[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Want to reuse the kingdom for new ambitions? Got solution. Enter here.  XML
The Sims Medieval  > Questions and Feedback

Tired of building up new kingdoms each time you change your ambition? Miss your Royal Family, hoping that some day your heir would rule your kingdom with a new ambition? Follow these steps and you'll find yourself using your first kingdom for any ambition that you want.

The only bad news is that you can't do this if your kingdom already ran out of Quest Points. If you have a backup of your kingdom where there are still QPs (and thus, available quests to complete), then congratulations, you can do this.

EDIT: You can actually play too if you already ran out of QPs using the cheat "showallvalidquests", and everything will work fine, but you won't be able to earn Kingdom Points. There's no XP either, but you will gain XP by completing quests.

1) Play your kingdom until you ALMOST run out of Quest Points (not to be confused with Kingdom Points; KPs). This is really important, please do not run out of QPs. Save and quit your game.
2) Go to your "My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Saves" folder.
3) Create a "Backup" folder and copy there your kingdom save game (let's suppose it's named "Kingdom1"). In our case it will be a folder named "Kingdom1.tsm" with 3 files in it.
4) Run The Sims Medieval again and complete the New Beginnings ambition by spending all your remaining QPs.
5) Tadaa!! Now you have new ambitions to choose. Choose any and start a new kingdom.
6) As soon as the new kingdom loads up, save the game and name it whatever you want, we will call it "Kingdom2".
7) Quit the game and go again to MyDocs\...\Saves folder.
8 ) You're now supposed to see 3 folders: Backup, Kingdom1.tsm and Kingdom2.tsm.
9) Open Backup and you'll see Kingdom1.tsm (which is a previous stage of the original Kingdom1.tsm in Saves folder). Well open Kingdom1.tsm (the one in BACKUP, NOT IN SAVES folder) and copy the file "WorldCastle_0x00000000.nhd".
10) Now go to Saves folder and open the folder "Kingdom2.tsm" and paste it there.
11) It'll ask you if you want to replace the file, click YES.
12) Load The Sims Medieval and... VOILÀ!!!!!!! You are now able to play your very 1st kingdom with the new ambition you selected!!! And you'll say "Oh well thank you, but now I have 1 QP, I can't play!!". Yes you can, just:

1) Enable "testingcheatsenabled" in your "C:\Program files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini".
2) Right click "Commands" and click properties. Tick off "Read only" if it isn't already and click accept.
3) Now open "Commands" using WordPad and you'll see "testingcheatsenabled=0". Change "0" to "1" and save.

With this enabled, once you're in the kingdom, you can open up the cheat box (CTRL+SHIFT+C) and type in "setqp (number)", making you able to set as many QPs as you wish in the kingdom. For example, if you're wanting to play as legit as possible, you'd type: setqp 50

You can repeat this process as many times as you want whenever you're wanting to change ambition. But remember, it is extremely important to not run out of Quest Points.

If you're going to post this on any other site please quote and credit me. Thanks and have fun! ))
WizardDani

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 03/27/2011 07:13:34

Just for the sake of trying that awesomeness, I will re-start the scenario (it's going to be the third time now - definitely with as much testingcheatsenabled as possible this time). Thanks again for figuring it out!

Thanks very much! I really wanted to follow a kingdom through with all my heroes leveled up. :D

No problem guys And please let others know about this in case they're wanting to continue using their kingdom for other ambitions.

Thanks really!

This is AWESOME!!!!
Thanks WizardDani!

This is really awesome. I haven't used it yet, as I'm not sure this is the Kingdom I really want to save, but with my next ambition I think I'll work on making my characters as awesome as possible so I can do this with them!

[Avatar]

This is awesome, thank you. I hope in the future EA will change it so we don't have to go through this to be able to play our kingdom.

With this method is there any issue with eventually running out of quests? If you are continually reusing your old kingdom does it remember what quests you've done? I assume there are a lot that aren't repeatable so if it does remember what quests you've done then I would think you would eventually run out. It wouldn't be an issue for a while since there are so many quests to do, but it's something I would be concerned about eventually.

chapeauxchick wrote:With this method is there any issue with eventually running out of quests? If you are continually reusing your old kingdom does it remember what quests you've done? I assume there are a lot that aren't repeatable so if it does remember what quests you've done then I would think you would eventually run out. It wouldn't be an issue for a while since there are so many quests to do, but it's something I would be concerned about eventually.

Well you can't run out of quests, and nope, it doesn't remember the quests you have already done. In fact, you can try this without using this method. Same quests appeared as available to me, such as "Marriage" or "Legend of the Fountain" when I was playing with my first kingdom. That said, I don't suppose there's something like "quest memory" within the game.

And even so, you can always use "rerollquests" or "showallvalidquests" (I believe those were the correct commands) and quests will appear no matter what.

I hove people at least have the foresight not to report any bugs/glitches when using a tempered save file such as this...

We don't know the exact dependencies these two files have to each other, and since the saves are created at different times and in different games any possible dependencies will be broken.

This reminds me a lot of the "reset tombs in World Adventures (TS3 EP, for those that don't know) by replacing certain file in your save with a one from another", seemed to work at first but eventually revealed to cause certain problems.

This is really cool to see, I was also a bit disappointed at the prospect of starting over for every ambition. I can't try it myself as I'm experiencing the death screens from security walls and obviously can't really finish the first one, but I hope those of you that do try it can keep us updated on how it runs as you go on! Thanks so much for sharing this process with us!

As Peanut would do.......NEEEEOOOOWWW after reading what you said to do. Didnt' make a bit of sense to me.

CriseX wrote:I hove people at least have the foresight not to report any bugs/glitches when using a tempered save file such as this...

We don't know the exact dependencies these two files have to each other, and since the saves are created at different times and in different games any possible dependencies will be broken.

This reminds me a lot of the "reset tombs in World Adventures (TS3 EP, for those that don't know) by replacing certain file in your save with a one from another", seemed to work at first but eventually revealed to cause certain problems.

You're totally right, please have in mind his/her words.

gentjt32 wrote:As Peanut would do.......NEEEEOOOOWWW after reading what you said to do. Didnt' make a bit of sense to me.

Uhhh, what are you talking about???

When I try to to save after changing the enable from 0 to 1 it keeps giving me an access denied. Even after I unclick read only.
The Sims Medieval  > Questions and Feedback
Go to: