[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Roster and Ratings Discussion : Dallas Cowboys  XML
Madden NFL Series  > Madden NFL Roster and Ratings Discussion

[Avatar]

InTheZone wrote:this whole sensitive leadering bs is annoying as hell.

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there. Perception, just like this false negative perception of Jones ruining everything.

Jerry is letting Garrett call the shots, something Jerry hasn't done before.

Our biggest problem is Rob Ryan and Garrett playing JUST ENOUGH to win games, instead of playing to kill.

I agree
[Email] [Yahoo!]

[Avatar]

c00lpepper wrote:Here is a realistic assessment; what did you expect this year?

Coming off of a lockout with so many changes, the season was never going to be easy for you. New DC, new HC, albeit one who had been with the team for sometime as OC and took over half way through the previous season.

So not only have you had to implement a completely new defensive scheme post lockout, but your HC is overseeing his first season in the position also whilst still maintaining play calling duties. The lock out is the same for every team, but not every team had such significant changes going on throughout their team and organisation.

Big changes on the Oline also and coming off a 6-10 season.

This year you have progressed to 8-8 and had you been told before the season started that come the last game of the season you would be playing for the division title, you all would have taken that. Its progression. Not always can you do a 49ers and go from one of the worst to one of the first seeds and just because that doesn't happen doesn't mean that the season is a failure.

I think you are also struggling to settle into your new stadium, like us in many ways as we were 4-4 at home this season and im not sure on your record but you obviously lost to us, Phili and the Lions off the top of my head.

Jerry Jones is more an annoyance than a cause of any problems imo. He had a good draft this year getting some players in who started straight away and contributed big time, especially Smith and Murray. Jerry likes to flatter his ego and maintain a high public presence what with his radio show and post game press conferences, but he doesn't realise that really all he is doing is creating an additional swarm around the team and ergo more pressure to perform.

He is always shown at the games also and mainly because its hilarious when things go wrong and he is so obviously stressed, disappointed and pissed off. He wants to win, but he wants to be a part of it to flatter his ego and big himself up. If he took more of a backseat and wasn't always so visible it would make things easier for the coaches and team.

If he feels the need to come down to speak to the coach during a game then clearly he doesn't trust the guy to do the job he hired him to do and ergo should sack him and hire someone he can leave to it. He likes to interfere though, so the sooner he realises that doing so comes across as a lack of trust between him and the coaching staff the better it will be for your organisation.

When you had Murray fit your offense was much more balanced. Felix Jones is not an every down back so you need to find someone who can split carries and/or takeover for Murray should he get injured then sprinkle in Felix Jones with 5-10 touches a game.

You are obviously gutted about the way the season ended and might want to point fingers at your D but like i say it was in year 1 of its existence after the lockout and we ourselves had big problems defensively with lots of rookies coming in and it just being too complex for even the vets. This is year 3 of our scheme.

Simplifying it allowed us to get back to somewhere nearer where we should be rather than just being gassed against the run and pass.

Your D might not have been great down the stretch but to be fair our offense it pretty good. Eli was 67 yards shy of 5000 so it wasn't only you he shredded.

Jerry needs to leave JG to it this year and you will probably progress further again. There is a lot of talent and competition in the division now so next year another 9-7 or 10-6 will probably win it again. You are not that far off.

OH MY GOD! COOLPEPPER WROTE THIS? I read this on my iphone email and it didnt say who posted it. This is the most decent thing Coolpepper has ever said
[Email] [Yahoo!]

Like i said, no one person should be rating players! The numbers tell the story! Romo 31 TDs 10 Ints. Vick a 91 overall. 18 TDs 14 Ints. Dont tell me its based on performance, cause i cant tell! Vick is one of a couple QBs that SHOULD NOT be rated in the 90's. He had more weapons this year than last, yet Vick is rated as a Top QB!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/06/2012 09:50:17

well once again no updates to the boys not even signings. cb mario butler and others please should be added next week

Justin Taplin-Ross and Mario Butler need to be added.

[Avatar]

Very excited about our signings (Carr and Connor especially).

CB - Brandon Carr (age 25, May 19) - CONTRACT: 5yr $50.1 Million, $26.5 Million Guaranteed
QB - Kyle Orton (age 30, Nov 19) - CONTRACT: 3yr $10.5 Million, $5 Million Signing Bonus
FB - Lawrenence Vickers (age 28, May - CONTRACT: 2yr $2.4 Million, $200,000 Signing Bonus
OG - Mackenzy Bernadeau (age 26, Jan 3) - CONTRACT: 4yr $11 Million, $3.5 Million Signing Bonus
S - Brodney Pool (age 27, May 24) - CONTRACT: 1yr $1.2 Million, $100,000 Signing Bonus
ILB - Dan Connor - (age 26, Nov 2) - CONTRACT: 2yr $6.5 million
OG - Nate Livings - (age 30, March 16)- CONTRACT: 5yr $19 million, $6.2 million Guaranteed
WR - Kevin Olgetree - CONTRACT: 1YR $700,000

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/17/2012 12:23:28

[Avatar]

WR teddy Williams moving to cornerback next season says rob Phillips on twitter someone make sur Donny sees this

Biggest homers:
c00lpepper

Well Well Well.... After being denied for a week trying to log in I finally get in. Brandon Carr 57 PRESS RATING!?!? You do know that he's known as a press corner right? By LIKE EVERYBODY THATS TALKED ABOUT HIM!!!

It would shock me if Teddy Makes the roster. Practice squad at best, but you gotta love 97 speed 6'3 at corner. If he's not an idiot. LOL

Hopefully Vickers makes an impact at fb to? The one they got now sucks in the game. I hope I can tell a big difference. One guys low 70's other guy is low 80's.

[Avatar]

Sddn wrote:It would shock me if Teddy Makes the roster. Practice squad at best, but you gotta love 97 speed 6'3 at corner. If he's not an idiot. LOL

Hell stick around on the practice squad just like last year, for whatever reason Donny put's him on the roster (It seems liek Donny just kinda picks and chooses people to put on the official game roster) So I hope to see him on there as a CB so I can put him at safety.

Biggest homers:
c00lpepper

I love Laurent Robinson in the game and real life but it's gonna be fun if Holmes or Radway make an impact this year. Both are big and from what I heard Radway is faster then his madden speed. Although speed and football speed are different.

[Avatar]

Teddy williams moving to corner

Some please make sure Donny makes this change!

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=C2061272-94A6-7F6D-3A2E374FF2A1655B

Biggest homers:
c00lpepper

[size=18]Well i've been waiting a long time to say this but to be absolutely honest the entire cowboys team except dez bryant miles ausdtin and demarcus ware and stephen mcgee are incredibly overrated.
Starting at the beginning with Tony Romo he is honestly one of the worst quarterbacks in the league there is a reason he didnt get drafted his overall rating should be at the highest a 75 he is not accurate in important situations and makes very bad decisions throwing the ball.
Felix Jones isnt that good he might be sort of fast but what has he done in the recent years to deserve his rating?
Terrance Newman should be rated a 40 he is constantly getting beat and he refuses to tackle anybody why is he on the team?
But despite all of this Dez bryant is an elite reciever and should be rewarded for it wit a rating of at least 94 he has great speed jumping route running and hands and constantly makes big plays.
stephen mcgee should be rated higher than tony romo look at the tape it is self explanitory.[/size]

[Avatar]

[quote=joeyiyess]stephen mcgee should be rated higher than tony romo look at the tape it is self explanitory.[/quote]

I can't tell if posts in this place are serious or jokes anymore...

Biggest homers:
c00lpepper
Madden NFL Series  > Madden NFL Roster and Ratings Discussion
Go to: