[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Haters Anonymous....  XML
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® General Discussion

kickingguru wrote:If you have all of the Hole Pins for that specific Course at the Gold level and the Shot Preview Pin is also Gold... You get a 70% increase in your pins capabilities so you get 9 shot previews instead of 5.....

Ah. Makes sense. Thanks.

[Avatar]

It may make sense for EA... but it's money over fairness, and ruins the integrity of any live tournaments, or h2h games that have "boost pins" enabled... because everyone is not on the same playing field, usually because everyone hasn't invested real dollars to find the complete pin packs for all the courses.

I'd be very surprised if anyone has been able to get all of the course pins by now, by simply spending time earning the 600 coins per round, and playing the pin pack crapshoot... without- at the very least- buying the 11 course pack.

In a few months, this will be less of an issue, when average players will have earned their way to these random pin pack objectives. But, early on, it is a huge money over fairness integrity issue.

this years tiger is still dumb...when will they make a sim golfing game? its still cybertiger, imo.

having players be able to max out all attributes is terrible..not all real golfers excel at all traits, so too should video golfers..instead of maxing out there should be a max cap so you have to allocate your xp to certain attributes..then all players wouldnt be the same ..

and these guys do cheat..they use special controllers and such to help swing straight .. i bet more than half do this..try using the same controller for tiger that you do for mw3 like i do..the stick is a little wobbly from use and hitting straight is a bit tricky, now thats hard.

and when these guys say they dont map courses they are lying. almost all have little caddie yardage books with them to let them know what club to use on certain holes with certain wind, etc to hole out ..

ive been a part of certain tiger websites in the past and they all admit to these tactics...

now it seems like all its about is the status pts. what a shame, dangle the carrot and the donkey will follow ...

[Avatar]

You cannot get all 100's in all six attributes... unless you use boost pins.

Also, EA made the stick "find" a straight swing, moreso this year than ever before. If you still can't swing straight- with as easy as EA has made it-you probably wouldn't be one of the best anyway.

the best? who the heck cares? you cant max out the attributes? what am i missing?

exactly, the way this game is set up its still a mini-golf pitch and putt farce.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/10/2012 14:50:32

Anyone have a can of Troll-B-Gone?

kelsoe wrote:and these guys do cheat..they use special controllers and such to help swing straight .. i bet more than half do this..try using the same controller for tiger that you do for mw3 like i do..the stick is a little wobbly from use and hitting straight is a bit tricky, now thats hard.

and when these guys say they dont map courses they are lying. almost all have little caddie yardage books with them to let them know what club to use on certain holes with certain wind, etc to hole out ..

I'm sorry, but where is the cheating in ANY of that?

You know how that reads to me?

"Wah wah wah. I suck and will never be good enough to compete with these guys. Wah wah wah. I'm gonna cry and call everyone cheaters instead of admitting that someone might just be BETTER than I am."

Your mileage may vary.

[Avatar]

Ahlyis wrote:
kickingguru wrote:If you have all of the Hole Pins for that specific Course at the Gold level and the Shot Preview Pin is also Gold... You get a 70% increase in your pins capabilities so you get 9 shot previews instead of 5.....

Ah. Makes sense. Thanks.

A side note to your side note squared, guess that's a cube note:
How do you earn Pins, are they awarded (for what?) or must they be purchased?

88nbond wrote:A side note to your side note squared, guess that's a cube note:

As you open pin packs (either purchased, or earned through Gold Masteries), you collect individual pins on courses. Once you have the individual pin for EVERY hole on a specific course, you get a Course pin that matches the level (Gold, Silver or Bronze) of the lowest level individual pin for that course.

kelsoe wrote:and these guys do cheat..

almost all have little caddie yardage books with them to let them know what club to use on certain holes with certain wind, etc to hole out ..

OMG. He's right. What cheaters!

Quick, someone contact the PGA and let them know that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE PROS is cheating every single round.

Quick, someone get me the rule number that prohibits caddy books and I'll contact the PGA myself! Hurry. I'm over here holding my breath!

Obviously there are no cheaters as there is no way to cheat. Just players really good at AMATEUR mode. If you want a level playing field just play Tournament mode as you will never see any of the ELITE players on that mode.

[Avatar]

Insult_Golfer wrote:Obviously there are no cheaters as there is no way to cheat.

And I will cherish this forever as "the day I Stopped Believing in Santa Claus"

88NBOND wrote:
PLEASE give a try on today's LIVE TOURNAMENT : BUBBA WATSON at the HIGHLANDS
This is one of those game setups that plays very very difficult...
And without GALE FORCE winds.

Yes I know it's ACE TOURNAMENT level but just enter and play a few holes.
(directed at all the 'I ONLY PLAYS..." )
That said ...
Don't waste any BOOST pins - you will probably DNF.

The putting / greens setting here is very difficult.
The Wind is minor and not a problem.
The greens are average not lightning fast..
However-
Most players are struggling at over par scores.
And then 'someone' tops the leaderboard and posts a -15

Try it yourself some good players are dropping +6 and over

The Shot Preview Boost Pin (GOLD)
primarily used for Putt Previews here can save 8-9 strokes but ...
Finishing with a score below -5 seems extremely fishy.

Assuming outrageous scores at this level of play only come from intense hole by hole 'pre-mapping'
I guess I'd feel better if there was a 'Timed Event" factor to eliminate that possibility

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/10/2012 16:27:34

[Avatar]

Ahlyis wrote:
88nbond wrote:A side note to your side note squared, guess that's a cube note:

As you open pin packs (either purchased, or earned through Gold Masteries), you collect individual pins on courses. Once you have the individual pin for EVERY hole on a specific course, you get a Course pin that matches the level (Gold, Silver or Bronze) of the lowest level individual pin for that course.

Thus once you've Gold Mastered all the courses you will have to start buying Pin's .
Too bad we can't trade Pins.

88nbond wrote:Thus once you've Gold Mastered all the courses you will have to start buying Pin's .
Too bad we can't trade Pins.

Um, once you've unlocked all the DLC courses, what else are you going to do with your coins anyway???

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

88nbond wrote:
Oblong wrote:Yeah, I don't question any scores posted. Everyone that I've seen post a winning score that blows me away I see post something more human the next day. Sometimes you are just "in the zone" and dropping putts even you can't believe you made...and sometimes it's lipout after lipout and you want to scrub your round.

I'll give the Highlands thing a go but I don't even have a set of silver pins filled on it yet so I'll have to accept a slight handicap.

Yeh, OB's I'm still bronze like the Jersey Shore..
but screw the PINS you don't need 'em.
The game is happening on the greens and Putt Previews only work with Metered Putts...
.. until then Putt hard or Putt Often

So I just gave Highlands a go, took a minute to get used to shooting from the left side but I finished with a decent -9. Thoughts on the round:

Shouldn't have gone for it on the long par 5 at 11, ended up wet and finished bogey. Had I played it safe it would have been an easy birdie (cost me 2 strokes)
Next hole I missed my putt for easy birdie (another stroke)
Rest of the round I missed a few putts and greens that I'm sure if I replayed it a few times I'm sure I could shave a few strokes so I see -15 quite possible.

Add in the fact that I was only bronze on Highland course pins, my Bubba was only silver and because I have been only playing no pin tourneys I forget to even use the ones I had until the 12th hole that I ended up with 2 extras when my round was over. It almost makes me want to give it another go, but it's late I need some sleep.

So I stand by my thoughts, not cheating at all a -15.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/10/2012 19:54:54

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/xoblongx
EASPORTS GameChanger and PGA Golf Fanatic
X1-Oblong PS4-xOblongx (I Need NextGen Golf!)
[WWW]

-15 tournament with bubba gale winds is a damn good score. I don't have the course so I couldn't try it but from what I remember from TW03 the Highlands is a long course. I suppose stock is around -18 so that dude shot about 3 over stock if my math is right under those conditions, that's very impresive considering there are no pins in tourney mode.
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® General Discussion
Go to: