Have you accidentally spent BOOST?
Yes 73% [ 113 ]
No 21% [ 32 ]
I play for free, so I never had boost 6% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 155

[Avatar]

McCrea wrote:
Cmackenzie wrote:
EA_Ryujin wrote:I shall be sure to pass this along...

He shall be sure. You heard that guys?
If this fix isn't implemented on the next patch. I am sure that he never did so

At least do what you promised, sir.

No offense made.

Cmackenzie

You realize that promise was made on 08/18/2010 --- 20 months ago?

No wonder it isn't implemented. Guess the "Admin" did his job to "pass" along a suggestion.
Guess what Marc said:

"Ahh...meh. It's a money waster. We need money from misclicks."
-Marc De Troller

Cmackenzie

DO DA POLKASTROLE!!!

Cmackenzie

Hope this problem be fixed, I have lost 250SB while repairing my car with a misclick and press "insurance" , a simple dialog "Accept Or Decline " when using real money is not a big deal

[Avatar]

I purchased a slot from my hard earned boost......By mistakingly clickking it once

[Avatar]

I'm not a lawyer but I know that said dialogs/ confirmation steps are mandatory for other forms of online shopping. Like regular e-commerce websites.

Basically, I think one could argue that buying boost (which is a form of e-wallet type credit, like Amazon coupons) and consequently items in-game is a form of online shopping. So using boost to attain items seems to me to constitute a legal transaction. Since this occurs online, you should be protected from the fact that you haven't had a chance to inspect the product before making your financial decision. Hence, EA shouldn't be legally allowed to deny you a refund if you demand so in a timely fashion.

It's like this. If I buy something in a store that is priced $9.99, and I put down a $20 note and absentmindedly forget that I am entitled to change, that doesn't mean the vendor has the right to keep the remaining $10. Also, if I setup a webshop and I trick people into buying stuff by using one-click purchasing buttons, I'd be in serious violation. Consumer protection means that this sort of 'dog-eat-dog' practices shouldn't be allowed. The argument that an on-hover effect supplies adequate information (an argument found earlier in this thread) is not going to hold. In fact, consumer protection even entails that you are allowed to be human and make a series of mistakes and digital confirmations and still be entitled to get your money back for unintended purchases.

But then, like I said, I'm not a lawyer. Common sense though, would motivate to advise everyone who accidentally spend boost to email EA and ask for a refund. Their motivation for denying you a refund would then provide a further basis for future actions on your part. Credit card companies often offer insurance against fraude, so forwarding EA's reply to them could offer a solution or additional insight as to where you legally stand. That is off course, if you want to dedicate some of your time on the issue.

** addition

By mentioning fraud protection I don't mean to imply that EA is purposefully trying to defraud players. They might be unaware of the fact that legally the subject of this thread does constitute a violation (if that's the case at all) because there has never been a complaint about this that has actually reached their legal department.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/01/2012 12:40:46

[Avatar]

Well said.

Alf_81 wrote:By mentioning fraud protection I don't mean to imply that EA is purposefully trying to defraud players. They might be unaware of the fact that legally the subject of this thread does constitute a violation (if that's the case at all) because there has never been a complaint about this that has actually reached their legal department.

Here you sound as I said in my opening, "I'll assume good faith".

However, approaching two years later, I now believe these transgressions in general are not oversights and are at least partially intentional. I no longer assume good faith. I assume malicious intent by EA.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/01/2012 23:25:00

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

I've bought a rep amp once by accident, nothing bigger.

Jussi

[WWW]

[Avatar]

[quote=FREEPLAYER666]I purchased a slot from my hard earned boost......By mistakingly clickking it once[/quote]

Same here, bought a slot accidentally

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/14/2012 04:22:25

[Avatar]

i purchased an useless cash amplifier... 500 from my free sb

Purchased a rep boost by mistake, seems is not going to be refunded / compensated. What can we do?

[Avatar]

not with boost, once accidently for:

Wheels (IGC)
Bodykit (IGC)
Misery Pack (IGC)

[Avatar]

JAMIEA wrote:not with boost, once accidently for:

Wheels (IGC)
Bodykit (IGC)
Misery Pack (IGC)

Sorry for your lost, but this thread is about "Spending boost with a single misclick" The grounds for this discussion is that boost has a strong correlation to real currency. I fear IGC does not.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/14/2012 12:37:05

-- Thanks for noticing me.

Accidentally spending SpeedBOOST ?
Your stories here!

[Avatar]

It happened again! This time I clicked on money amplifier, after several hours of racing for gelauch challenge (I was almost drooling, LOL).

[Avatar]

LUFELINO wrote:It happened again! This time I clicked on money amplifier, after several hours of racing for gelauch challenge (I was almost drooling, LOL).

Right? LOL I think the only people who never misclicked haven't played for over 40 hours before.

-- Thanks for noticing me.

Accidentally spending SpeedBOOST ?
Your stories here!

[Avatar]

warning, opinionated reply below, no facts to support it though

I have not been playing very long but from everything I seen and read so far about EA, I am about 99% sure the subject of this thread is correct and EA hopes that people mis-click and spend their boost on items they did not want to, a simple confo box would fix this issue and there isn't one, why?

I enjoy need for speed, its a great way to waste time and get your mind off the real world, if only for a little while, after all thats the whole point of games.

Doubt I will ever spend a dime on this game again though and I have no respect for EA what so ever and frankly I hope the company someday falls flat on their face, simply because they seem to have no concerns with ripping people off and I wouldn't be surprised if they themselves create in-game glitches to further rip off the people that put bread on their tables.

More and more laws are changing to protect us from the negatives when buying virtual items, and its about time.

"your signature is too stupid, therefore we have blocked it from showing"

[Avatar]

when the durability idea came out there was a big hype on people mispending on insurance.

i screwed up too

misclick : powerup recharge in powerup console

notes : bought 15 nos unwillingly because there was no confirmation my 100 boost went in vain. i had over a 'k' of them

i wish ea gets us some shiny confirmation box
Need for Speed World  > Bug Report Forum
Go to: