[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Legacy mode & slider tips?  XML
FIGHT NIGHT  > Fight Night Champion XBOX 360 & PS3 Discussion

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anybody has some good tips on how to get through legacy mode? I am having issues, i usually train in gyms, earning xp points while sparring, but i am obviously having a hard time spending those xp points correctly. I have won my first 10 fights, No problem at all. The next 2 fights were very problematic. I started noticing how 1 big punch to the body or even the chin started changing things very early on in the fight, i am basically stunned early on in these fights from here on. Does anybody know what i'm doing wrong? I'd love to know which slider settings you people use to make things more realistic. I want a challenge but i don't want to go out every single time because ONE bodypunch actually came through & stuns me round after round, even with very little damage on my meter.

There is another way though & that's happily buying xp packs from EA & simply spending them to make life easy. That's not what i got into legacy mode for. I want to work for my xp, i want to earn it. But i don't want to be jellyfish that gets knocked out all of a sudden without actually understanding how this is possible. Even if i'm the better man, conserving stamina & pounding my opponent with big heavy counter punches & quick jabs, straights & hooks to the head & the body, i feel helpless. It's as if the ai feels stronger then ever. I do dance around with my opponents. I simply can't understand how come in my latest fights, it's being turned around by 1 power punch to the body.

If anybody has some tips, please share them in this thread. I'm thinking that i'm not the only one having "similar" issues. Thanks.

yeah bro.... the best thing i can tell you is... when you first start your legacy its a race to upgrade your chin/heart... now you will probably want to upgrade one shot or something but I would advise against this because as you did my friend you will regret it later... when your trying to avoid any and all punches because you get stunned from a jab lol.
good luck mate.

StopTheMachine wrote:yeah bro.... the best thing i can tell you is... when you first start your legacy its a race to upgrade your chin/heart... now you will probably want to upgrade one shot or something but I would advise against this because as you did my friend you will regret it later... when your trying to avoid any and all punches because you get stunned from a jab lol.
good luck mate.

Yeah man, i hear you. It's something i've started to think about, wishing it were not true. I am consitently trying to get my punch xp stats up without giving the "toughness" a lot of attention, my fighters toughness is 98 though but it's pretty obvious i'll also need to spend an amount of xp points on my chin/heart. I wish there was a strategy guide lying around. It's a good game (with some flaws) but it's interesting to go through & i wouldn't want to give up this early on! Nobody would!

yeah mate the best thing to do is to make sure you spend a lot of xp on chin and heart,i made a mistake of putting all my xp on punches i maxed out my straight right and left hook and was knocking everyone out, untill i fought shane mosley he kod me in 6...i then decided to use some xp on my chin and my next 8 fights or so were easy all kos in the first or second round...i was starting to think it was to easy untill hearns gave me a shot at his title...i was winning till he cut me in the 6th ..he knocked me down in the 7th with a body shot and i ended up lossing a close decision.. so i realised i have to work on my heart because im vunerable to body shots..you have to be balanced otherwise you wiill be exposed againts the better fighters.

does any one agree that every fight you have plays out differently in champion...? i know i lost but i thought it wad awesome the way i hadnt suffered a cut at all in till have way throught the title fight i was winning i had to adapt and ended up losing a close fight...so much more realistic.
FIGHT NIGHT  > Fight Night Champion XBOX 360 & PS3 Discussion
Go to: