[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
My game won't open.  XML
The Sims Medieval  > Questions and Feedback

I try to play the game but I get an error that says 'Unable to Start Game Service Initialization failed (0x065d0274)

I paid 50 bucks for this damn game and I'm ticked >

I have same issue except my code is a little different. My message is "service initialization failed (0x024e424f)"

Any ideas as to what to do?

My game ran fine up until this last update they did, now when i run it i get "Unable to start game; Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)". Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this and how to possibly remedy this situation?

I am having the same error "Service Intialization failed (0x024e424f)" I run windows 7, and started having this problem as of the last patch.

I am also having the same freaking problem. Nothing freaking works. And my uncle is a big time lawyer, I will sue. This is a big waste of time and freaking money. I used to think that having the downloads was so much easier, but now I am pretty much missing the disk kind of games. Atleast you know what you're getting yourself into and who/what to blame for the technical difficulites now. This download thingy majigger sucks. I just downloaded two games today, less than 6 hours ago, and my game still won't play. Nither will the ones I had downloaded a while back. Everytime I click on the game, it loads, and then that STUPID, ANNOYING, ERORR message pops up there. saying something about some stupid run time error has decided to terminate for unusall reasons, please contact the EA Support group....which I am going to add is doing a terrible job at getting to the source of all the these problems. I search on the internet for andswers and answers to see if someone is having a similar issue to mine, and maybe someone has answered them! But all I see on every thing I click on, is alot more frustrated people, and 100's more freaking questions. Which only makes the people, like myself, more and more agitated. Because we paid good money for these so called games, and now all these problems are starting to happen. So now, you are going to see this same long * complaint, on every EA Website, everyday, on every hour of the day, until I see some damn results on these stupid support helpers this website supposedly has. Prove to us asker's that you are not just a freaking figure of our imagination!!!

My game wont open

I have fixed it since I have had this error, or at least bypassed it. I had to uninstall the game not my saved games. I restored my saves to a previous version. Upon Reinstalling, I DID NOT install the NEW patch 1.13 or whatever it is and my game is back to working how it should be, without the game having failure to launch. Hope this help.

I have the same problem... I am using Windows XP and I have Sims 3 Ambitions and Sims 3 both installed but whenever I try to play them it acts like it is starting the game up and then it closes and an error window that says 'Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x065d0274)' pops up and I'm am getting very mad and depressed at this because I spent about 3-4 hours installing it just for it not to work... I am begging for someones help. I have also been searching for solutions for the past 30-60 minutes. )':
The Sims Medieval  > Questions and Feedback
Go to: