[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
role of "athlete"  XML
NCAA Football Series  > NCAA Football Series Tips & Tricks

What is the role of "Athlete"? Can this person be used at multiple positions?

You can choose what position everyone plays and most people are good at only one position while athletes are good or decent at multiple positions.

[Avatar]

I've found that you can steal some good players this way. I needed a good CB, but none of them wanted to come my way. i found a 5* Ath that did, and he just happened to turn into a monster 92OVR CB.

thanks TheNickster17 for the sweet sig!
http://www.lusogamer.com/profile/live?gamertag=chang1701
[Email]

Have found most are HB, WR, SS or FS. Saying that did get a 4* turn out to be a QB. Also was better then the 4* i got to be my starter.

[Avatar]

I think most of them end up being WR's and RB's, but you never know.

I also noticed that it seems easier to snag a high caliber ATH for the position you need.

phipfwe76 wrote:I think most of them end up being WR's and RB's, but you never know.

I also noticed that it seems easier to snag a high caliber ATH for the position you need.

ahh, but I figured out how you do know.
When you invite them to a campus visit, there is a page that says, people visiting this week, and it will say Joe Smith, DE Valdosta, GA. Just to make up a name and position and home town. If you know your ATH's name and home town, you can learn where his strength lies by looking to see what it says he is best suited to play when he makes his campus visit. Because it will say the Position not ATH, for the visiting prospect.

Regards

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/23/2011 05:58:33

[Avatar]

I got a 5 star ATH and he turned out to be a 87 OVR QB he was just nasty! 87 speed 80 AWR 93 THP 86 THA

his orignial postion was HB/

Only the dead have seen the end of war-Plato
[WWW]

I find the ATH position almost useless unless you're looking for a CB, WR QB or RB. I mean there are hardly any big ath guys who would play on the line. And they few that they do have only play one side (mostly defense). So far I haven't seen any o-line/d-line ath guys.

Also there is no variety in the position the guys play, where are the LB or DE/FB or TE ath? Where are the RB/safey ath? FSU recruit James Wilder Jr. was equally recruited by big school as LB and RB why are their no such guy in the NCAA recruits.

Its like the devs don't follow real life football at all once the game ends. The ath who wind up as QBs are only QBs its like the devs don't know that its thousands of guys in HS who play QB and some defensive position. Why not have guys who kick and play other positions. Tom Tupa played punter and QB in the nfl in the 90's 2000's so throw in a rare of of those kinda ath players.

Could switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance? Is letting Ian Cummings direct your football game a bad idea?

Typically, Athletes seem to be best suited for RB, QB, CB or a safety position. I have noticed this year, more athletes that are bigger. I actually got a couple of athletes, one was 6-2, 230 and the other was about the same height and was about 245. One became a MLB and the other a DE and they were both pretty decent.

Thanos377 wrote:Typically, Athletes seem to be best suited for RB, QB, CB or a safety position. I have noticed this year, more athletes that are bigger. I actually got a couple of athletes, one was 6-2, 230 and the other was about the same height and was about 245. One became a MLB and the other a DE and they were both pretty decent.

But did they have an offensive position as well? at 6-2 230 they would easily be FB or TE, it seems the devs don't really want to spend time making a decent amount a 2 way players other than wr/cb

Could switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance? Is letting Ian Cummings direct your football game a bad idea?

I certainly think a "cool" thing they could add for ATH recruits would be a star rating by position, so when you look at the recruits details or ratings it would say something like 5* ATH, 5* FS, 3* WR...... so at least you had an indication of what positions they played in HS and which they are "best" at. In RL that is how it works and also in RTG this year you get separate * ratings for two positions

[Avatar]

Sometimes I find them annoying.

For example, I just noticed I still need a TE for the upcoming season. I go search tight ends and 7 of the first 10 listed are athletes. So they COULD be put at TE but there's no guarantee they're going to be any good at it.

When recruiting an Athelite always look at their ratings and you can tell exactly what they are gonna play. If it lists their catching as like a B+ then u know they are a receiver, if they are showing coverage ratings you know they are a DB etc.

And in the off-season you can change every players position on your roster so they do have a purpose if they have good ratings to plug in as a position you need.

When you recruit an ATH, you must have him set on some position before season starts. You can not have ATH on your active roster. But like it's said here, most ATH:s are skill position players. Most are RB, WR or DB, some QB, and few TE/FB. Of course you can use him in different positions during season, like 2nd RB and 3rd CB, no matter what his official position is.

What I like about ATH:s is that you can easily change their position after every season to fill your depth chart, so there is no real issues to recruit a player to fill in. One ATH I had played four seasons in NCAA12, and every season he played different position. From WR to QB to HB to CB. And he was playing both O and D in all seasons, and returned kicks as well.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/27/2012 03:38:41

I got a 4 star athlete that was a QB and had 93 speed and started him as a true freshman over my heisman candidate senior. He went on to break every NCAA single season rushing stat : P
NCAA Football Series  > NCAA Football Series Tips & Tricks
Go to: