[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Battlefield 3 download keeps restarting  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

EA Representative
[Avatar]

hello JumBie,

Thanks for your feedback.
I believe it is in the process.
If we get any other info, we will update the thread.
Thank you for your time.

EA_OriginSupport
Please visit help.origin.com for solutions to common Origin issues.
[WWW]

I had the same error, I solved it by removing the previous "Battlefield 3" folder I had in my installation folder.

im having the same problem error: 262145:5 while trying to download NFS shift 2 unleashed !!!

any fix for this ??

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi jackbauer2030,

Thanks for your post.

Have you updated Origin to the latest 9.0.12 version? And add origin into your windows firewall and anti-virus software's white list.

Regards,

EA_OriginSupport
Please visit help.origin.com for solutions to common Origin issues.
[WWW]

thanks for respond EA_OriginSupport

ok heres what happened and how i solved the problem

1 : i move my origins game folder to a different hard drive, proceeded to format disk C re-install win7 and all that.

2 : i re-installed origin and move the game folder from the back up disk to new origin game folder

3 : battlefield 3 has a handy tool called :REPAIR INSTALLATION" like steam has for this kind of situation! and it worked fine; with crysis 2 it had to download some more files but it was ok.

4 : now NFS shift 2 got stuck at 97% and it wouldn't go farther than that and i started to delete some random files to see where the problem was and then i resume the download and i notice it downloaded a new file called "shift2u.exe_DiP_STAGED_stream" then it gave me the error.

5: so i thought maybe origin cant write anymore files in the folders since they came from a different* computer "old win7 installation" so i select the SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED and unchecked the "read only folder" option and BOOM the download process continue working properly

i hope this helps you anyone else with the same problem and helps origin improve !

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 09/20/2012 00:40:48

Gent's I had this same issue with Battlefield 3 limited edition and finally fixed it!!! I tried everything recommended from EA/Origin from ports to msconfig to fire wall etc etc. I finally found the problem. F.Y.I. I'm running win 7 home edition 64 that was preinstalled when I bought the system from dell. (AMD 1090T 8gig ram) ok I closed origin navigated to the battlefield 3 folder and deleted, then I rebooted and ran origin in compatibility as a VISTA SRV PACK 2 then started download and it completed and synced without issues!!!!! Everyother compatibilty that I would select failed. Good luck all I hope this sheds some light on this issue.

jackbauer2030 and jvarrati, thanks u got it! My NFS Shift 2 Unleashed finished downloading finally. The only sh*t I have now is how log in when I start Crysis 1 because it tells me it cannot connect with servers, try later... that way I week along... If anybody can helps. And I created pogo account, I have 3 old entities from EA classics therefore, I reinstalled 4 times Orgin and Crysis and... sh*t for me.
Thanks guys
Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: