Peter Manfredo!?...

Where are the real boxing heroes of today - Froch, Pascal, Adamek, Berto, Khan, Marquez, Katsidis, Juanma, Vasquez, Cunningham, Abraham, Kessler, Dirrell, Ward, Williams, Martinez, Margarito etc..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/09/2010 09:09:28

EA SPORTS - It's In The Game (...Unless it's not - Like Punching From The Guard for example)

[Avatar]

I'm sorry but what we gained compared to what we lost is a NET LOSS!

The only new guys I'm happy about are

Bradley
Dawson
Haye
Jacobs
Lara
Vargas

Judah is passable

But we lost Legends didn't get 1 in return & we lost current champs and top contenders..

ps3.UKKARON wrote:I think in DLC there will be no all these boxers who have cleaned from the list, not to mention new (Margarito, Marquez, Marciano...)

I am afraid of this too. it really disappointed me when they did this last year with DLH, Hopkins and Holyfield.

I will not pay for fighters that were in last year.

I'm very dissappointed that Adamek was left out. I'm a fan of his plus he's doing real well right now on his move up in the heavyweight division from cruiserweight, yet he's not in the game. Very dissappointed . Here's the other thing, what happened to having 65 boxers in the game ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/09/2010 09:21:26

Fernando Vargas, Julio Cesar Chavez, De La Hoya no trinidad
Donaire, Gamboa, Guerrero no Juanma
no Andre Berto or Luis Collazo
Leonard duran no Benitez and Hearns
no Wilfredo Gomez

Fight Night Series sucks the big one

i think you guys are making a bigger deal of it then it is yeah im disapointed to not have gatti barrera morales but il live at end of the day this roister is decent still look at the heavyweight devision compared to round 3,
the game play looks good the licence's,sponcers,legacy and we still have alot of top names there overal this games still shaping up to be good so get over it if your fighter aint there.

[Avatar]

ps3.bsw050290 wrote:i think you guys are making a bigger deal of it then it is yeah im disapointed to not have gatti barrera morales but il live at end of the day this roister is decent still look at the heavyweight devision compared to round 3,
the game play looks good the licence's,sponcers,legacy and we still have alot of top names there overal this games still shaping up to be good so get over it if your fighter aint there.

Agreed, I think they focused on Gameplay and Champion mode.

We can't say the roster sucks the thing is you should never go backwards on any aspects and roster wise that's what happened they took steps back.

CAB better be great, can't wait to hear about that one.

Roster gets a 6/10.

The list is down for some reason. There was a page error when I tried to go back and view it. Does anyone know if " Old " George Foreman made the cut ? I know the young version didn't.

[Avatar]

Wow I can't believe how bad the roster is turning out to be. Too many great fighters taken out, only to be replace by mediocre ones.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/09/2010 09:42:42

Developer
[Avatar]

It's that time of year again. You win some, you lose some.

I'm not happy about it either. This is what Fight Night and KO Kings has gone through every year and it's never easy. Contracts are signed with fighters for a certain period of time and when they expire, we can't be certain we'll be able to reach another agreement with any of them.

- Some boxers were signed to deals over 3 years ago when things were pretty different, financially-speaking.

- All of the boxers that we lost were contacted, some of them several times by myself personally.

- I'm not kidding when I say this, sometimes we just don't hear back. Even from people we worked with previously.

- I personally had communications with one boxer - and his three different managers - over the course of 6 months.

- Arturo Gatti died under very suspicious circumstances. Sorry that we weren't able to re-do that contract in the wake of that. We would have signed him for an extra 2 years way back if we had known he was going to die.

- Some guys we had to drop because of a lawsuit last year, you might recall.

- Sometimes we have have verbal agreements in place with guys we really want and because of time-pressures we spend thousands of dollars making them. Only to have them make further demands, attempt to renegotiate, or simply fail to send us signed paperwork. So poof! They're off the roster and we just burned that money. I can tell you how much Mike looooooves that.

- Some guys just have unrealistic demands.

Now, I know you probably don't care about this. The game doesn't have some of the guys you want, end of story. But like I've been saying for years, its not like boxing is chock-full of stand-up guys accustomed to a strict code of business ethics - nor is it populated by an abundance of athletes with a realistic perception of their brand value and/or mainstream appeal.

NOTE: Some guys are absolutely great. Very professional and very helpful.

All I'm saying is, we try our best and we didn't make the business of professional boxing an absolute clusterf**.

Bro doesn't work here anymore.
FIGHT NIGHT  > Fight Night Champion XBOX 360 & PS3 Discussion
Go to: