[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
You must be online the first time you log  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

hi...

my problem is the follow: i have an origin account but i can t log in because i get this message: You must be online the first time you log

i tried to log in, on another computer and it works....
How can i solve this problem???

sorry for my english

uppp!!!
i can t play any games!!!! help!!

Developer
[Avatar]

How is your internet connection stability? We have seen this issue when people time out during login and are forced into offline mode. Have you been able to login into Origin recently without fail?

Thanks,
Origin Live Ops

The Origin Live Operations Team

really? connection stability? This is your answer? This is my first and LAST experience with Origin. I used to respect EA and it's software.

Steam worked better than this it's first week of going online, like 9 years ago!!!!

How would I be able to post if I were offline? Answer THAT.

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM! help please

EA_NinotheRobot wrote:How is your internet connection stability? We have seen this issue when people time out during login and are forced into offline mode. Have you been able to login into Origin recently without fail?

Thanks,
Origin Live Ops

It's unfortunate that this is the answer, because I do not have internet stability issues, and I've never downloaded Origin until tonight, so this is the first time I've tried to log in. Still getting this error. I am unsure how to remove offline mode, so I guess I'll just watch this thread and hope a fix is found.

BS in my opinion. I had an alpha invitation - couldnt log in... said my account wasn't allowed.

Now Battlelog says my account isn't allowed

BF3 Beta - Origin says I'm offline

I think Im just going to stick with a good old DVD copy when it comes out and let the people play their already-played BF3 map.

I am getting a refund tomorrow for my pre-order. Only reason I pre-ordered was to play early and have a taste of it.

If this is how this ORIGIN bs works, and how I receive my copy of BF3 Oct 25, screw them...

Developer
[Avatar]

For all you first time Origin users,

We have seen users being placed into offline mode be due to security software hampering some Origin Processes. I have some questions for those affected:

-What security suite(s) are you currently running?
-Have you added Origin to a list of programs approved (or given exceptions by) by your security software?
-Some types of security software have a game mode. If available, are you running Origin with this mode activated?

Origin.exe, EACoreServer.exe, and probably OriginClientService.exe should be added to your list of security exceptions.

You could also try deleting your offline cache:

1. Exit Origin completely. Right click system tray icon > Exit.
2. Navigate to the OfflineCache file. Here's the path:

Win 7/Vista.
C:\ProgramData\Origin\DownloadCache{ your email address }

Win XP.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application data\Electronic Arts\Origin\DownloadCache{ your email address }

3. Delete the OfflineCache file.
4. Run Origin and login.

Can you log in now?

If not, bring up your Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+ESC). Click the Processes tab and sort by Image Name and make sure we can see the entire name of the .exe. Please post your processes here.

What can complicate matters is that even if you end certain security processes, some are designed to restart automatically. If you suspect that this may be the case you may want to contact the manufacturer(s) of your security software to learn how to temporarily disable or allow exceptions.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,
Origin Live Ops

Ok, here it goes

And trust me, I've tried everything from disabling firewalls, to adding exceptions, to creating new user accounts, to editing my registry....

How flipping annoying just to play a BETA!!???

Developer
[Avatar]

poofyfinger wrote:

Ok, here it goes

And trust me, I've tried everything from disabling firewalls, to adding exceptions, to creating new user accounts, to editing my registry....

How flipping annoying just to play a BETA!!???

Can you exit origin and right click on the 2 Kaspersky avp.exe*32's and click End Process? Afterwards launch Origin and see if that allows you to log in.

Also, are there any icons in your systems tray indicating that you are not connected to a network? If windows indicates you are not connected to a network even if you have some connectivity this status disconnect can cause networking issues.

Already disabled Kaspersky a few times, and it still won't let me go online.

I also tried disabling my firewall, adding port exceptions to Kaspersky AND my Windows firewall,

Still goes offline.

Developer
[Avatar]

poofyfinger wrote:Already disabled Kaspersky a few times, and it still won't let me go online.

I also tried disabling my firewall, adding port exceptions to Kaspersky AND my Windows firewall,

Still goes offline.

Again, we apologize for this inconvenience. Can you post a pic of you systems tray with all your icons expanded? In particular, we would like to see state of your network status icon.

Thanks,
Origin Live Ops

Having the same problem, I am running bf3 origin on another computer in the house so the connection to the net is fine, but on this computer it still says its in offline mode, I have followed all the instructions you listed above but still no success in logging on to Origin.

BUMP BUMP BUMP

almost 1000 views later and still no fix -_- come on guys!
I understand this is a BETA but it seems a large amount of players are having this problem

Come on, I need a solution!
Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: