[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
getting the blue screen of death  XML
The Sims Medieval  > Questions and Feedback

i would be playing sims medieval then suddenly the game would glitch, giving me a black screen then it would give me the "blue screen of death"(blue screen telling you your computer crashed)...

its done this three times. im greatly disappointed in this. this game should not be doing this at all

I get the same thing, every time I try to build Blacksmith and I've heard the same with Walls. I would have thought this would have been fixed in the patch.

The same thing happened to me. The first when I was building the Blacksmith's, the second when I was trying to build the Clinic. I did manage to build the Blacksmith's, but I had to click the accept 'tick' before I could read what it said, so that it would not crash again. If I wasn't a compulsive saver then I would be even more annoyed. I think, until they get another patch out, it's just a matter of saving as much as possible and bracing yourself for a BSoD.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/5509493.page#13023485

Check that thread out... not sure if it's 100% but working so far for us here.

Yeah I've been having this problem too. It does seem to be happening when I try and build walls in my kingdom... I already had a Blascksmith in my town so I don't think that its that, although it might be a combination of things, and it may happen with several buildings, as Goatbreath said...
really, really annoying...

I have been having the blue screen problems as well. Every time I would put in a new building, the screen would go black, flash a few times, then blue screen. Sounds like I am having the same problems everybody else is having. I did my own trouble shooting, made sure my software was up to date, did the latest patch and still the same problem. On another website, somebody suggested making the game not full screen by pressing alt and enter at the same time. This resolved the building issue, however, I am still getting the blue screen of death.

I like this game, however I am extremely disappointed in this. I have the Sims 3 with several expansions, and they have not crashed on me once. I hope EA resolves this issue quickly, and notifies people via forum when they do. At this point in time, I'd rather have my money back, rather than keep playing and hoping it doesn't crash over and over.

OK, so, after a bit more research, i.e. playing the game some more and getting even more frustrated, I think that the game, or mine, at least, has trouble running when both the Blacksmith and the Walls are in the town at the same time. I managed to build my walls, finally, without having to build a Blacksmith, but then it crashed when I tried to build the Blacksmith afterwards (3 buildings later). And as I already said, I originally started a game where I built the Blacksmith first, but then couldn't build the walls later...

It's extremely frustrating, and they'd better bring out a patch soon...

BTW, if you want to stop getting the BSoD every time, I find that quitting the game, by using Task Manager, that the BSoD doesn't appear and I don't have to shut the system down... might help some of you

Well I must admit that I am quite peeved off with EA Support.

Despite my laptop being able to handle the game, plus the fact that my requirements check out on the "Can You Run It?" website, EA Support seem to not be able to acknowledge that there is a bug in the game and insit that my laptop's graphics card/other hardware is to blame for the "Blue Screen of Death" when adding new buildings, despite having all the other The Sims 3 games installed and working fine too!!!

We have 3 of us here at home all playing on 3 different computers with 2 on downloads and 1 on a hard copy of the game and we are ALL having the same issues that you've described. I have to control/alt/delete out before my game crashes which has given me some feeling of control over the blue screen of death/destruction/despair/desolation........ It still crashes when I try to add a building - although I have persevered and managed to add all but 3 with multitudes of diverted (by above method) crashes before having a success here and there. I haven't even finished the first ambition - am I going to go through this on every single ambition after this one? If I ever get this one finished....

[Avatar]

I had this issue and I phoned the Customer Support. They said that it was because of my graphics card overheating. If you have an Intel card that is not listed on the back of the box, it will crash (luckily I have a different computer with a Nvidia graphics card). They also told me that laptops can't run The Sims Medieval as well desktops and that could be why. Either way, if you have a different desktop computer with a graphics card that is on the back of the box, install it on that and you should be fine.

I'm not new. I just came over from the Sims 3
[WWW]

[Avatar]

I had this issue and I phoned the Customer Support. They said that it was because of my graphics card overheating. If you have an Intel card that is not listed on the back of the box, it will crash (luckily I have a different computer with a Nvidia graphics card). They also told me that laptops can't run The Sims Medieval as well desktops and that could be why. Either way, if you have a different desktop computer with a graphics card that is on the back of the box, install it on that and you should be fine.

I'm not new. I just came over from the Sims 3
[WWW]

The reply EA is giving people in regards to the blue screen is very disappointing. The Sims 3 works just fine on my lap top, and has 3 expansions to go along with it. Not only do I run World of Warcraft, Call of Duty, the Sims 3, and Battle field 2, I should be able to play Sims Medieval just fine.

EA needs to fix with a patch, or offer money back to people that they claim cannot run the game. I can no longer play this game for more than 5 minutes with out it crashing, and blue screening out. I do not think I buy the graphics chip over heating explanation when my system runs higher games than this.

I have been having a simular problem. Though it has nothing to do with the blacksmith when ever I try to leave a quest the screen flashes black over and over then goes to the blue screen. I haven't been able to do anything with that kingdom because i can't get out of the quest!

What do the crashing screen colors mean? I hear alot of people post about the "blue screen of death"? But mine turned to a white screen (in my first game with the high security).

My game is crashing now as well, it was fine for the first few days.. Then it crashed yesterday night, now it just does it at random... So annoying.. I hope they come up with a fix soon.. Im addicted to this game and just want to keep playing!
The Sims Medieval  > Questions and Feedback
Go to: