[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Next Gen NHL 14 this fall?  XML
NHL Series  > NHL® Series General Discussion

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

fawsha wrote:
mRmAN85 wrote:
I'm sticking with NHL launching this year and if somehow its put off to 2014 that's a distant "maybe" but still highly unlikely. They've had 8 years milking the same system, the market is ready to upgrade (the buzz of PS4 is proof) and EA is not going to miss it. 2015 is just no lol. At least we can all agree that the systems are coming this fall now

I'll bet you that NHL will NOT be out for PS4 this year! I'll bet you the cost of the game!
Got to agree with the man. I don't see the small EA NHL team building 2 games, one for PS4 and one for PS3. And they surely are just going to release NHL 14 on PS4 as that would cripple sales by severely limiting the market.

[Avatar]

I would accept NHL 14 on the next gen consoles just running at 1080p 60fps. Then a truly next gen version for NHL 15. I am sick of these 720p games.

NHL 14 Feedback (EASHL/OTP): http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9713356.page

@EA: Please read the feedback thread as there is a lot of valuable feedback to improve the game.

#18 C SIR PASS-A-LOT

The fact that EA wasn't at the ps4 event makes me nervous. In bed with Microsoft? Not to go off topic or anything but if Sony or Microsoft bought EA, it would kill the other system.

Anyway, I was really upset that they didn't show anything yet, not even FIFA. Can't wait for e3!

B-Bunny wrote:
I'll bet you that NHL will NOT be out for PS4 this year! I'll bet you the cost of the game!
Got to agree with the man. I don't see the small EA NHL team building 2 games, one for PS4 and one for PS3. And they surely are just going to release NHL 14 on PS4 as that would cripple sales by severely limiting the market.

Que the come back of the 2K series???

[quote=drog1602][quote=B-Bunny]
I'll bet you that NHL will NOT be out for PS4 this year! I'll bet you the cost of the game![/quote]Got to agree with the man. I don't see the small EA NHL team building 2 games, one for PS4 and one for PS3. And they surely are just going to release NHL 14 on PS4 as that would cripple sales by severely limiting the market.[/quote]

Que the come back of the 2K series??? [/quote]

I totally forgot all about that. Totally makes sense, finally ea will have the competition. Better for the gamer.

[Avatar]

Sethamphetamine wrote:
Johnjyuuu wrote:Are both systems definitely coming out at the end of this year? I'm guessing they'll be in the $800-1000 range when they first come out.

Tell you what, when they do come out, I'll sell them to you for $775 each. What a steal for you, right?

Expect them to cost between $300 - $400.

$300-400? Wow, I hope so, the PS3 started at $600-700

[Avatar]

MetalMilitia623 wrote:Every rumor I've heard is that PC will still be cheaper and better hardware than the consoles, and they can be continually updated instead of being left in the dust.

Good luck playing EASHL on the PC.

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

http://www.edge-online.com/news/ea-set-to-reveal-next-gen-fifa-and-battlefield/

Sounds like FIFA 14 will be next-gen (I've heard this from another source with a little bit of inside knowledge as well) but I'd be surprised if any other EA SPORTS game is, Madden and NHL included.

With that said, I'm not going to entirely rule it out. I really do think the devs had development kits for what, over a year now? It's just the NHL team is so small... I doubt they could release a current gen NHL 14 with new features and stuff and an NHL 14 on next-gen, which, God willing, will be a new / overhauled engine.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/22/2013 16:12:16

[Origin: LuGer33x] [Steam: LuGer33] [Xbox Live: LuGer33] [PSN: LuGer33x]
[WWW]

It will be interesting to see what they do with FIFA on the next gen system. Curious as to what differences we might see in comparison if they also release on this gen console as well. Just graphic improvements? or more?

Very interested...

[Avatar]

I have no real proof to back my statement but I feel like the NHL team has done everything they can physics wise on the current generation console. I disagree with people who think that the physics engine needs a complete overhaul. I'm hoping that EA has had the foresight of knowing that the new systems were coming and planned accordingly. Hopefully a ton of aspects of the game will be easily upgradable and ready to roll once the next gen consoles are released.

I just hope that whatever they do, NHL14 isn't just filler. I expect more innovations from the franchise this year.

[WWW]

^ i agree, that they did the best they could with what they had available. that's all that really matters in the long run anyway. i remember being blown away by nintendo after atari lol. can't even imagine what nhl on xbox 720 is gunna be like! exciting times to say the least. stoked.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/26/2013 04:16:15

[Avatar]

LuGer33 wrote:http://www.edge-online.com/news/ea-set-to-reveal-next-gen-fifa-and-battlefield/

Sounds like FIFA 14 will be next-gen (I've heard this from another source with a little bit of inside knowledge as well) but I'd be surprised if any other EA SPORTS game is, Madden and NHL included.

With that said, I'm not going to entirely rule it out. I really do think the devs had development kits for what, over a year now? It's just the NHL team is so small... I doubt they could release a current gen NHL 14 with new features and stuff and an NHL 14 on next-gen, which, God willing, will be a new / overhauled engine.

they said, in the ps4 presentation, that it was easier to make a game for the ps4 than the ps3.

This is an article that sums up how I feel about the next gen systems and the sports games we will see. Will we really see game improvements, or just better graphics? Like the article states, the next gen consoles seemed to be poised for social media platforms and the games will follow suit.

article: http://kotaku.com/5986555/ready-for-some-football-on-the-ps4-not-really-?tag=xbox-720

[Avatar]

hydroshubong wrote:they said, in the ps4 presentation, that it was easier to make a game for the ps4 than the ps3.

That's because anything they do to the system will be a huge improvement over PS3. They made a HUGE mistake putting "cell processors" into the PS3 but Sony insisted that it was the future of gaming. Now that they are returning to more conventional processors they're eating their words and "listening to the developers by asking what they wanted to see in a next gen console". Oh, Sony.

[WWW]

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

Wanted for 245 wrote:
hydroshubong wrote:they said, in the ps4 presentation, that it was easier to make a game for the ps4 than the ps3.

That's because anything they do to the system will be a huge improvement over PS3. They made a HUGE mistake putting "cell processors" into the PS3 but Sony insisted that it was the future of gaming. Now that they are returning to more conventional processors they're eating their words and "listening to the developers by asking what they wanted to see in a next gen console". Oh, Sony.

Unless Xbox Next or whatever really underwhelms, I'll be sticking with Microsoft and I'm sure most other Xbox fans will as well. Although that share feature is truly awesome, it's not enough for me to switch sides.

[Origin: LuGer33x] [Steam: LuGer33] [Xbox Live: LuGer33] [PSN: LuGer33x]
[WWW]
NHL Series  > NHL® Series General Discussion
Go to: