[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Redundancy Error  XML
The Sims Medieval  > Questions and Feedback

[Avatar]

I've been trying to install the Sims Medieval game but with no luck. I keep getting a "data error (cyclic redundancy check) error. I've uninstalled ALL other Sims 3 games (as they were corrupted from Night Life) rebooted my system and still nothing. Even the icon for the disk doesn't show properly when I click on "computer". I have all the system requirements to play the game, can anyone shed some light?

Thanks!

I just save a mindless civilian, if he's anything like a wookie, he's mine for life!!!!

I just found this on the Sims3 Forums in the technical section. I hope this helps!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/947.page

[Avatar]

Thanks for the reply, my comp defrags automatically every Wednesday so I'll try it again and see if it will run the disk after. I called customer service and spoke with a rep and got a digital code to fix the CD download issue. Not sure what is causing the problem but EA was very helpful and willing to help get my game up and running so I'm one happy customer!

I just save a mindless civilian, if he's anything like a wookie, he's mine for life!!!!

I'm having the same problem, my system doesn't need refragmenting (I just checked per other forum posters), I've sent EA multiple emails, and it's past time when their hotline is open. I've been looking forward to this game for months, pre-ordered it on Amazon to arrive the day of release, it didn't arrive due to UPS ineptitude, so I went to Target and purchased it there. All to sit here for hours trying to install it only to receive the same "cyclic redundancy error".

It's just heartbreaking, really.

I had this problem also. It was trying to install in the ea folder where my sims 3 was located so I created another randomly named folder and installed it there. It worked with no problems.

I'm currently having this problem and none of the aforementioned solutions are working. I was so looking forward to this game (pre-ordered it) and now I'm bummed and a little angry.

Thanks for the reply! Per your advice, I tried creating a new folder to save the data to. But I keep getting the cyclic redundancy error. The error indicates that it's in the E drive, which is apparently the disc itself?

Please let me know if anyone knows anything else I should try!

I'm downloading the digital version of the game now. Will let y'all know if that solves the cyclic redundancy check error.

I've lost 2 hours dealing with this!

I'm into my third hour here

Thanks, please let me know if it works! Did you end up having to pay again?

I'm into my third hour here

Thanks, please let me know if it works! Did you end up having to pay again?

Does anyone know if this is something that makes the game returnable? I don't want it if I can't play the darn thing. SO FRUSTRATED AND DISAPOINTED. I too am in my 3rd (+) hour trying to fix this.

Ok, so it took forever to DL, but so far the digital version is installing and has gotten much further than the disc ever did. Yay!!

I did not have to pay twice. I DLed the EA Downloader, then registered my game, and it showed up as a DL.

I was having installation problems all day. First it was stuck on the build0 file then did nothing, stoped it and did it again. Nothing. Then even tryed the download manager and nothing there. So after many hours this is how I fixed my problem and got the game installed and now playing it.

Ok I finally got mine to work, I will list how I did it. I'm not saying this will fix others issues but it worked for me and might help. I opened my task manager by right clicking in my start bar. I went to applications and ended the medieval process. Then I opened the tab processes and went down and ended both medieval process. Then I opened my control pannel and went to unistall programs to make sure there was no medieval folder there. Then I went to computer/program files/electronic arts and deleted the folder medieval. Then I installed it through my download manager using my code that came with my disk. Just open your download manager and click add game, put your code in and hit install. It might take some time but should let you. This is what I did and it worked after I did everything all day long. I tryed everything and stumbled on this. Im running windows 7. I hope this helps someone.

Thank You!!! I've been working on this for hoouuurrrsss. This really helped!!

Always glad to help.
The Sims Medieval  > Questions and Feedback
Go to: