[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Xbox 360 Controller.  XML
Need for Speed World  > NFS World General Discussion

[Avatar]

Greatings.

I have a Xbox 360 Wireless controller for Windows, i know you can not configure the controles yet but...

For Some people the Controler works fine, triggers are mapped as Brake and Throttle, Left stick steers, and the XYAB buttons controle the Power-Ups.

But here the Controler does not work like that, the Left stick steers, LB button is Look Behind,RB button is Reset Car, and A is Throttle, X is Brake and B is Handbrake, all the other buttons dont even do anything at all.

Does anyone have an idea why i cant use it with the Triggers as Throttle and Brake etc. etc.?

p.s. receiver is plugged in and the controler is on before i start the game, also tried to turn on the controler after i started the game but everything remains the same

AMD Athlon X2 64 6400+ 3.2GHz, nForce 590SLI, 8GB DDR2-800, 2x GeForce 8800GT 512MB, Windows 7 64 bit

nfs.WhiteSnake wrote:Greatings.

I have a Xbox 360 Wireless controller for Windows, i know you can not configure the controles yet but...

For Some people the Controler works fine, triggers are mapped as Brake and Throttle, Left stick steers, and the XYAB buttons controle the Power-Ups.

But here the Controler does not work like that, the Left stick steers, LB button is Look Behind,RB button is Reset Car, and A is Throttle, X is Brake and B is Handbrake, all the other buttons dont even do anything at all.

Does anyone have an idea why i cant use it with the Triggers as Throttle and Brake etc. etc.?

p.s. receiver is plugged in and the controler is on before i start the game, also tried to turn on the controler after i started the game but everything remains the same

the only thing i would try after that is to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them and hope that somehow that would make it work.

[Avatar]

I agree with f001, go to microsoft's website or google the 360 controller driver for a download. Mine worked fine the first time (luckily becuase i hate using the keyboard for racing games).
Also, was your controller connected before you launched the game?

Custom Build:
P5N-D Mobo
2.6 Ghz Core 2 Duo CPU (overclocked)
A heatsink the size of my head
SLI 8800 GT's
4GB 800 Mhz Corsair RAM
550 W PSU
Still not enough chassis fans.....

[Avatar]

I already had the latest driver/software installed for it, but i uninstalled the drivers, than uninstalled the software and rebooted, redownloaded the driver packadge again from Microsoft and reinstalled it, plug the remote back in, drivers installed, turned the controler on, drivers installed, and started the game, no change

Controler works fine with every other game from Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed to Need For Speed Shift.

Like i said only Steering works, Throttle and Braking go with A and X, Handbrake is B, Look Behind is LB, and Reset Car is RB, rest of the buttons dont do anything and i have to use the Keyboard to use Powerups etc.
Verry anoying especaily in a race because you have to let go of the throttle or steering to push the keyboard.

AMD Athlon X2 64 6400+ 3.2GHz, nForce 590SLI, 8GB DDR2-800, 2x GeForce 8800GT 512MB, Windows 7 64 bit

I have the same problem. I use the wireless 360-controller, and I can´t use the triggers or control the power-ups from the controller. I have installed the latest drivers from Mircosoft, and the controller works fine with other games. I´m on Windows 7 32-bits.

[Avatar]

Yeah, its just weird that for some the controler works fine with the trigers and the powerups are on the 4 buttons, and for some it doesnt, wonder why

[Avatar]

Hey guys, the only controller currently supported for World is the keyboard. While you can play World with the 360 controller, not all the functionality is there yet as the game is tuned for the keyboard.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/07/2010 11:42:19

Hey Kirk, I remember in one of your podcasts you were looking for feedback on what wheels were using and if they worked... I'm using a Logitech Driving Force Wireless and it would rock if that was supported in the final version (I understand that it's not supported now). Currently, I get nothing from it in NFSW.

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/gaming/wheels/devices/4565

It's cheap, but it's generic and small enough to set up quickly and easily. Thx!
Need for Speed World  > NFS World General Discussion
Go to: