[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Web/Server Update  XML
NCAA Football Series  > NCAA® Football Series Online Dynasty Web Support

[Avatar]

ps3.Zooropa_Returns wrote:Greetings!
The kids here are having the same problem accessing the online dynasty feature with friends across the nation. I have briefly read these forums and the lack of response from EA is telling, phone support is of no help and professional adults get no answers. Bottom line this company marketed a feature in a product that is not working. If the company will not respond or correct the issue IT WILL have a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT on its hands much like Hewlett Packard had and lost. Some response, fix etc is needed asap.

Thank you

Dude, you are talking CAL and it won't be two weeks until tomorrow that game was released. Did you just learn that word? And you compared it to a company who made a product that cost hundreds of dollars. Try and find a CAL against a video game software company. Jury would laugh you out of court. You might as well try and get an amendment added to the Bill of Rights, ROFLOL.

Zooropa in his post said 'if the company will not respond or correct the issue it will have a class action lawsuit on its hands..." It looks like he is saying that if EA refuses to fix the problem with the transfer error or the other host of errors that has plagued the online dynasties; then he would pursue a class action lawsuit. He is not saying they should file it today or tomorrow. I'm assuming he meant he was talking about later down the road which is his right to do so.

As far as a class action lawsuit against a video game software company; you don't have to look any further than Mr. Sam "Don't Use My Likeness" Keller vs. EA or the lawsuit filed against Sony for the game freezes that occur in Final Fantasy on the PS3. Both cases are pending and have survived litigation to dismiss the claims. I'm sure you have read about class action lawsuits against large companies on behalf of a group of people that have been successful; most of which are more complicated than this type of case.

A video game software company is no different than Apple or Hewlett Packard; if they produce a product that says it will do "x,y,z" then the product should do "x,y,z" without problems otherwise it would open them up to civil litigation, require them to correct the problem, or issue a recall of the product and issue the appropriate refunds/exchanges.

DAMN IT EA FIX THIS DAMN TRANSER FAILED CRAP.... I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH YOU GUYS FOR AN HOUR AND 30 MIN AND U SEEMED TO HAVE NO SOLUTIONS. I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO PLAY MY GAME FOR A WEEK NOW BECAUSE U GUYS FAILED TO TEST YOUR PRODUCT BEFORE LAUNCHING IT.... GET YOUR * TOGETHER AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS... I WANT TO EXPRESS MY FEELINGS USING DIFFERENT WORDS BUT IM TRYING MY BEST TO KEEP IT PG 13....

I dont know if this will help, but i had issues downloading my online dynasty, it kept failing. So i figured i would swith back to my ATT dsl modem w/ my linksys router and now its working....not sure why, i have a brand new netgear modem/router that worked for a week with no issues...probably just something with the settings, gonna get with netgear and see what the issue was

[Avatar]

xbox.nebraska885 wrote:Zooropa in his post said 'if the company will not respond or correct the issue it will have a class action lawsuit on its hands..." It looks like he is saying that if EA refuses to fix the problem with the transfer error or the other host of errors that has plagued the online dynasties; then he would pursue a class action lawsuit. He is not saying they should file it today or tomorrow. I'm assuming he meant he was talking about later down the road which is his right to do so.

As far as a class action lawsuit against a video game software company; you don't have to look any further than Mr. Sam "Don't Use My Likeness" Keller vs. EA or the lawsuit filed against Sony for the game freezes that occur in Final Fantasy on the PS3. Both cases are pending and have survived litigation to dismiss the claims. I'm sure you have read about class action lawsuits against large companies on behalf of a group of people that have been successful; most of which are more complicated than this type of case.

A video game software company is no different than Apple or Hewlett Packard; if they produce a product that says it will do "x,y,z" then the product should do "x,y,z" without problems otherwise it would open them up to civil litigation, require them to correct the problem, or issue a recall of the product and issue the appropriate refunds/exchanges.

And yet the issues are mostly varied by people are on online games. Go read the disclaimer for online play. You know, the one you were supposed to read before purchase.

[Avatar]

xbox.Danthraxxx wrote:So EA does not test anything I see.......... And Russ is fat...

Now back to my point , after I game I played failed to load to the server I was hit with a "restart" , so after a fw dynasty members cried like little girls my commish had to take action.... which was not throwing my game out per that does not work at all , he changed my team, then changed it back, this allowed me to play the game again, which I super sim for 3 quarters, played 2 plays & then sim the rest.............. now after this I get " Checking for online dynasty changes" for about 4min on average, then I am told I am not singed into the dynasty servers
SO .......... Now I cannot get into any dynasty at all, please stay tuned readers for my great adventure as I try to get EA to fix my issue, as i will document all of the struggles I will face.

When will gamers get together and start at least attempting to get class action started on game developers ? If a product states it does or will do "X" , and then the product does not do "x" this is grounds for a class action in many cases , trust me the fortune 500 company I work for has had it's share so I see no reason why this has never been attempted.

Finally , in closing I would just like to ast the NCAA team the followinf question ............. Did they get at you the other day ?

Start suing gaming companies and what happens. You think they will make better games or just stop making them because the market bears too much risk? They should start charging for the patches. Love to see what you all do then, roflol.

Wow I can't access my online dynasty this has happened to me the last 3 days in a row I got on the EA live chat thing yesterday and they told me to do some BS like setting my clock to 11-15-05 so yeah that worked for a little bit but I get up today and advance my Dynasty and sure enough the same BS happens again when I get to step 4-5 in advancing it just kicks me from the server and then when I try to go to the Online Dynasty again it won't let me access my EA locker and it kicks me again I'd just like to say thank you EA for making a game that has so many glitches in it it I'd also like to thank you for having the crappiest servers in the world and finally I'd like to thank you for making me pay 60 plus dollars for a game that is probably only worth about 20 bucks because of all of its flaws maybe its time for 989 sports to make a comeback lol but all n all I just hope that you fix this BS sooner than later
[Email]

Now come on guys, they only make billions of dollars every year. We can't expect them to make sure they have enough servers, or that online features actually work in their games. We should just be greatful that they even make games. I mean, they are the only gaming company.

ps3.slick1ru2 wrote:
xbox.nebraska885 wrote:Zooropa in his post said 'if the company will not respond or correct the issue it will have a class action lawsuit on its hands..." It looks like he is saying that if EA refuses to fix the problem with the transfer error or the other host of errors that has plagued the online dynasties; then he would pursue a class action lawsuit. He is not saying they should file it today or tomorrow. I'm assuming he meant he was talking about later down the road which is his right to do so.

And yet the issues are mostly varied by people are on online games. Go read the disclaimer for online play. You know, the one you were supposed to read before purchase.

Holy Sh*t slick. iv seen you post something on every single one of these forum pages. Do you really have nothing better to do in your life than just sit on these forums and wait for another chance to reply and write like a 5 paragraph essay backing up EA on anything that anyone says about their many flaws in this game. your probly some 40 year old guy living in your parents basement. o yeah and who says "rolling on floor laughing out loud." i didnt even know what that ment til you said it. i havent been on these forums before but i just thought someone should say something to this *

ps3.slick1ru2 wrote:
xbox.Danthraxxx wrote:So EA does not test anything I see.......... And Russ is fat...

Now back to my point , after I game I played failed to load to the server I was hit with a "restart" , so after a fw dynasty members cried like little girls my commish had to take action.... which was not throwing my game out per that does not work at all , he changed my team, then changed it back, this allowed me to play the game again, which I super sim for 3 quarters, played 2 plays & then sim the rest.............. now after this I get " Checking for online dynasty changes" for about 4min on average, then I am told I am not singed into the dynasty servers
SO .......... Now I cannot get into any dynasty at all, please stay tuned readers for my great adventure as I try to get EA to fix my issue, as i will document all of the struggles I will face.

When will gamers get together and start at least attempting to get class action started on game developers ? If a product states it does or will do "X" , and then the product does not do "x" this is grounds for a class action in many cases , trust me the fortune 500 company I work for has had it's share so I see no reason why this has never been attempted.

Finally , in closing I would just like to ast the NCAA team the followinf question ............. Did they get at you the other day ?

Start suing gaming companies and what happens. You think they will make better games or just stop making them because the market bears too much risk? They should start charging for the patches. Love to see what you all do then, roflol.

Maybe EA would make better games that work? That's probably what would happen. Do you really think that the mighty EA, if they lost a class action suit for putting out a poor game, would just 'oh screw it; we're done.'? Did Apple stop making phones? Did HP stop making computers? Did EA stop making games after Mr. Keller's sued? Did Sony stop making games? Does the Big 3 stop making cars after getting sued? The answer is 'no'. I'm not 'rolling on floor laughing out loud' if EA stopped making NCAA because 2k or another company would pick it up.

The thing that upsets everyone, excluding you and your EA coworkers, is EA's horrible and downright nonexistant customer service. If they would say something as simple as 'We are aware of the transfer error with online dynasties and are working towards a solution by the weekend' and gave updates to the problem it would appease many people and everyone would shut up. However if you call EA or email; they blame your system, ISP, or a date on your xbox.

Does anyone remember when 'Modern Warfare 2's' map pack was released and it destroyed their servers? Members of their staff were twittering exactly what they were doing and trying. It took them a couple of days to work out the details but they kept everyone informed and put the blame squarely on themselves. That's how a company who puts out a faulty product should act.

Couldn't say it any better myself, Nebraska... That's all I care about. Doesn't bother me that the server is down, just let me know when it will be back up, give me an estimate, give me updates, that's all I ask...

xbox.nebraska885 wrote: Maybe EA would make better games that work? That's probably what would happen. Do you really think that the mighty EA, if they lost a class action suit for putting out a poor game, would just 'oh screw it; we're done.'? Did Apple stop making phones? Did HP stop making computers? Did EA stop making games after Mr. Keller's sued? Did Sony stop making games? Does the Big 3 stop making cars after getting sued? The answer is 'no'. I'm not 'rolling on floor laughing out loud' if EA stopped making NCAA because 2k or another company would pick it up.

The thing that upsets everyone, excluding you and your EA coworkers, is EA's horrible and downright nonexistant customer service. If they would say something as simple as 'We are aware of the transfer error with online dynasties and are working towards a solution by the weekend' and gave updates to the problem it would appease many people and everyone would shut up. However if you call EA or email; they blame your system, ISP, or a date on your xbox.

Does anyone remember when 'Modern Warfare 2's' map pack was released and it destroyed their servers? Members of their staff were twittering exactly what they were doing and trying. It took them a couple of days to work out the details but they kept everyone informed and put the blame squarely on themselves. That's how a company who puts out a faulty product should act.

Said the exact same thing to my friend yesterday. I am not mad the servers are not working. I understand you cannot foresee everything. I am mad the servers are not working and we are not getting an information from EA.

I get on this morning and it tells me the EA servers are unavailable. If I had known this morning the servers would be down, I would have not been angry when I powered up and found out they were.

Communication is the real problem.

Now tell me why I am an idiot for wanting a product to work properly slick.

Is there an ETA on when the NCAA 11 servers will be back up today?

sorry guys i have never used this forum. i got up this morning to play my online dynasty and got the server down message. I see from all your prior posts that i just read that i shouldn't hold my breath for any type of ETA. this is horrible, i just want to play my week!!!!!

[Avatar]

xbox.Snipesalot2456 wrote:
ps3.slick1ru2 wrote:

Holy Sh*t slick. iv seen you post something on every single one of these forum pages. Do you really have nothing better to do in your life than just sit on these forums and wait for another chance to reply and write like a 5 paragraph essay backing up EA on anything that anyone says about their many flaws in this game. your probly some 40 year old guy living in your parents basement. o yeah and who says "rolling on floor laughing out loud." i didnt even know what that ment til you said it. i havent been on these forums before but i just thought someone should say something to this *

Holy Sh*t, you read all these pages? You make it sound like there are 900 pages here and I have put up thousands of pages. When in reality, I have had under 300 posts in 3 years. Could be I am working on my master's thesis on the "Me" generation and its response to adversity. Or a newspaper article. Or the idiotic responses on here are a comic gold mine. But thanks for your concern.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/27/2010 10:10:54

NCAA Football Series  > NCAA® Football Series Online Dynasty Web Support
Go to: