[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
how to take over new territories?  XML
The Sims Medieval  > Town Square

Is it posible to annex or take over neighbouring territories/kingdoms, that appear on the political situation map?

How?
I've noticed that the leaders of those factions might hang out at the palace, but didn't notice any option about territories in the dialog options while talking to them. The only other thing that I figured out is that you can pay 10RP to make initial contact with them.
And is it any other way of increasing your relationship with them other than through the edicts (that 90% of the times don't pass)?

So you can allie with a territory buy paying 10 RP, then you can annex them through a specific quest

BB_Gunn wrote:

Is it posible to annex or take over neighbouring territories/kingdoms, that appear on the political situation map?

How?
I've noticed that the leaders of those factions might hang out at the palace, but didn't notice any option about territories in the dialog options while talking to them. The only other thing that I figured out is that you can pay 10RP to make initial contact with them.
And is it any other way of increasing your relationship with them other than through the edicts (that 90% of the times don't pass)?

Renown points are used to ally with kingdoms. Renowm points are earned by completing quests. They are also spent when you place new buildings so a little planning may be in order.

To discover, ally, and annex new territories you open the territory map from kingdom mode or access the tactical map with the monarch knight or spy. Just click your tactical map and choose the "view political situation" interactive. When you first view the map you see you already have two annexed territories in the beginning. As you have found out you spend the renown points to "ally" with them initially. You don't get to ally with them untill your kingdom passes a certain threshold of renown. What that threshold is I don't know. I just check the map after every quest.

What happens after you spend the renown points to ally with them is it unlocks a quest. You can see what the name of the quest is by clicking on the territory and reading the text to the right on the map. In order to annex the territory you have to complete that quest. Once you complete it, the territory is considered "annexed".

Ways to increase relations is to "patrol roads between...." options at the "road to the village" and the Forest road. Each road services a different group of provinces. Down by the docks you can "patrol sea lanes between...." to get the other ones. It works better than edicts because unlike edicts later in the game you can control which one is getting the boost. Keep in mind you can only "patrol roads" or "sea lanes" with combat oriented sims. You can't do this with the other ones.

Hope that helps.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/27/2011 07:27:51

Just wanted to add in case you have missed it. Unlocking those territories and making them allies, reaps benefits. Each one has certain benefits that add to your game. You won't know what those are until you make them an Ally.
You can then read what those are: one of them gives you more time to complete your daily chore. Others reduce time and how hard things are, inorder to let you slow down and just play your characters a little more before having to rush off and complete your quests etc.
I am finding it so much fun now that I have added almost all of them and can do other things with my Sims instead of just questing. I think one opens up more socials..maybe I dreamed that one.

Oh, that is so awesome to hear!!!! I had no idea. I an enjoying this game so much, the only thing lacking for me was you were too rushed into completing daily responsibilities etc, now I can sit back and relax a bit, and let my sims enjoy life a little more. Thanks for posting this, I'm sure a lot of other people will be happy to hear it too

I got it!
Thanks folks! I did notice those "foreign" quests in the quest list, but I had no idea that doing them would ally you with the respective nation. I figured it out now!

hi all,

quick question. how exactly do you spend your rp to ally with different kingdoms? is there an option to do so or is there something more specific to do?

Good question...here's a very late bump for it.

The only tricky thing, you access the tactical map. But merely clickng on the country doesnt do it. You have to hit the annex icon at the upper right to do that, patrol is at the bottom.

[Avatar]

Krissie08109 wrote:hi all,

quick question. how exactly do you spend your rp to ally with different kingdoms? is there an option to do so or is there something more specific to do?

You can do so on either "check political situation" map, or it can be done on the territory map from kingdom mode. You click on the territory, and then a button with a telescope on it to pay the RP to make it an ally.

Thank you!

What can you do when you've completed your kingdom and you're just in freeplay...I'd like to spread my kingdom or do something along the lines rather than just freeplay....Help me please!

It's no different in free play mode: once you ally with the territory using the map, the "annex quest" will become available. Complete it successfully and the territory will become part of your empire.

When working toward an Ambition, one foreign territory I like to annex as early as possible is Advorton. The benefit it brings is that quests use fewer Quest Points, so you can complete more of them before you run out, giving you a better chance of completing the Ambition at Platinum level.
The Sims Medieval  > Town Square
Go to: