[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Any News (Official) About Sims 4?  XML
The Sims Medieval  > Village Outskirts

Wondering if anyone from Sims 3 or other Sim sites have read anything new about Sims 4 teaser trailers being released soon? There are rummors we may see one by July.

I have seen sites that report EA has registered the Domain Name for the Sims 4 website. That is about all I know so far.

Wish they would have that up and running for some sneek peeks at the game.

Wondering if there are any 'leaks' about the game's content, game play etc., how far away is it until it is released, and when we might actually get a teaser video?

Bumping this up so someone might read it and answer because the stupid ads are back and pushing it to the bottom.

I heard they registered the domain names up through sims 10! Don't know anything official , but, I'm looking foward to sims 4 with much hopes and curiousity. Maybe it's because I feel sims 3 is a let down. I have a lot of hopes for sims 4. Ironically, I've spent Way more on sims 3 than all the others (The store stuff) , even though I have just about all of the sims 1 , 2 , 3 and all EP's etc.

Forum Admin
[Avatar]

Hey Simmers!
I agree that they should make The Sims 4, that would be awesome! Make sure to keep an eye on The Sims website for any updates or announcements. I have included a link to The Sims official site below:

http://thesims.ea.com/

-DaPrez-

Visit us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/EA-Customer-Support/48228353146

Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/AskEASupport

Well, Thank you DaPrez!

I hadn't seen that link before nor that site. I usually just go to the individual games' websites. Thank you for the link. I will surely check it often to look for news about Sims 4 and any other Sims games.

There is no doubt I will buy Sims 4 when it is released just to see what it is about, too. Been a Simmer from way back and always curious what is new concerning 'The Sims.'

I would really look forward to SIMS 4 if I thought it would actually work right out of the box without any major patches or fixes when I first install it. Is that even possible? I don't want any new SIMS platforms until they can do that.

Sims games will always need patches, no matter what. I know that isn't much of a reputation for EA by saying that but c'mon look at other games.

They get patches, too. I remember complaint after complaint on the NWN forums about a patch several years ago.
Just about every game I ever bought has to have patches, and I am talking hundreds of them from time management games, to tycoon games, to MMOs, Adventure games, 1st and 3rd person games, even just little blow up bubble games.

Not everything in Sims games are gonna go right. I think some see bugs in a Sims game where others don't even realize it exists because of the freedom in other Sims games that allow the player to play their way. It is very possible in Sims games for one to see a bug and another not because no two players play the same way, ever. Therefore it is very easy for the Quality Control person that reviews the game to never see it either before it's release.

But once it is known it is a bug then yes, there should be a patch. However, you have to test that patch on several different pc setups and considering a budget, not all pcs and video cards, and drivers, and processors and SLI setups and so forth are going be tested with that patch. That is why you will see some not have the bug anymore and some will.

These things should be tested in beta before they ever come on the market, this includes patches. Really, if you put out a call for beta testers for a SIMS game, several thousand would apply and you wouldn't have to pay them a thing and you'd get all kinds of systems. If you then collected data from each machine as to how well the game functioned (my browser does that) then I'm sure you'd have a pretty good picture of what worked and what didn't. It would basically cost nothing to do this.
I'm a little tired of spending hard earned money on 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th best; then shrugging and saying well, it always has bugs. Why do we have to accept that? I do a very physical very hard job. I have to put in 7 or 8 hours worth of work to pay for some of these games that only sorta work. Would EA accept it if I only sorta paid for it? They wouldn't put up with that so why should I?
What happened to putting out the best you can, instead of putting out whatever as fast as possible? In this economy I don't have money to waste anymore, so I want the best product I can get for the money that I can delegate to, or save up for, falderal.
What's wrong with demanding a company put their best effort into something?
One or two patches I will abide, but when succeeding patches do nothing more than screw up the works, I look askance at it. I have no objections to game updates and patches; especially when there are EPs and SPs; but really we're up to 3 with TSM and it's still pretty bad.
Quality should always outweigh quantity in the end. So come on EA; why are you willing to settle for this kind of reputation?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/02/2011 08:39:56

ladyskye wrote:These things should be tested in beta before they ever come on the market, this includes patches. Really, if you put out a call for beta testers for a SIMS game, several thousand would apply and you wouldn't have to pay them a thing and you'd get all kinds of systems. If you then collected data from each machine as to how well the game functioned (my browser does that) then I'm sure you'd have a pretty good picture of what worked and what didn't. It would basically cost nothing to do this.
I'm a little tired of spending hard earned money on 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th best; then shrugging and saying well, it always has bugs. Why do we have to accept that? I do a very physical very hard job. I have to put in 7 or 8 hours worth of work to pay for some of these games that only sorta work. Would EA accept it if I only sorta paid for it? They wouldn't put up with that so why should I?
What happened to putting out the best you can, instead of putting out whatever as fast as possible? In this economy I don't have money to waste anymore, so I want the best product I can get for the money that I can delegate to, or save up for, falderal.
What's wrong with demanding a company put their best effort into something?
One or two patches I will abide, but when succeeding patches do nothing more than screw up the works, I look askance at it. I have no objections to game updates and patches; especially when there are EPs and SPs; but really we're up to 3 with TSM and it's still pretty bad.
Quality should always outweigh quantity in the end. So come on EA; why are you willing to settle for this kind of reputation?

I agree totally with what you've said. My sims 3 would always end up with game breakable problems by generation 3. No matter how many times I'd uninstall reinstall I'd end up with save errors by a certain stage. I got sick of it and gave the game and 2 expansions to my sister.

I think Ea settles for quantity over quality as there are always the die hard fans that will throw money at EA regardless.

WolfauarRose,
I agree there will always be those that defend EA no matter what and praise them in threads (on other Sims sites) with 'how we should be thankful' EA 'gave' us a game.

That type of blind allegiance is worrisome to me to think young whipper snappers think a company is 'giving' them anything.

I would say I am not in that group just didn't like Sims 3, bought it, played it, didn't like it. Never went ahead and added any EPs for it. Just couldn't get into it. Not as much freedom in the game to play my way as there was in The Sims or Sims 2. Never bought Sims Life Stories, Pet Stories or any of the other Sim gamses that were spin offs of Sims 2. Not my cup of tea. So, no I wouldn't say I am one that goes ahead and just throws money at their feet and many others like me don't like a lot about Sims 3, other the other Sims games either.

But since Sims 2 is over, and I didn't like Sims 3 when it was released, and TSM isn't a real Sims' game per se, I am looking forward to see if I would like Sims 4.

I miss Sims 1

[Avatar]

I no longer buy or play Sims games nor anything else made by EA, it is the only protest available to us and I'm using it. I'll spend my money elsewhere. This thread is nearly a year old, troll.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/05/2012 07:31:59

I don't just embrace insanity. I embrace it, cop a feel, french it, buy it a drink, drag it home for sex, spank it, and lock it up in the basement until morning!

[Avatar]

I'm with you, I vote with my wallet and my wallet says NO to EA, forever. They brought this on themselves by ignoring their customers. Hope they go bankrupt for all I care.

Play Skyrim, MUCH better game.

I have also heard rumors about the sims 4. I began searching a little bit, and i felt over this website ( http://simsvip.com/?p=3964 ) if you scrool a bit down you'll see that there are a video with a demo of the sims 4. There are discution about, that it is real or a fake video disite yourself.

Sorry for my bad english.
Website again: http://simsvip.com/?p=3964

ss of video
[img]http://i45.tinypic.com/25i4r4o.jpg[/img]

[url]

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 05/20/2012 16:44:50

I really loved The Sims 2, totally enjoyed that game a lot in the past. But i passed The Sims 3. Hopefully, this latest series will be mind blowing. I heard this game is gonna be an open-world game. Fingers crossed for that!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/14/2014 04:01:57

Wohoo.. I'm getting new barbel next month. Lol

Tumblr | Pinterest | http://www.gametabletz
The Sims Medieval  > Village Outskirts
Go to: