[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
"error during startup. please see the log for more details" message  XML
Answers HQ - Questions & Comments  > EA Forums General Discussion

i have the sims 3 collector's edition dvd, i downloaded the game and the latest patches without any problems, and i've been playing for a few weeks. but yesterday i had to uninstall and reinstall the game. but this time when i downloaded the patches, i can't open the game. i open the launcher and i get this message "there was an error during startup. please see the log for more details" and the launcher doesn't close.

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.. but mine occurred after I downloaded the latest patch. Never had problems with the patches before!

that happend when i downloded sims 3 ambitions today. does anyone know how to fix it?

I found the solution...
Had to uninstall and reinstall all of them... annoying, but it worked!

I've uninstalled and reinstalled all my sims 3 games 5times... I've deleted my custom content too seein as that worked for some people on other forums... The sims 3 installs and plays fine, as does design and hi tech stuff... Ambitions installs fine but I can't get past this "There was an error during start up" message to play the game!

I had the problem when installing a new patch. Didn't get Ambitions yet so I can't confirm for that situation.

Same with me today, i was all happy because i got the ambitions. I installed it and i had the error during start up please see log for more details message. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything but its still not working !

I've had the same issue, Sims 3 worked fine when it was just Sims 3 and Design & Hi-Tech stuff. Since installing Ambitions I've had nothing but problems. The EA Support don't seem to know what the problem is either. Under thier instruction I uninstalled everything, reinstalled everything, but it didn't work, uninstalled the EADM and reinstalled it, but that didn't work either. Now all I get is the error message, a crash to the desktop and no game at all - not even Sims 3 base game.

Has anyone else got the Game Patch as 0.0.0.0?

same problem here, took out my mods and still nothing is happening, im sooo sad

I had the same exact problem today after trying to download Ambitions. But I got everything to work. This is exacty what I did:

I uninstalled everything (base game, then ambitions, )... and reinstalled the base game and updated the patch to the 1.6 version.
I then downloaded Ambitions, and downloaded the EADM from here: http://na.akamai.cdn.ea.com/eamaster/u/f/eaonline/eadm/eadm-installer.exe

After that, I tried the launcher again, and voila!

Good Luck!

Thanks Malibu_Mya! Your way worked for me too

Forum Admin
[Avatar]

Hi,

For those receiving an EADM error message stating "The application failed to initialize properly. Please ensure you are not attempting to run multiple Windows accounts," you can check out the following user derived solution:

From StormOokami:

The download manager has a settings option (right-click on it in the System Tray) which allows you to change the location of the downloads. By default it was set to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EADM\cache\ which didn't exist on my machine. I created D:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EADM\cache\ and changed the setting to point to this.

Once you have adjusted the download location for EADM, quit EADM and launch it again.

-Big Guy-

Visit us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/EA-Customer-Support/48228353146

Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/AskEASupport
[WWW]

hey peoples! i found a SOLUTION

i have base, WA, and ambitions and got the same problem about "an error blah blah check log" on the launcher, i didnt want to reinstall anything and lose saves, CC so i did this and it worked:

instead of clicking on the "ambitions" launcher, try the original "sims 3" launcher.

it worked for me
it ran ambitions and i still had all my saves and CC, hope it helps you guys

Thank you! Worked perfectly! I just hope it wont do it again... lol

I tried using the sims 3 startup menu, and it opened but it's saying it wants to update the game. I'm scared that if I do it wont work ;-; Should I ignore it or update?
Answers HQ - Questions & Comments  > EA Forums General Discussion
Go to: