[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Video: A Quick Look at Gameplay Hagler vs Hearns  XML
FIGHT NIGHT  > Fight Night Champion Dev Team News, Announcements, and Events

Community Manager

Producer Jazz Brousseau spent some time creating a few clips in the following video to illustrate some of the new Gameplay aspects you can expect to see in Fight Night Champion. Here he gives you the rundown of how his bout went down.

From JazzBro:

Things are crazy here right now, so I’m just going to cut to the chase. I jumped into one of our game capture studios this week to try and grab some gameplay clips you guys have been asking for since we put out all our videos.

In the fight you are seeing here, I am fighting Hearns (CPU) as Hagler in a 12-round fight on GOAT difficulty with the presentation style set to Simulation and commentary audio off.

As you can see, my play style is pretty conservative, especially in the early rounds. Even though Hagler has a great chin, I don’t like exchanging punches and prefer to lead with my jab so I can open up my opponent for power hooks. Very rarely do I throw more than 3-4 punches in a row and, when I do, it’s either because I’m trying to steal the round or because I think Hearns is hurting.

I try to keep to this strategy even when my opponent is stunned - there is nothing worse than going to town on someone just to have them come out of the stun state and force me to retreat. Other than my jabs and straights, I also don’t throw finesse punches that often. I know Hagler has a lot of power, so if I’m throwing lunging hooks and uppercuts, there’s a good chance they’re power punches.

You may notice that, after Hearns caught me with a minor stun, I moved to the middle of the ring. I wanted to hit him with some lunging power punches. The first hook didn’t quite connect, so I stepped back and tried again. Game over.

Let me know what you see that’s different in Fight Night Champion versus Round 4 below.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 07/29/2011 16:23:16

http://help.ea.com

[WWW]

[Avatar]

FIRST!!!!!! this game looks like the best boxing game ever. wow.......i see actual boxing for once and not spamming.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/14/2011 16:04:13

[Avatar]

That looks great, can't wait to try it out.

Arturo Gatti (2009)
Trevor Berbick (2006)
Alexis Arguello (2009)
Ingemar Johansson (2009)
Vernon Forrest (2009)
Benjamin Flores (2009)

LOOKS GREAT !!!

Developer
[Avatar]

Okay, I thought I was just imagining things, but I'm not-- our game is not that dark. I mean... it is dark, but it's not as dark as any of our clips up on YouTube. I don't get it

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/14/2011 16:04:30

nice vid but I just dont get the slide punches....

Developer
[Avatar]

cem_ea_id.PrettyBoyR9 wrote:nice vid but I just dont get the slide punches....

They are lunging punches. You have to want to do them by pressing forward and punching. They don't happen automagically.

People Complain to much !!!

This game looks great.
They calling this fight night round 4,2 or whatever, I call THIS the best boxing game ever !!!!

So far so good.

Yo jazzBRO, when is the demo coming out bro, can't wait XD !!!!

PS, show us a video with peter manfredo vs sergio mora

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/14/2011 16:12:22

Now that's what IM TALKING ABOUT!!! THANK YOU!!! LOOKS PROPER ... Ex-Vancouver Grizzly.

PSN: Canibuss

Jazz, you're a hero.

You saved the day.

I retract my previous grievances.

[Avatar]

The game looks sweet, the knockdown in the corner was great, and over all the game looks great. Itll be intresting seeing how the styles make the fights in this game, i really wanna see one of the devs playin as cotto and fighting.. anyone really im just tierd of him being beaten up in all the videos! haha

PSN: cilliang

games lookin better ever time it shows cant wait to KO YE ALL

Nice Video. Eventhough I have made a few threads on spamming asking for it to be removed, I do see good things in this video. I want to thank Brizzo for taking the time to make this video. You really restored my hope and excitement that I had for the game initially when I first heard it was coming out. Brizzo also said in another thread that they are going to be monitoring spamming so they can make modifications as it or if it arises so that brings me closer to wanting to buy the game on the release date again. The demo still has the potential of being the deciding factor on whether I'm going to buy the game the first day of release or even at all though for that matter but now I'm hopeful it will meet my expectations. What I see in this video that is different from round 4 is the visuals are better obviously, punches seem quicker, and I like the fact that someone is actually fighting smart and not just brawling in the ring. Great job.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/14/2011 16:36:14

When is the demo coming out !!!!????

I'm H*RNY right now XD

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/14/2011 16:22:44

Developer
[Avatar]

ps3.The_Assassin_777 wrote: Brizzo also said in another thread that they are going to be monitoring spamming so they can make modifications [...]

Yup. We moved some gameplay tuning stuff to the server so we can make adjustments without having to patch.
FIGHT NIGHT  > Fight Night Champion Dev Team News, Announcements, and Events
Go to: