[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Adding EA games to Origin  XML
Origin  > Ideas and Suggestions

[Avatar]

I talked to an ea customer rep by the name of Shubha on chat today to try to add Battlefield 2 to Origin. I was going to ask to add several other older games as well, but after an hour of him making me verify things (like take a photo of my cd key with my signature, date, and chat id) and waiting for extremely slow responses, he simply said that it was not possible. He asked me for things like a receipt scan from the time of purchase (WHO KEEPS A RECEIPT FOR A GAME THAT WAS BOUGHT 7 YEARS AGO, seriously). I won't lie. I was pretty annoyed at this point because he made me do all this stuff and wait for an hour to verify I really owned the game... just to shoot me down and give me a hard time. Flat out told me I needed to purchase it again through Origin (NO THANKS) and shot down any attempt for me to speak with a supervisor or higher up.

Anyways, if I could get some help adding some older games (Mass Effect, Crysis & Crysis Warhead, Battlefield 2 & Special Forces expansion) to my Origin account by an admin, I would really really appreciate it and it would make me be okay with Origin just a bit more.

Q6600 @ 3.0GHz // Sapphire Radeon 5870 // Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R // Corsair XMS2 2x2GB DDR2 800

Same EXACT experience here trying to add Battlefield: 2142, Battlefield 2 and Mass Effect 1.

Apparently EA expects you to purchase your games over again! Welcome to Origin ! How convenient!

Half of the representatives flat out refused to help me, a few said it wasn't possible and two provided me with new keys that did not work and in the end told me I would have the purchase it on Origin. The level of incompetence is stunning too as one provided me with a key to a game I already owned - Battlefield 3 - which OVERWROTE my storebought key. Fortunately, I did not lose my bonus content. This was after him instructing me how to delete my savegame files on my PS3 - ...what?!

I've tried on Origin, and I've tried https://activate.ea.com/applyentitlement.do there which actually worked for my Bad Company 2 that I purchased on Steam, but not for any of the other games I am trying to get registered.

It goes beyond a disrepect for their customers and I know I won't be using Origin for any of my digital purchases... and I'd recommend friends against doing so.

I finally got through to a supervisor of these 'Tier 1' chat reps that all seem to be from India some of which, unfortunately, could not understand me well, and I was told at first that there Tier 2 support was 'unavailable' and later, after asking multiple times WHEN they would be available or what their hours of operation were... was told that there was no such support.

Finally, I was told that it was a 'glitch' and that their 'tools are down'... (hm, sounds familiar). All in all I have to say this is the worst customer service experience I have ever seen, hands down. I thought Verizon CSR was bad but they treat you like royalty in comparison.

[Avatar]

So I decided to give EA customer support a phone call today. Long story short, the it ended with the rep telling me that their systems were having difficulty due to switching over to new setups, and also because of the large amount of people using origin... hmmm.

Anyways, they said I would have to call back at a later time if I want to try and add my older games to my Origin account. Maybe i'll try again in a week or so, but at this point, I don't even know if it's worth the hassle and time.

-1 more point Origin.

Q6600 @ 3.0GHz // Sapphire Radeon 5870 // Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R // Corsair XMS2 2x2GB DDR2 800

[Avatar]

EA_Michael wrote:Hey Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. We're definitely looking into adding support for legacy games. Right now these games use an old external keycode system which doesn't integrate with our other systems. We definitely want to make this work so that you can enjoy the older games you purchased at retail.

In the mean time I'll see if we can put together a list of games that are supported.

Michael

Where are we at with this. Supported games list, and legacy games? PRE 2009!

I want my Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Breakthrough and Spearhead integrated ASAP!

Origin is rather worthless with out legacy games included. Do you see how many legacy pre 2009 games Steam integrates? A buttload!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/02/2011 14:48:25

The biggest reason people hate Origin has nothing to do with Origin itself, and everything to do with the company who owns it.

[Avatar]

In my case they said they couldn't add Crysis to my games but offered me another game instead; got Dead Space 2. I guess something's something.

[Avatar]

Jotamide wrote:In my case they said they couldn't add Crysis to my games but offered me another game instead; got Dead Space 2. I guess something's something.

So you were bought off? Sellout!

Common EA add the old games. Or if the above is the case, then you owe me 3-4 titles.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Legit Retail game keys I want tied to Origin but can't.

Battlefield 1942 (2002)
Battlefield 1942: The Road To Rome
Battlefield 1942: Secret Weapons Of WWII
The product code you entered is not valid. Please confirm that the code has been entered correctly. FAQ
EDIT: @ https://activate.ea.com The product code entered is not valid for game activation

Battlefield Vietnam (The Original mod / retail) (2004)
*The product code you entered is not valid. Please confirm that the code has been entered correctly. FAQ
EDIT: @ https://activate.ea.com The product code entered is not valid for game activation

Medal Of Honor Allied Assault (2002)
Medal Of Honor: Spearhead
Medal Of Honor: Breakthrough
*The product code you entered is not valid. Please confirm that the code has been entered correctly. FAQ

Medal Of Honor: Airborne (200

The Saboteur (2009)
*An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later.
EDIT: @ https://activate.ea.com The code entered is not valid for product activation.

How many hours should I dedicate to tying up Origin's support for these?

Steam's DeadSpace (1). Origin Sees it, goes to region selection, but won't take it.
*An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please contact Origin Help. FAQ
EDIT: @ https://activate.ea.com DeadSpace registered to account

-------------------------------------

Helpful tool to find EA Games keys installed on your PC, to try and activate them in Origin.
http://sites.google.com/site/cakirbey/gamekeyrevealer

Steam's bought CD keys that activated with Origin

Steam's Battlefield 2 Complete Collection
Steam's Need for Speed: Shift
Steam's Need for Speed: Undercover
Steam's Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
EDIT: Steam's DeadSpace (1) @ https://activate.ea.com DeadSpace registered to account

----------------------------------------

EDIT: Missed one.
Steam's Mass Effect (1) 2007
Using Origin: ERROR The product code you entered is not valid. Please confirm that the code has been entered correctly. FAQ
@ https://activate.ea.com/
The product code entered is not valid for game activation.

EDIT:
Went over to http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/veteran
To enter my game BF keys there for veteran stats or w/e because I never did it. BF2 worked okay, BF1942 worked okay (still not tied to Origin)

Battlefield 1942: The Road To Rome
Battlefield 1942: Secret Weapons Of WWII
Battlefield Vietnam (The Original mod / retail) (2004)
All yield "We are having technical difficulties. Please try again later." ERROR's for veteran key entry.

GG EA!

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at 11/03/2011 19:54:22

The biggest reason people hate Origin has nothing to do with Origin itself, and everything to do with the company who owns it.

[Avatar]

I would love it if you made it so i can add ALL my EA titles on origin. Im a fan of using Origin only if i can do this.

I would also like it if you added the old MOH's and Battlefields to be available to buy on origin. I have long lost all my old games like that. But do not want to buy retail copies.

All in all, EA you hunks of nice people. ADD THEM!

PS, also make it not a marathon to add newer cd keys to origin. I tried with one of my need for speeds, and my god what a hassle. I also tried to add a nfs game which is for sale on origin, but wouldnt allow me. And from what i read on here, im not going to bother contacting support. What a waste of time that would be. STEAM can keep my ea titles on their download service. Plus, ive never had any hassles with steam, patching or the like.

FIX ORIGIN.

[WWW]

[Avatar]

Hmm, after my last post, i decided to add all my EA titles to origin. (A few of them are on steam too). What a night ive had. The first 2 games added no worries. Then the rest would not, invalid codes. So i contacted ea support (yeah i know i cringed too) and the first lady by the name of 'Jose' was utterly useless. THe code says invalid, then she tried to tell me that its steams fault for providing an invalid code. Which is rather amusing considering after launching BF2 in steam, you need to register the cd key with EA.

Ok, so i contacted support again, to hopefully find someone with at least 1 brain cell. This lady by the name of 'Shalini' was alot more helpful than 'Jose'. However after providing the cd keys to her, and a short minute on hold. She came back to tell me 'the tool to add old ea games is broken, contact us later'. o.0

So please, can the EA rep that is reading this thread please help me add the games to origin.

Titles i want moved are,

Crysis
Crysis Warhead
NFS Undercover
NFS Shift

Thats so far. I have succesfully added Crysis 2 and NFS Hot Persuit. I have to sort through my games to see what is an ea game and what is not.

PLEASE HELP EA_AgentX!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/16/2011 00:19:37

[WWW]

Apparently some representatives are more helpful than others. Below is the transcript of the online chat that I just had with an EA rep.....

info: You are now ready to chat with Ravit.
Ravit: Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Ravit how may I help you?
you: Hello Ravit, I was trying to activate a couple games on Origin (including Crysis and Crysis Warhead) and it would not accept my serial keys. Can you help with this or where should I go for help if you can not?
Ravit: I'll help you but before that may I know where was the game purchased from?
you: Steam, but I would prefer to no longer deal with Steam as my friends that play a couple EA games use Origin now.
Ravit: Please allow me some time.
you: No problem, I also have Mass Effect, Battlefield 2, and Medal of Honor: Airborne .... not sure if all of them (or any of them) can be moved from Steam to Origin
you: i have the serial keys handy
Ravit: I am sorry there is no any way to add game form steam to origin.
you: hmmmm, i was able to move the newer Medal of Honor
Ravit: Yes if you buy game any other then It could be possible but in case of steam it can't be possible.
you: Thank you for your time, have a great day.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/16/2011 16:22:02

[Avatar]

What a load of crap. I successfully moved games from steam to origin. LOL! And the good thing is, they are now on both steam and origin. They have remained on steam too.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/16/2011 16:32:01

[WWW]

[Avatar]

I read here on the forums at some point (don't ask for a link, i don't want to search for it) that they are migrating the older systems to some kind of new system. This is why the tools the support use to add games and what not are not functioning at the moment.
Although this sucks for the duration of things being broken, it is actually good to know they are updating the system.
Hopefully (fingers crossed), this means that the system is being updated to better support older games. This is something I've been wanting to happen for a long time, and I've been asking about it since the early days of EADM (before Origin).
I have a very large EA games library, and would love to move the entire thing to digital form if i could.

So I have a problem, and since EA support seems to be a joke I'll bring it up here.

First off, I play older EA games for the PC (like Battlefield 2 and C&C Generals ZH). I haven't been able to play them online since everytime I go to login, I always get some error message.

I tried creating an online account for BF2 only to be told that my email address was already registered with them. The only time that I registered that email address with EA was earlier this year when I had to create an EA account to play BF:BC2 on my xbox 360.

I tried using the same information from my Xbox live EA account to register my PC BF2/C&C online, to no avail. I am not all that experienced with PC gaming issues and I don't really understand this Origin crap, I just want to play my older EA PC games online.

Ok, so if you bother them enough, eventually you get someone who knows what they are doing in Live Chat.

First off, they asked me to go to http://www.pogo.com and create an account using the same email address I use to log into Origin. I asked "why?" and was told "because....". In any case, I did it.

Then they asked me to go to http://www.profile.ea.com to "Add Persona" using the account that I just created. It has "EA Classic Screen Name" underneath it.

After that, the helpdesk guru (named Shobhit) manually added 5 games for me.

This whole process took about 30 minutes.

If you happen to have Dead Space 1 from Steam, here is the info I used to get the CD Key from my registry and add it to Origin: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1872361

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/27/2011 19:38:11

I have had nothing but headaches when trying to add my older games. If I am remembering correctly, I spent over 2 hours on the phone and who knows how long with online chat.

I have several retail copies of EA games, but in particular wanted to add these to my origin account: BF2, BF2 Special Forces, BF2142.

I thought I was making progress because eventually someone did provide me with codes for BF Special Forces and what I was told BF2. The special forces code did work, however they gave me a Bad Company 2 code not BF2. It has been over two months since I tried to add my BF2 and my case still hasn't been resolved. I gave up on trying to get 2142 added since I didnt play that one alot. Still would like to add BF2 since that still gets played.

I must say that some of the customer support people are polite and try to be helpful, however, there are some that FLAT OUT LIED about what they could and could not do, especially after reading some of the few successes read here.

So any EA admins want to help me out?
Origin  > Ideas and Suggestions
Go to: