[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
freeze caused by geotag pickup  XML
SSX  > SSX Feedback and Wishlists

canadiangamer666 wrote:I refuse to buy any DLC or anything from EA until this geotag freeze is fixed. Guess your not getting my money for nhl 12 or any need for speed games. I really do like the need for speed series too. I will only play your games if they are free on ps plus.

Please fix this.

OMG i remember when need for speed undercover PS3 would freeze caused by level detail not loading fast enough (Especially faster cars) it would stop for second then go agian eventually just freezing altogether so i got it for PC same thing but got a better pc later and it was a little better but wow that was frustrating why they released that game is beyond me

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 04/19/2012 21:59:43

[quote=canadiangamer666]I refuse to buy any DLC or anything from EA until this geotag freeze is fixed. Guess your not getting my money for nhl 12 or any need for speed games. I really do like the need for speed series too. I will only play your games if they are free on ps plus.

Please fix this.[/quote]

Same thing here. The EA team comes up with DLC but they have no clue how to fix the issue and not even the decency of letting us know what's up.

friponeuro and others i found out why my quotes were not working its (Disable BB Code in this message) it needs to be unchecked just found this out i should have seen that, D'OH

i am going to start foaming at the mouth if DLC comes out with out any patch seriously it will give me a reason to not bother with DLC

While it would suck to not get a patch before the DLC. The DLC was obviously planned before the game came out. The GEO TAG issue is now becoming a bigger issue than before. I assume they are very aware of the impact it could have on sale's. It's not madden or battlefield. I find it to be a way better game but my opinion does not matter in this call of duty world.

[quote=Rabid_Shark][b]friponeuro and others[/b] i found out why my quotes were not working its (Disable BB Code in this message) it needs to be unchecked just found this out i should have seen that, D'OH

i am going to start foaming at the mouth if DLC comes out with out any patch seriously it will give me a reason to not bother with DLC[/quote]

Hey Rabid_Shark,
Thanks for the tip. I'm actually already foaming because of all these noobs putting geotags in the middle of the path or right at the beginning of the race, where you can do nothing to dodge them.
THIS IS GETTING SO IRRITATING!

[quote=friponeuro][quote=Rabid_Shark][b]friponeuro and others[/b] i found out why my quotes were not working its (Disable BB Code in this message) it needs to be unchecked just found this out i should have seen that, D'OH

i am going to start foaming at the mouth if DLC comes out with out any patch seriously it will give me a reason to not bother with DLC[/quote]

Hey Rabid_Shark,
Thanks for the tip. I'm actually already foaming because of all these noobs putting geotags in the middle of the path or right at the beginning of the race, where you can do nothing to dodge them.
THIS IS GETTING SO IRRITATING![/quote]

I dropped out of the chopper the other day on to a geo tag. I did not even get to land. I was so mad.

Why hasn't this been fixed yet? Game is unplayable. Doing the perfect run and BAM ...freeze.
Remove this crap until it works.
Come on.

Can we get some info on the progress of this issue?

i am honestly shocked by the number of glitches n issues people have run into in this game and yet i have not encountered a single one....yet. not saying i don't believe any of you or that they don't exist and i sympathise with you all greatly...i just hope EA sends out some sort of patch or somin to deal with them.

well i dont know how far you are into it @ SSXRULEZ??? The Geotag freezing appears to start happening once you get most of your characters leveled up all the way. Im still very disappointed in this, and really hope i can someday play again. Plus I dont know how they expect to sell any DLC if no one can play

fishsticks4u wrote:well i dont know how far you are into it @ SSXRULEZ??? The Geotag freezing appears to start happening once you get most of your characters leveled up all the way. Im still very disappointed in this, and really hope i can someday play again. Plus I dont know how they expect to sell any DLC if no one can play

all my characters are level 10, all have level 10 gear, all have level 10 trick and speed board, got eddie and travis and mt fuji, beaten the story....gotten a t least a bronze on every event...(not boasting here btw just being informative) i
really couldn't care about buying level 11 imo, waste of money if u ask me if u still have to level up to 11 after wasting that much money....anyway i sympathise but the closest thing that has come to a glitch with me is when i go into the rocks on survival and get stuck there.

if your online playing against other people it could be lag because so many people are playing this game WAY TOO MUCH, i play this game for like an hour or 2 at the most and only play it....every other day., i'm a casual gamer not a nutter (no offence)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/25/2012 06:41:57

Well, I am a nutter then... But even for casual gamers you will eventually get the problems, that is if you still play the game in the future.
I found some info and it appears that the freezing is caused by collecting about 500-1000 geotags then. This means a kind of bonus part of the game is gone, geotag hunting which is a great way to learn the tracks as well..
Started a new game, now trying to avoid geotags which I now consider litter on the tracks.

sodan2011 wrote:Well, I am a nutter then... But even for casual gamers you will eventually get the problems, that is if you still play the game in the future.
I found some info and it appears that the freezing is caused by collecting about 500-1000 geotags then. This means a kind of bonus part of the game is gone, geotag hunting which is a great way to learn the tracks as well..
Started a new game, now trying to avoid geotags which I now consider litter on the tracks.

collecting them as in holding them in in your inventory....because if that is the case then who the HELL holds geotags that long, i drop geotags not long after getting them, i think the most geotags i have ever held in my inventory is 7...

if u mean in total though...hmmm why would that matter, it isn't like they are clogging up space anywhere, if you don't hold them then they aren't taking up space then should cause some sort of glitch.

in fact on the topic of geotags if anything my game seems to be suffering from a glitch of never receiving any geotags recently...i collect them from the track, i try and do events in the story mode but nothing i do will get me them...the only way i can get them is to buy them (which is a waste of money which i need for other things like boards)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/25/2012 14:24:35

holding geotags is not doing it i always sell or place them ever since i got the game i sell or place em i even tried selling everything i had in a test to see if it did anything i wounder how many of us are ps3? and how many of us are xbox?......me ps3

geotag hunting seems to be the main corporate not so much the higher levels that's just cause and effect

Im on ps3 but think it is happening on xbox aswell. Its been a month now, thought 4 sure they realized how big of a problem this is as it will eventually effect everyone who continues 2 play the game but it doesnt seem like they care. Its pretty clear 2 me now why EA was voted the worst company in america. Still hoping 4 a patch but im not holding my breath anymore.
SSX  > SSX Feedback and Wishlists
Go to: