[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
NHL 12 Player Overall+Potential Ratings (mostly Leafs + other players as well)  XML
NHL Series  > NHL Roster Discussion

Just returned from the X-Box 360 store on Queen Street West in Toronto where they have an extended demo of NHL 12 in 3D featuring every team. I thought you guys would like to know some player overalls & potentials.

I went through most of the teams, so I know a few specific player overalls. But first, here's the Leafs line-up:

83C Lupul - 83C Connolly - 87C Kessel
84C Kulemin - 83C Grabovski - 83C MacArthur
83C Lombardi - 81C Bozak - 82C Armstrong
75C Boyce - 77B Kadri - 75C Crabb
81C Sjostrom
79C Brown
77C Dupuis
77C Orr
74C Rosehill
72C Frattin

85C Phaneuf - 82B Franson
84B- Schenn - 84C Komisarek
79B- Gunnarsson - 83C Liles
78B- Aulie
73B- Lashoff

82B- Reimer
81C Gustavsson

Other player overalls I can remember, listed by team:
ANA: 91 Getzlaf, 90 Perry
BUF: 88 Roy, 88 Vanek, 82 Leino
CAR: 90 Staal
CHI: 91 Toews, 89 Hossa
COL: 87 Stastny
DAL: 87 Eriksson, 87 Ribeiro
DET: 93 Datsyuk
LA: 88 Doughty, 85 Johnson, 82 Scuderi
MIN: 88 Koivu, 88 Heatley
MTL: 87 Cammalleri, 87 Plekanec, 84 Gomez
NJ: 91 Parise, 91 Kovalchuk
NYR: 89 Gaborik, 88 Richards
OTT: 84 Alfredsson
PHI: 87 Giroux, 87 Briere (also, JvR is between 82-84, can't remember exactly)
PIT: 94 Crosby, 91 Malkin
WSH: 93 Ovechkin, 90 Vokoun
WIN: 87 Byfuglien, 85 Antropov

Check your area for an X-Box 360 store, they'll probably have the game as well. Please keep discussions in here civil.

[Avatar]

Thanks you very much for these ratings, much appreciated. I think I saw today that JVR is an 86? Is it possible?

I Would like to know other players ratings including Thornton, Kane, Nash, Marleau, Backstrom, Kopitar and Pronger, so if you or anyone else has the chance to play the game again, it would be awesome to have these and maybe others as well as a bonus.

Al_Tito13 wrote:Thanks you very much for these ratings, much appreciated. I think I saw today that JVR is an 86? Is it possible?

I Would like to know other players ratings including Thornton, Kane, Nash, Marleau, Backstrom, Kopitar and Pronger, so if you or anyone else has the chance to play the game again, it would be awesome to have these and maybe others as well as a bonus.

No, that's not possible. EA skips the overall 86. It's where they divide the line between elite player (87+) and good player (85). As well, I remember JvR was the 5th or 6th best Flyer. Had he been 86 (which is impossible), he'd have been right behind Briere (at 3rd).

I won't be going back to the store until September 7th, if I even do, but I'll try to get more ratings. By the way, if you live in Montreal, it's very likely that you have an XBOX 360 store in your downtown area. Store should be all white and the sign is just "XBOX 360" in silver.

[Avatar]

Even if that's rare, it's possible to have an 86 rating, it all depends of the poise attribute. If I remember correctly, if it's lower than 80 or higher than 90, it's possible. It's JVR himself who posted a screenshot of him in NHL 12 on twitter, I'll show you the picture...

It may also be a HUT screenshot, with his rating being increased by training cards, but I don't think it's the case.

Unfortunately, I don't live in Montreal, but near Quebec City, so I'm pretty sure there's not an XBOX 360 store in here.

Thanks again man for the ratings you showed. By the way, do you have 2 different accounts, since you replied to my questions with another account?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/27/2011 08:11:36

Al_Tito13 wrote:Even if that's rare, it's possible to have an 86 rating, it all depends of the poise attribute. If I remember correctly, if it's lower than 80 or higher than 90, it's possible. It's JVR himself who posted a screenshot of him in NHL 12 on twitter, I'll show you the picture...

It may also be a HUT screenshot, with his rating being increased by training cards, but I don't think it's the case.

Unfortunately, I don't live in Montreal, but near Quebec City, so I'm pretty sure there's not an XBOX 360 store in here.

Thanks again man for the ratings you showed. By the way, do you have 2 different accounts, since you replied to my questions with another account?

Oh, woops. In the demo I tried, he wasn't that high. Unless I'm wrong, but then that would mean that the Flyers have four or five skaters who are 86/87, because I remember him being lower on the roster list (sorted by overall). Maybe JvR posted something from HUT where he boosted himself? Or the roster has been updated between this "extended demo version" and the final game? I'm not quite sure.

No problem. And yeah, I just logged in yesterday for the first time in a while and the site forced me to make some kind of master profile name, but this account is what I use mostly. I might go back to the store on September 7th (if it's still around by then - supposedly it's only open during the summer as a promotion) so if you want me to check any specific overalls, I'll try to grab them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/27/2011 08:47:00

[Avatar]

Quick question, what are the cross streets this Xbox 360 promo store is in between on Queen Street W? Since it's not listed on Google Maps.

I live about 5 hours from Toronto, have never been there, but would have the time to make the drive early next week, assuming I have the gas, to get some more info on this little "extended demo" - plus it's in 3D!

I tweeted Rammer to ask him if there were any other stores like this anywhere else. Hopefully that will get answered, as I'm sure we'd all like to know.

Oh, and I recognize the screen shot in question, it's from the demo. Well, yes and no. It's just from the HUT chemistry explanation screen, which is probably the same in the demo as the final game. However, since that's a single pane view of a his HUT card, this is no way to tell if it's his baseline overall or something within his potential. From what you've said, if you sorted by overall and he was farther down than 86, it's probably not his base overall rating.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 08/27/2011 11:36:46

[WWW]

Doug IVI wrote:Quick question, what are the cross streets this Xbox 360 promo store is in between on Queen Street W? Since it's not listed on Google Maps.

I live about 5 hours from Toronto, have never been there, but would have the time to make the drive early next week, assuming I have the gas, to get some more info on this little "extended demo" - plus it's in 3D!

I tweeted Rammer to ask him if there were any other stores like this anywhere else. Hopefully that will get answered, as I'm sure we'd all like to know.

Oh, and I recognize the screen shot in question, it's from the demo. Well, yes and no. It's just from the HUT chemistry explanation screen, which is probably the same in the demo as the final game. However, since that's a single pane view of a his HUT card, this is no way to tell if it's his baseline overall or something within his potential. From what you've said, if you sorted by overall and he was farther down than 86, it's probably not his base overall rating.

Closest intersection would be Queen and Spadina. If you're coming down to Toronto, type in 342 Queen Street West on your GPS/Google Maps. That's the address of the Lulu Lemon store there, and the XBOX 360 promo store is like one or two shops to the right of it. You'll probably have to look for parking on another street however.

Also, everything in the game was accessible as far as I could tell. I think the store might have popped in the actual game disk and were just calling it a demo so as to not get into any trouble lol. I suggest going before September, since the store is only open for the summer, they'll likely be closing up soon.

[Avatar]

Avec_Fromage wrote:Closest intersection would be Queen and Spadina. If you're coming down to Toronto, type in 342 Queen Street West on your GPS/Google Maps. That's the address of the Lulu Lemon store there, and the XBOX 360 promo store is like one or two shops to the right of it. You'll probably have to look for parking on another street however.

Also, everything in the game was accessible as far as I could tell. I think the store might have popped in the actual game disk and were just calling it a demo so as to not get into any trouble lol. I suggest going before September, since the store is only open for the summer, they'll likely be closing up soon.

Thank you for the detailed info sir, as it is very much appreciated. I'm going to try and get out there early next week. I just have to check with the state about getting an updated ID so I can cross the border, as they changed the laws a few years ago here in Michigan, so that you need either a passport or one of the new state IDs / driver's licenses to go to Canada. So I've got to take care of that first, but hopefully I can get that done in a few hours.

I've been over to Windsor plenty of times, but never to Toronto. It's a shame that I won't have the time or money to visit the Hall while I'm there, but I might still grab some dinner at Gretzky's before I head back home.

[WWW]

Doug IVI wrote:
Avec_Fromage wrote:Closest intersection would be Queen and Spadina. If you're coming down to Toronto, type in 342 Queen Street West on your GPS/Google Maps. That's the address of the Lulu Lemon store there, and the XBOX 360 promo store is like one or two shops to the right of it. You'll probably have to look for parking on another street however.

Thank you for the detailed info sir, as it is very much appreciated. I'm going to try and get out there early next week. I just have to check with the state about getting an updated ID so I can cross the border, as they changed the laws a few years ago here in Michigan, so that you need either a passport or one of the new state IDs / driver's licenses to go to Canada. So I've got to take care of that first, but hopefully I can get that done in a few hours.

I've been over to Windsor plenty of times, but never to Toronto. It's a shame that I won't have the time or money to visit the Hall while I'm there, but I might still grab some dinner at Gretzky's before I head back home.

You're very welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay in TO!

[Avatar]

Avec_Fromage wrote:if you want me to check any specific overalls, I'll try to grab them.

In an ideal world, every other skaters and goalies who are 87 or higher. I know that would mean a lot of work, so if it's too much, simply ignore my post.

Thanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/02/2011 21:45:00

[Avatar]

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7504579.page

This message was edited 12 times. Last update was at 09/02/2011 21:46:06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC_sujYLL8Y

In this video Claude Giroux seems to be 85 overall!

[Avatar]

New ratings added to the list: Van Riemsdyk, Voracek, Bobrovsky and Simmonds. Giroux is supposedly 89, so I updated him to that rating.
NHL Series  > NHL Roster Discussion
Go to: