[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
BMX option added to skate 3 or stand alone BMX game?  XML
Skate  > Daily Grind

cem_ea_id.seamonkeygfx wrote:
ps3.poonjahveh wrote:This stuff is just so funny. Guys getting all serious and upset about where guys post things, if its realistic or fake, or anybody wanna join my not real skate team and watch how smooth I can make my computer guy land a big air or grind a rail and kick flip out of it without a pop. Its a VIDEO GAME. Just have fun ,why get all serious. In video games you are suppose to do things not possible in real life. So when guys make such a big deal about fake life, look what I can do in this game and what people shouldn't be doing in THIS GAME. It makes me wanna make a VIDEO GAME(fake life) so I can at least break even,watch guys fight over it, then not answer any posts and laugh every time somebody gets booted cause I lowered the point cap on my hall of meat knock off called hall of crashes(very original) . Show your support buy skate 3 coming DEC 21 2012. Right before the world ends. ha ha oh and Aloha from Hawaii.

HANDS DOWN, COOLEST KID EVER.

YEAH, ME TOO. WHAT THIS GUY SAID.

[Avatar]

cem_ea_id.DOUMSLO wrote:DEMZILLA. Do you work for EA and Blackbox, did you make SKATE? Did they tell you the reason they didn't
add all those different types of boards because they would have to change the physics so that people at home could be happy.
I don't think people are so critical. Common it sounds like bunch of guys have nothing else to concern themselves with except its not real enough. Its a GAME, play it or don't play it. Who cares Just make it fun. Gimme a guy on a bike, Jaime bestwick, or Bozo the clown let be able to do flips, barspins, grinds, soopamans, let him land stuff and crash stuff. Modify the "Flick it" or invent a new one
called the "Trick it". Who cares just make it fun and make it just like SKATE 1 and Skate 2. I hope they make this game just so guys who are saying they are not going to make it because of this or that shut up.

no he doesn't but id be willing to bet that he has a better grasp on this game and what would be possible/impossible than you do. He's right, though. they're not going to ADD bmx to the skate series. The whole point of the skate series that made it so sucessful was that it focused on skating without all the added garbage that tony hawk had. And i doubt the same team would be making it... the team that works on skate are skateboarders... wouldn't really have much knowledge to make an equivalent BMX game.

Am i saying EA won't ever make one? No. Am i saying there's probably not going to be a bmx add-on to skate 3? I damn sure hope so.

cem_ea_id.ImNotColic wrote:I like to think of those asterisks (*) as tear drops on your keyboard

[Avatar]

i was simply trying to state that a bike game would be alot more work than a skateboarding game....
with physics being my argument...

as for board types on skate...
if it was as easy as just swapping the shape put..

i think theyd be in by now...

my assumption...

[WWW]

[Avatar]

different board shapes arnt in because of the physics old school boards long boards etc would have to have a new set of physics simply because of both size/shape but also because you control the board and not the character in skate. also a bike game would be harder to build because your dealing with different weight proportions, movements, and functionality. a bike isnt as easy to move around as a skateboard and that plays into how the game would work. and yes i have talked to the people who make the game about it same as demz

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/14/2009 14:35:56

[Avatar]

"and yes i have talked to the people who make the game about it same as demz"

oh clay....

for the record....
i would love a bike game...

if youve ever steped over at fluckit youd see my avatar...
thats my bike...

[WWW]

[quote=xbox.DEMZILLA]why dos this always get brought up...
a trick bicycle game requires alot more resources and work than a skateboarding game..
because..
there more than one "type" of ike that can perform tricks....

same reason we dont have oldschool boards in skate...

physics issues...

see..
theres more than one type of bycicle that can perform tricks...
each with there own geometry....
style..
physics...

a standard bmx..
a trials style trick bmx bike...
and the increasingly popular road bike fixed gear trick bike...

all with very defined physics...
each with there own limitations of tricks and stability....

you ever see a fix gear get 12 feet of air out a qp...
you ever see a trials bike grind on the chain ring...

bikes perform differently...

it would be a pain to create there each own physics....
let alone controles that would limit each other depending on what bike you used...

its just....
too much work...

hense...

the reason why we dont have skinny oldscool board, longboards, single tails, and no tails....

this is the 4th time ive typed this....
[/quote]

What are you talking about? A trick bicycle game?
We are talking about bmx's not about every bikes that can be used to do tricks.

If you think about it like that, how can there be a skate game, since there is so many other boards to do tricks on than just the basic skateboard?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/05/2009 02:50:46

Why would you put BMX in a skateboarding game?

Lock this * thread up

AKA SatanMaggots

Theres a group on Facebook wanting to ask EA at 100,000 people.

The group is for EA creating a BMX based game.

I, for one, even though my primary interest is skating, would like to see a BMX game.

I explained that 100,000 people buying a game at say, £35 comes to, what £3,500,000.

That should be enough to break even. But I mean, some games like GTA took LOTS more than that to invest into starting development.

I do not know the budget on skate. so I cannot say for sure, but they alrady have the basis of the flickit technology down, a [lot] of tweaking and level design could easilly pull off a hell of a good biking game.

But again, it's EA's choice in if they see an interest in the market, if they invest say, £4m into the development, they are not 100% guaranteed to get it back, and as a serious publisher, they won't take up offers unless they are convinced they will gain a certain profit.

However, Blackbox are an first party development company, yes? So the funding should be much less already having a studio with everything they need

We'll see!

[Avatar]

xbox.Atomic Adio 2 wrote:Theres a group on Facebook wanting to ask EA at 100,000 people.

The group is for EA creating a BMX based game.

I, for one, even though my primary interest is skating, would like to see a BMX game.

I explained that 100,000 people buying a game at say, £35 comes to, what £3,500,000.

That should be enough to break even. But I mean, some games like GTA took LOTS more than that to invest into starting development.

I do not know the budget on skate. so I cannot say for sure, but they alrady have the basis of the flickit technology down, a [lot] of tweaking and level design could easilly pull off a hell of a good biking game.

But again, it's EA's choice in if they see an interest in the market, if they invest say, £4m into the development, they are not 100% guaranteed to get it back, and as a serious publisher, they won't take up offers unless they are convinced they will gain a certain profit.

However, Blackbox are an first party development company, yes? So the funding should be much less already having a studio with everything they need

We'll see!

while the idea maybe popular look at the numbers for that group 100,000 is considerably small in comparison to tot he 700, 00 people or so who bought skate 2. a bmx is just to risky to put money in especially since all before it have failed commercially, no one is going to want to put resources into such a risky project . also just because they have flick it doesnt mean its as simple and changing a skateboard into a bike, they would have to spend time formatting a base that will adjust to all of the weight differences that a bike has. then they have to factor performance aspects to each part because unlike skating many of the equipment used does have true scientific stats as suppose to how in skating a persons preference is what factors the purchase.

and heres another thing with so many people always complaining about how skate 2 suckked and its un realistic and yadayadyada why would you trust them to make a game for a sport they have no real connections to

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/09/2009 11:29:05

[Avatar]

This one's for Satan.

stand alone bmx game 4 sure it will sale i know it.

you know everyone keeps talking about the phisics of the game and i think to myself "its a video game not math" you can make anything possible with a video game and bmx is bigger now then it has ever been so the money is there and not to mention how many skaters would buy and play it to pass the time. i skate and bike and seriously i would probably by 4 copies if EA came out with a bmx game. how sick would it be to do a nose down 3 like Chase Hawk or a big 180 like Dakota Rosche. If EA can put money in a boxing game or an MMA game they have the money to put into a bmx game. They should just have a game that has all the action sports Surfing, Skating, biking and Snow boarding with a real free world enviroment. Imagine you can surf North side of the pier in Huntington beach and then after grab your bike or skateboard and bike or skate down town. Ea has the control programming from skate and skate 2, i dont really see the difficulty and they wouldnt have to pay the bikers $20,000 each to put their names in the game like they did with skate and skate 2.

[Avatar]

ps3.prdliquid wrote:you know everyone keeps talking about the phisics of the game and i think to myself "its a video game not math" you can make anything possible with a video game and bmx is bigger now then it has ever been so the money is there and not to mention how many skaters would buy and play it to pass the time. i skate and bike and seriously i would probably by 4 copies if EA came out with a bmx game. how sick would it be to do a nose down 3 like Chase Hawk or a big 180 like Dakota Rosche. If EA can put money in a boxing game or an MMA game they have the money to put into a bmx game. They should just have a game that has all the action sports Surfing, Skating, biking and Snow boarding with a real free world enviroment. Imagine you can surf North side of the pier in Huntington beach and then after grab your bike or skateboard and bike or skate down town. Ea has the control programming from skate and skate 2, i dont really see the difficulty and they wouldnt have to pay the bikers $20,000 each to put their names in the game like they did with skate and skate 2.

It is math douche.

This is the dumbest post I've seen on here.

This one's for Satan.

[Avatar]

xbox.milorox wrote:
ps3.prdliquid wrote:you know everyone keeps talking about the phisics of the game and i think to myself "its a video game not math" you can make anything possible with a video game and bmx is bigger now then it has ever been so the money is there and not to mention how many skaters would buy and play it to pass the time. i skate and bike and seriously i would probably by 4 copies if EA came out with a bmx game. how sick would it be to do a nose down 3 like Chase Hawk or a big 180 like Dakota Rosche. If EA can put money in a boxing game or an MMA game they have the money to put into a bmx game. They should just have a game that has all the action sports Surfing, Skating, biking and Snow boarding with a real free world enviroment. Imagine you can surf North side of the pier in Huntington beach and then after grab your bike or skateboard and bike or skate down town. Ea has the control programming from skate and skate 2, i dont really see the difficulty and they wouldnt have to pay the bikers $20,000 each to put their names in the game like they did with skate and skate 2.

It is math douche.

This is the dumbest post I've seen on here.

agreed. you honestly think it doesn't take math to develop a video game?

you people need to realize what everyone keeps saying is true.
1. THIS IS A SKATEBOARDING GAME. why on earth would you discuss this here? they are not going to take a perfectly good skate game and turn it into some tony hawk x games * that will eventually kill the game.
2. you cant just switch out a skateboard for a * bike. they would have to completely redesign the physics engine.

there's my rant. this just pisses me off when people don't read. i, and im sure most others, would love to see a realistic biking game out there, but absolutely not an add on for skate.3 or dlc for skate.2

nollie flips are fun.
Skate  > Daily Grind
Go to: