[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Roster and Ratings Discussion : Dallas Cowboys  XML
Madden NFL Series  > Madden NFL Roster and Ratings Discussion

[Avatar]

I'll be very upset if Romo's consistency isn't raised.

Is the cowboys overall still 84?

[Avatar]

yup, but overall means nothing in this game, I wish people would stop talking about it...

[Avatar]

if you wanna see a true overall just make sure all the starters are active in the depth chart and start a franchise and it will show the real overall for a team based on ratings unlike the fan voted ones that Donny writes based on popularity

"We can clap at this amateur pace If that's what's crackin Or we can play this on All Madden" -Jay-Z (People Talkin)

ss

[Avatar]

Really, really tough loss.

Didn't really see any standouts that should get a ratings boost

Probably a few defensive players that could go down, but I put that loss mainly on coaching.

Biggest homers:
c00lpepper

[Avatar]

Yet another update goes by and there is no love for our Center Costa. The protection the line has given Romo and the run game has been outstanding. And I am talking about all the games before the Cards game since that is when this last update was given. Lots have been missed in the updates but Costa still down with an overall of 68 is BS

[Avatar]

xSWIx Draco wrote:Yet another update goes by and there is no love for our Center Costa. The protection the line has given Romo and the run game has been outstanding. And I am talking about all the games before the Cards game since that is when this last update was given. Lots have been missed in the updates but Costa still down with an overall of 68 is BS

Sorry man I hate to disagree with you, but I have to disagree with an increase for Costa, Romo got killed yesterday, the line gave up a season high of five sacks and Costa had a lot to do with it. Also I watched the game and most of the sacks and pressure came right up the middle. Costa is also still having problems with the snap and Murray only had 38 yards and I think it's because he was getting hit in the backfield. Costa really has not been doing as well as I thought before.

I have to call for this because it is fair but Free and Costa need to come down again in pass blocking and run blocking. Newman needs to go down in man coverage and speed he got beat by scrubs.

Unfortunately Bailey will not get that "clutch" rating and tat would be fair. Kicking accuracy needs to come down. hope he is not going to start slumping. Mike Jenkins played well though that's a relief so did Dez and Robinson. Ratlif and Hatcher had amazing games in the first half.

The only really consistent player on the team has been Romo 299 yards and 1 TD no INT's. waste of a good statline. I still think he should be 3/5 stars.

It's hard to rate players on this team. One week they are up the next week they are down. Very inconsistent.

But you never know what your gonna get with them, who knows how they will play next week or the week after.

[Avatar]

dude you really didnt read what i put. costa has been at 68 from the start and i did say before the cardinals game. that game was a complete milt down. the protection index has them in 7th thats the whole o-line. it was our coach that iced bailey he made the kick before the timeout

[Avatar]

I see what you are saying about Costa playing ok on the run they had before... but was his performance better than a 68? I say after watching the last game no, he still is not playing well this year to be raised out of the 60's. Even if it's considered a melt down from the past weeks then for the week he should be dropped and I say that would be fair. Free has just regressed and this has been going on all year, he was good last year but he just really misses a lot of blocks from ends now. If Romo didn't develop that spin move he does a few times every game he would be getting sacked 8 times a game.

I do agree that on both field goals missed by Bailey that the coach didn't help him out, but he should have still been able to kick them through if he is a clutch player. Even if Garrett calls the time out when he made the first one...then make it again. I still say Bailey has done well but even if he is decreased in kick accuracy he is still considered a good kicker with good accuracy in madden. He has gotten a lot of increases in the past weeks.

I'm not completely down on them even after this loss. Don't take me wrong on the decrease suggestions. I think I have to look at it this way. When the season started we were supposed to be 3rd in the East with Philly one and the Giants two and the Cowboys and Redskins way behind unless they play lights out. I say after a 6-10 season we have some great things to build upon and we are still controlling our own destiny being at the top of the division. But to be realistic the team still has some major problems with the offensive line, defense and offense, and the same type of performance from certain players that really needed to step up this year. Also there are still the bad choices, Scandrick's penalty that took away Dez's punt return. (Dez is now the #1 on punts looks like) Costa's late snaps and allowing blitzes up the middle. Newman is still playing around a 85+ corner one week and then 85- corner the next, and we already know about Garrets time outs & playcalling.

But again I say they still have some great things to build upon. Murray for one, even if he didn't go over 40, he still is a very big bright spot and I say Garret needs to treat him like a feature back. 12 rushes is way too low for him. Robinson and Dez had good games 80+ for Dez and a TD, Robinson has come on as a solid 3rd and he is young. I say he's a major upgrade from Crayton & Williams when we had them as 3rd. Then the best thing I still like is the play by Romo this year. Even in this loss was it a pick or a fumble by him? No... great stat line 299 and a TD. I think if Garrett can get his head together he is close to being able to manage Romo and team in the right way. My ideal management is this.... When Romo is hot let him sling it, but if he starts the Favre stuff like in the Lions game and throws a pick then get conservative and go with Murray or kicks by Bailey. It's like he is too conservative all game right now.

Again we went 6-10 last year and are 7-5 now, as a Cowboy's fan even after this loss I still have to admit we have improved. Even when we do get decreases this week we can get it back later on.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/06/2011 10:11:04

sj

[Avatar]

murray looks like he's playing with/hiding a lower body injury and felix jones getting some extra snaps further validated my belief

bailey had a horrible game, but it was one bad game out of 12 so I say leave him alone

offensive line got beat bad

coaches, both ryan and garret lost the game

every week this team is handcuffed from being all out explosive on both sides of the ball. offense has the sorriest plays based on down and distance. No screens to rb, but they'd rather have the fb run outside flats on whatever and long

on 3rd and shorts all the receivers are running 10 yards before they look for the ball, but on 3rd and longs all the receivers are running 1 yard out routes.

garret is so scared to let this team crush opponents he plays JUST ENOUGH to try an win, just like he said in his post game conference relating to the kick. He basically admitted he plays not to lose and we all know that never works in the playoffs, so why should you do it every week in regular season?

as for Ryan, his D schemes are becoming a joke. I've said it for years, stop playing soft zone d with the CBs and let them press. Opposing qbs know they will always have a free pass to a wr with the CB playing off. Playing not to lose gives up 5 yard catches turned into 10 yard gains and just a long drive for a score.

If you're going to let the receiver have a free practice run at his routes, why even send the blitz? By the time our guys get off the line the ball is already going to a wr. The secondary coverages are contradicting the pass rushing schemes.

Playing to lose is not a good mindset to be in as you saw what happened to Parcells. Always underachieved.

I miss Zimmer and Sean Payton, both who did more with less and weren't scared to attack.

What's the point of sticking with this bs zone defensive scheme when you're continually getting beat? I don't care if the coaches don't like man defense(imo it's the best way to judge each individual on defense and the best way to stop pass happy teams), you're not going to play any worse trying something different that be stubborn and keep playing your bs until it works once or twice.

Ever since that eagles game our defensive schemes have gone soft big time, all year long garret has no faith in the offense or any play that attacks the defense.

I like Garret and Ryan, but if they're really not stupid they're making me believe more and more the league is rigged.

Every year we hear "we get better as the season goes along". At what point do they decide that around week 12 they should not be having the same problems as they had in week 1. Every damn year after the SB run it's been the same bs and apparently no one's going to learn.

And jerry is not the problem anymore, if you are clueless on this then nothing needs to be said.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/06/2011 14:35:43

sj

[Avatar]

Good point, Murray might be playing hurt but I still think it's Garrett and his conservative nature with the team that put his carries down. It's like if the players do not perform great in the first half he abandons the game plan a goes scared. I think he has a huge problem with faith in his players and that makes no sense, (He picked these players to play for him)running backs need more carries how many times have we seen Rice or Gore or any good running back get stuffed early but then later on make a big run. He has to stick with the run and not jump to pass.

My opinion on Garrett is he came from the 90's Cowboy era and saw that team run so efficiently in the timing system and also a front running & dominant system he doesn't know how to deal with players that are not that way. I'm off the subject a little bit here, but I think when you have players like Romo, Dez, Murray and even Austin you have to take the good with the bad right now. I think the strong point of the offense is playing by the seat of your pants. We wish they were more like the triplets constant machine running offense but this team is better when they are improvising and playing street ball or playing on instinct or when things break down. Garrett needs to to adapt to that but he has been in this offense for 7 or 8 years and he keeps trying to make them fit in his system which I think is more robotic & timing patterns and like the 90's Cowboys. Not saying fire him but why keep trying to put structure in players that work well when things are not structured? That's why I say let Romo be who he is, let Dez do what he does best and fit that into your system and hope it works. It's better than what he is trying now. Payton let Brees be Brees, Mcarthy let Rodgers be who he is, Holmgren learned to work with Favre and adapted to his play as well and Favre became one of the best. I just don't see that type of thing with Garrett and Romo. Too much control.

That also goes with Ryan and the defense, you are right if Newman, Jenkins and Scandrick are better at man than zone he should play it even if it doesn't fit the system. But I do have ask. Why would the coaches hamstring themselves by trying to hurt their own players with schemes that don't fit them? Maybe one point could be the players are just not performing up to the standards they should be. Look at the Texans, Wade has made them great even without Mario Williams. Maybe it really is these current players are very inconsistent and some of them just are what they are. But again I agree things have to change if it's not working in a scheme sense.

When it comes to Jerry I say right now it's not his fault with how they play on the field but he has made this type of environment, and hired the staff so yeah he still gets the blame in my book. Great owner that doesn't know how to be hands off & let the staff do what they do comfortably...kind of like Garrett's personality with coaching in my opinion. But you never know this could work in a dysfunctional way. I'm just trying to stay positive. What else can I do I'm not gonna start hating the team.

the defense played well minus one play on overtime. newman ratings drop but an increase for jenkins should be in order he actually performed well. the value of fiametta is immense he sshould get a bump just because the run game has struggled with him gone lol. dez bryant boost and jessie holley boost also
Madden NFL Series  > Madden NFL Roster and Ratings Discussion
Go to: