[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
EASHL Challenges Not Ranked?  XML
NHL Series  > NHL® Series General Discussion
Author Message



[Avatar]
Joined: 06/27/2009 11:52:37
Messages: 665
Location: Medicine Hat, AB
Offline

I don't see an "NHL Online" section this year which kind of puzzles me. So I'll just post here.

I'm disappointed that the club challenges this year for EASHL will be unranked. Last year we had an intense rivalry between our club and a former club I was on. The games were intense, the atmosphere was great, all because we knew the game counted towards your record. I understand WHY this move was done, but I don't agree with it. Once again a case where the cheaters ruin things for the legit users and EA can't let that happen IMO.

Why not just ban players/teams who are found to be win trading, instead of removing a great feature? Surely you can see whose doing it by looking at club histories. Even I can look something suspicious like that up.

Just a little disappointed when I read this yesterday since we have a couple good rivalries. But now they may not want to play as much if the games don't count.

The whole point of a club "challenge" is to be challenging. If it's unranked, it's basically an exhibition game.

Just my thoughts. I understand the problem, but now the legit users who enjoyed club challenges have an issue.






[Avatar]
Joined: 07/21/2010 02:05:32
Messages: 85
Offline

I agree with you completely man.

Last year our club was more or less casual for awhile so we did mostly pick up games, guys weren't playing like 5 hours a day etc... Challenges helped us match up with teams mroe in our league, where if we did find matches, we're keep getting smoked by elite teams while we're low on the totem pole amateur.

This was also handy if the two teams got disconnected somehow and they wanted a rematch to be good sports about it.

I'd have no issue with this if the 'find match' worked better and was far more fair at choosing opponents.

Why not just limit the amount of games two teams can play against each other per day/week/month?
Or let people pick from two different skill pools like before in NHL 10 when there were the amateur teams and elites or whatever, so the elites can't challenge but the amateur can?



[Avatar]
Joined: 06/27/2009 11:52:37
Messages: 665
Location: Medicine Hat, AB
Offline

Scoje- wrote:I agree with you completely man.

Last year our club was more or less casual for awhile so we did mostly pick up games, guys weren't playing like 5 hours a day etc... Challenges helped us match up with teams mroe in our league, where if we did find matches, we're keep getting smoked by elite teams while we're low on the totem pole amateur.

This was also handy if the two teams got disconnected somehow and they wanted a rematch to be good sports about it.

I'd have no issue with this if the 'find match' worked better and was far more fair at choosing opponents.

Why not just limit the amount of games two teams can play against each other per day/week/month?
Or let people pick from two different skill pools like before in NHL 10 when there were the amateur teams and elites or whatever, so the elites can't challenge but the amateur can?


There were several alternatives EA could've used to avoid eliminating it all together. I'm not sure why they didn't just allow 3 club challenges per week as you said, or something like that.

You bring up a good point with club matching though. There's no way a NA team should be matched up against a EUR team! You will ALWAYS have lag in those games, and there should be a system in place to ensure that NA plays NA and EUR plays EUR. There are enough people playing this game from all countries to make that happen.

Again, just my personal feelings.







Joined: 09/12/2008 23:01:42
Messages: 1183
Offline

It's another case of EA underestimating the intensity of the EASHL community. They always suggest playing unranked games or OTP (or the cash cow HUT). However, all of these things pale in comparison (IMO) to a 6v6 ranked eashl game between two similarly skilled teams.



[Avatar]
Joined: 01/03/2008 05:18:55
Messages: 3332
Offline

If given 3 challenges a week that is still 12 easy wins that could be traded to a team making a difference for some. Blame the people who abused the system and not EA.

TWF Specialist - Gods of Puck - Xbox


Developer
[Avatar]
Joined: 09/07/2010 14:40:46
Messages: 1891
Offline

There were far too many times we had to investigate cheaters who would belong to one club, leave that one and create a "farm" team and have their original club challenge them for an easy few wins, delete that farm club and create new ones and repeat. If they do this constantly it’s pretty easy to tell that they are cheating, but if they did it once or twice a week it really made it difficult to prove they are cheating, plus they are working their way higher and higher on the leaderboards in the meantime. If you are a casual club that just wants to play against some friends you can still do that.




Joined: 08/02/2011 16:17:42
Messages: 150
Offline

EA_HLT wrote:There were far too many times we had to investigate cheaters who would belong to one club, leave that one and create a "farm" team and have their original club challenge them for an easy few wins, delete that farm club and create new ones and repeat. If they do this constantly it’s pretty easy to tell that they are cheating, but if they did it once or twice a week it really made it difficult to prove they are cheating, plus they are working their way higher and higher on the leaderboards in the meantime. If you are a casual club that just wants to play against some friends you can still do that.


Sounds reasonable to me. Sucks that people ruin the game by cheating........ As long as the DNF no points thing is gone im happy.



[Avatar]
Joined: 09/27/2007 08:39:09
Messages: 708
Location: Obbola, Sweden
Offline

EA_HLT wrote:There were far too many times we had to investigate cheaters who would belong to one club, leave that one and create a "farm" team and have their original club challenge them for an easy few wins, delete that farm club and create new ones and repeat. If they do this constantly it’s pretty easy to tell that they are cheating, but if they did it once or twice a week it really made it difficult to prove they are cheating, plus they are working their way higher and higher on the leaderboards in the meantime. If you are a casual club that just wants to play against some friends you can still do that.


Makes total sense since "Play a friend" in vs. isn't ranked.
[WWW]




Joined: 08/02/2011 18:04:43
Messages: 86
Offline

Stew514 wrote:It's another case of EA underestimating the intensity of the EASHL community. They always suggest playing unranked games or OTP (or the cash cow HUT). However, all of these things pale in comparison (IMO) to a 6v6 ranked eashl game between two similarly skilled teams.


Uh no, it's another case of people being scumbags with no sense of sportsmanship ruining it for the (seemingly) few who actually respect their opponent and the sport of hockey (virtual or otherwise)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/26/2011 09:52:38




[Avatar]
Joined: 06/27/2009 11:52:37
Messages: 665
Location: Medicine Hat, AB
Offline

EA_HLT wrote:There were far too many times we had to investigate cheaters who would belong to one club, leave that one and create a "farm" team and have their original club challenge them for an easy few wins, delete that farm club and create new ones and repeat. If they do this constantly it’s pretty easy to tell that they are cheating, but if they did it once or twice a week it really made it difficult to prove they are cheating, plus they are working their way higher and higher on the leaderboards in the meantime. If you are a casual club that just wants to play against some friends you can still do that.


Thanks for the information, I just wish there was a 3rd option. Part of challenging your old clubs or friends, is knowing they'll be paying a price on the leaderboards if they lose the game. That won't be happening anymore.

I understand the problem though and realize it's difficult for EA to resolve.



[Avatar]
Joined: 10/14/2010 08:33:27
Messages: 1866
Offline

This will kill pretty much all leagues attempt in EASHL using Challenges as it won't count toward the overall record;





Joined: 09/05/2008 11:31:55
Messages: 190
Location: Stockholm, SWE
Offline

Ok if they are not ranked. I just hope that the games still will be saved somewhere. If not some of the Euro 6v6 leagues will have problems.




Joined: 02/23/2010 02:56:17
Messages: 907
Offline

Guys you can still challenge other teams by using the NHL09 or HUT method. Have both captains in the same party and queue up at the exact same time. This method proves that removing club challenges WILL NOT slow down win trading at all.




Joined: 02/23/2010 02:56:17
Messages: 907
Offline

Jontti wrote:

Makes total sense since "Play a friend" in vs. isn't ranked.


Yet people can matchup in the lobbies and play ranked games.



[Avatar]
Joined: 06/27/2009 11:52:37
Messages: 665
Location: Medicine Hat, AB
Offline

I SSJ Bardock I wrote:Guys you can still challenge other teams by using the NHL09 or HUT method. Have both captains in the same party and queue up at the exact same time. This method proves that removing club challenges WILL NOT slow down win trading at all.


that's true, but definitely no guarantee you'll find your club. It could take 10 tries. Plus when you send a challenge, the other team has a chance to get their roster in order, just trying to "time it up" will be difficult, because you'll both have to push search at the same time.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 08/26/2011 12:00:05




NHL Series  > NHL® Series General Discussion
Go to: