[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Mirror's Edge wont start :(  XML
Answers HQ - Questions & Comments  > EA Forums General Discussion

Hello, I'v searched the forums and have found nothing to do with this problem. When I click the icon to start the game, I don't even get a splash screen. a thing with a blue ea icon appears and tells me this:

The game can not start
The license limit for this product has been reached. Please visit http://support.ea.com to contact EA Support for further assistance.

I'v tried:
updating drivers
reinstalling many times
running in compatibility mode(s).

If this is not the proper place to post this, please let me know where. I'm new to posting on EA forums.

Thanks in advance,
krackenzap

[Avatar]

You're in the right place!
Have you tried redeeming your code through the EA Download Manager? (or is this already through the EADM)
You can download the EADM here: http://www.ea.com/1/download-manager

I bought the game from WAL*MARTback in '09, tried running it yesterday and it wouldn't run. I just tried the eadm redeem cd key and same message came up when I tried to start through the DM.

*update* I just tried uninstalling/reinstalling using ONLY the EADM. I did not use the CD. Problem still persists.

I got live customer support last night, they fixed the problem

I know its been a while but i am having this problem now and really want to play this awesome game again any help would be apreciated!!

I ended up having to get tech. support to help me out. What happened was I reformatted my hard drive, then it died, got a new one and had to reformat one or two times (had ME installed every time as it is my favorite game hehe), having never uninstalled the game beforehand. This caused the EAHQ (dunno what to call 'em ) to think I had multipul installs of the game.

I contacted tech. support and explained what happened and they fixed the problem.

I hope this helps anyone and everyone who reads this post!!!

krackenzap.

Pretty much the same story here I can't de-auth because it is literally the same rig nothing has been changed at all hardware-wise just upgraded from vista to 7 only problem now is how to get tech support when the support page doesn't recognise it as a real game, thanks bud.

So sad...I contacted EA and the person I got was nice, but they don't give the technician the ability to restore your license. You have to escalate the ticket, and frankly after having been through this wringer before, I'm just worn out.

Basically Origin's latest End User agreement tells you that you don't own a copy of the game, only the right to install it a certain number of times, and formatting your hard drive or putting it on another machine add to the count. When the maximum is reached, it doesn't matter if you're a legitimate user logged into Origin and you pulled it down from EA using your account--you cannot use the game until they reset the counter, and the front line for tech support is only there to write it all up and escalate it.

I give. EA, you win. I'll go play something else.
Answers HQ - Questions & Comments  > EA Forums General Discussion
Go to: