[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
EA survey $20 discount  XML
Origin  > General Discussion

Hey EA I would like my code to work. Please ...

Yeah, what a joke. "Why don't you buy games on Origin"

Because they cost way more than anywhere else, even your sales aren't as good as at other sites, and now when I [i]fill out your survey[/i] the code you provide to me [i]doesn't work[/i]! I'll take my business elsewhere if this isn't fixed.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/14/2012 18:50:30

Me too. I took the survey and got a promo code for a $20 discount on a game. When I went to redeem the code, it said it was invalid. I think this could be false advertising and possibly fraud. I will check with my attorney with regards to a class-action suit. This is very frustrating but typical of the way that us customers are treated.

Not only does the survey code not work but my birthday code does not work.They most have disabled all promo codes until they can deal with this mess. A real disaster on their part. Not how you develop a good solid customer base.
All that has been accomplished is the opposite of what they were trying to do.In other words EPIC FAIL EA games.

WoW what a bunch o Cr^pw, take a survey for 20.00 you saps !! ,, good job EA you gave us all a scam and we bit on it now thats a low Blo.......

Community Manager
[Avatar]

Hi everyone,

The coupon code is now expired; we’ll honor all sales made with the coupon code over the weekend and hope fans enjoy their games.

Thanks,
Sam "QforQ" Houston

QforQ - Origin Community Manager
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/samhouston

[Avatar]

You are punishing loyal customers meanwhile rewarding those who abused promo code to acquire multiple games.
That is not very nice. Grant us another survey along with coupon and promo code, or just one game price under 20 dollars.
We have the right to demand it.

K U T A R
F O X

[quote=EA_QforQ]Hi everyone,

The coupon code is now expired; we’ll honor all sales made with the coupon code over the weekend and hope fans enjoy their games.

Thanks,
Sam "QforQ" Houston[/quote]

Are you kidding me? What about those of us that legitimately filled out your survey and haven't been able to use the code [i]we were promised[/i]!?

So the guys that scammed the system (some of whom never even did the survey; they just got the code off the internet) get to keep their multiple free/discounted games and those of us that were honest and filled out your survey get squat? I [b]really[/b] hope this isn't what you're saying. I really do.

Any response to this?

Community Manager
[Avatar]

Gorgon_Rider wrote:
Are you kidding me? What about those of us that legitimately filled out your survey and haven't been able to use the code we were promised!?

So the guys that scammed the system (some of whom never even did the survey; they just got the code off the internet) get to keep their multiple free/discounted games and those of us that were honest and filled out your survey get squat? I really hope this isn't what you're saying. I really do.

Any response to this?

I understand why some folks may be frustrated that the coupon code ended early, but the coupon is now expired.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/14/2012 20:28:00

QforQ - Origin Community Manager
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/samhouston

[quote=EA_QforQ]

I understand why some folks may be frustrated that the coupon code ended early, but the coupon is now expired.[/quote]

And I understand that 'the coupon is now expired', which is highly questionable in itself since the survey e-mail that I received (and which is still in my in-box) CLEARLY states the coupon is valid until Oct 21, NOT Oct 14.

What I want to know is what EA is going to do for those of us that completed the survey and were screwed out of the coupon? Or is EA just going to hand-wave this away with a 'too bad, sucks to be you'? Because if so, I'll never complete another EA survey no matter what the incentive and if I ever decide to buy another EA title (which is looking to be highly unlikely at this point), it certainly won't be through Origin. It will be through a different retailer at a steep, steep discount.

I'm also thinking there are legal ramifications to this, which may need to be explored. I don't like being duped, nor do I enjoy wasting my time.

[Avatar]

So why did the code expire early for people who didn't place an order yet? Will they get an alternative code?

And seriously, you will honor your sale on these people?
[img]http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/9853/thxorigin.jpg[/img]

[Avatar]

Here is an idea. Grant a new promo code for people raising their voices until Oct. 21.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/14/2012 20:45:41

K U T A R
F O X

EA_QforQ wrote:I understand why some folks may be frustrated that the coupon code ended early, but the coupon is now expired

EA changed the expiry date after we filled out the survey, that's pretty shady and certainly makes me feel like I can't trust Origin and EA.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/14/2012 21:01:48

The code must be working rigth now, but thanks to people with proxy and multi-accounting the serios users cant use the promo code, that should be working until 21th.

It would be better to do like on origin aniversary. Coctact to support for a game.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/14/2012 21:14:12

[quote=EA_QforQ]Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Sam "QforQ" Houston[/quote]

Expired early? False advertising! It clearly stated that it would expire the 21st of October. This could be considered fraud if people are willing to take legal action... What a waste of everyone's time!

Origin  > General Discussion
Go to: