[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Making unsupported USB controllers work (a working workaround)  XML
Need for Speed World  > Bug Report Forum

i get a great proble i dont find my logitech racing steering USb in the registry i tried all related items to get `Logitech wingman`.can EA help us with our controllers

battlefield.OneMoar wrote:dont work with my HACKED firstgen Xbox controller =

It will work with original xbox controller you just have change all instances of
XBCD Xbox Controller S

to

Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)

in the registry and also use the XBCD Setup Utility to emulate xbox 360 then you will want to change the triggers to Z+ for break and Z- for gas you can do this inside the setup utility for XBCD all the rest buttons will be mapped by nfsw no need for xpadder or anything to map them.

Hi All,

Why is this titled fixed? Maybe "Possible Workaround" would be more appropriate. I was able to get a Thrustmaster F1 Wireless USB controller-Optical thumbwheel to partially work using "Logitech MOMO Racing USB" strangely enough. I'll try some others.

Win7 64

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/03/2010 17:53:54

Good Tip!
Got my Trustmaster force feedback wheel to work with OEMname change and a little help of JoyToKey

This solutions doesn't work for Logitech Driving Force GT. I changed OEMname in registry but in control panel / game controllers i still have name logitech driving force gt usb. What i have to do? I have windows vista 32bit

nfsw-live.HUBIPL wrote:This solutions doesn't work for Logitech Driving Force GT. I changed OEMname in registry but in control panel / game controllers i still have name logitech driving force gt usb. What i have to do? I have windows vista 32bit

I have Windows Vista 64 With a Logitech DFGT as well and Id like to know the answer to this too.

Does anyine have a Logitech Profiler workaround for this??? Spacifically for the DFGT???? I would prefer not to fark with the registry.

I am on a PC. Running Windows7 Ultimate X64 Sp1
Owner of a 1st Generation Xbox and a 360
My Racing Wheel is a Logitech Driving Force GT.
My Flight Stick is a Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner.
My GamePad is a Thrustmaster Firestorm dualtrigger.
Nuff Said

Logitech profiler works good with NFSW. You can make keystrokes for buttons and they work properly. Problem is that the game do not detect acc, brake and steering axis. So we cant play this game on DFGT? We are waiting for help from EA.

nfsw-live.HUBIPL wrote:Logitech profiler works good with NFSW. You can make keystrokes for buttons and they work properly. Problem is that the game do not detect acc, brake and steering axis. So we cant play this game on DFGT? We are waiting for help from EA.

Since Im not very familiar With the Logitech Profiler software I guess its a bust. I was just curious if it was possable to map a key to an axis and then export the profile into a txt file like those downloadable from the wingman website. I know that the Old Thrustmapper software for XP allowed for this for thrustmaster products. Worked great for my Firestorm pad and my Afterburner flight stick. It was also a lot easier to work with too. too bad Thrustmapper does not work with vista or I might have bought a Thrustmaster wheel insted of the Logitech Driging Force GT.

As for the registery stuff with vista 64, I found no less than 30 registry enteries that would need to be changed in order for NFSW to see my DFGT as a different wheel. Which is why I do not want to mess with the registry. I do not want to risk Royally farking it up.

Knowing that many other unsupported controllers 'Worked' in the 'BETA' version of this game, I am wondering if it was intentionally removed to level the playing field so those with controllers do not have an unfair advantage over those that do not have a controller. I know that my Wheel works for just about every Racing title that I have except for Juiced. However that is a windows problem and not a problem with the game itself. NFSW is the only NFS title that does not recognize my wheel which leads me to believe that controller support was intentionally removed from the game. Does anybody else have any thoughts on this??

I am on a PC. Running Windows7 Ultimate X64 Sp1
Owner of a 1st Generation Xbox and a 360
My Racing Wheel is a Logitech Driving Force GT.
My Flight Stick is a Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner.
My GamePad is a Thrustmaster Firestorm dualtrigger.
Nuff Said

I have Genius Speed Wheel RV - FF/Wheel. Do you know how to make it useable for NFSW?

[Avatar]

nfs_web.Cammikaze wrote:wel i have a wingman rumblepad (logitech) and OS is W7. My joypad works automaticly under all NFS games except this 1 ??

If you have one of the controllers I listed above (page 3) in red, it should work. In Windows Game Controllers, what is the exact name shown for your controller? This can be fixed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/11/2010 10:09:43

Game PC: AMD 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N32-SLI Delux Wireless Ed., Corsair HX620 Modular PS, Win XP SP2b, DX9.c, EvGA 275GTX Superclocked /1792mb, Creative X-fi Pro, Corsair DDR2 2048mb dual channel, WD 150 Velociraptor, Asus PG221

Hi
I se there is loads of nifty surgetions about how to get the controller work, but why in hell should we as customer have to go in to registery change stuff, get our controller work?
I buyed this game today and if i known this i havent care spend 7 Dollars at this *. If EA is sponsored by the developers makes the controllers they better say so.
I never drive my RL car with at keyboard or a pad, i wanna use my wheel as normal driving without have to mess in my registry make it work.
I know they can fix this, since my wheel works at NFS Underground 2, but not at World.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/14/2010 06:44:03

some friends and me will walk in the nfsw office and sh*t on the dev's tables if the racing wheels dont work after the next update!

who's with us?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/14/2010 17:00:28

Any progress in making Logitech DFGT work with NFS World? FIX IT EA. DFGT is a main prize in Oktoberfest contest !

nfsw-live.HUBIPL wrote:Any progress in making Logitech DFGT work with NFS World? FIX IT EA. DFGT is a main prize in Oktoberfest contest !

LOL omg that is classic! Not only do they open the contest to any and all cheaters, they give away a NON-supported device as TOP prize? too much man, too much.

It just makes no sense. NFS: Shift works great with either my DFGT or Fanatec. HOW does EA release this with no wheel options? Just another typical EA product. I've yet to play the game since I won't play it by keyboard.
I've GOT TO REMEMBER, don't pre-order EA games, wait till they are released and read the reviews and forums.
Come on EA get your crap together. I see you have and add for NFS: Hot Pursuit at the bottom of the page. You think I'm going to be ordering that? I don't think so. I guess I'll wait for TDU2.

Mariam1989 probably has the best idea, they'd notice that!

Just another unhappy EA customer,
Rysetter

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/19/2010 08:52:20

Need for Speed World  > Bug Report Forum
Go to: