[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
freeze caused by geotag pickup  XML
SSX  > SSX Feedback and Wishlists

[quote=ssxrulez88][quote=almightyskippy]Yep Saw the 8 minute long trick event on youtube, know there would be no way 2 make it all the way down without hitting a geotag. Would probably throw my controller thru the tv if i made it 2 the end and froze on that stage so im not buying untill its fixed.[/quote]

jeez laweez u sad little gimps...play it OFFLINE then if it causes u to freeze when online...

sorry, but my god u r being SO negative u can play without catching geotags u know and in the end this is no ones fault but your own....WTH grab over 1000 freakin geotags...if se one i go for it but i don't deliberatley go wandering like some lost little lemming[/quote]

I don't understand why you always feel like dissing how people choose to play. I you don't hunt geotags why don't you go and talk somewhere people care. Yes, we did get more than 1000 geotags, so what? Does that stop you from playing your game? I don't think so. You avoid geotags... fine! It only means you don't know how to get the most of your games. Did we diss you because you did not even bother to check what level 11 had to offer before your ruled it out (being too expensive)? No, we did not. So, give us a break: go on playing your game and participate in a forum if you actually have something to say. I, for one, don't care about how you play, so spare us.

friponeuro wrote:
ssxrulez88 wrote:
almightyskippy wrote:Yep Saw the 8 minute long trick event on youtube, know there would be no way 2 make it all the way down without hitting a geotag. Would probably throw my controller thru the tv if i made it 2 the end and froze on that stage so im not buying untill its fixed.

jeez laweez u sad little gimps...play it OFFLINE then if it causes u to freeze when online...

sorry, but my god u r being SO negative u can play without catching geotags u know and in the end this is no ones fault but your own....WTH grab over 1000 freakin geotags...if se one i go for it but i don't deliberatley go wandering like some lost little lemming

I don't understand why you always feel like dissing how people choose to play. I you don't hunt geotags why don't you go and talk somewhere people care. Yes, we did get more than 1000 geotags, so what? Does that stop you from playing your game? I don't think so. You avoid geotags... fine! It only means you don't know how to get the most of your games. Did we diss you because you did not even bother to check what level 11 had to offer before your ruled it out (being too expensive)? No, we did not. So, give us a break: go on playing your game and participate in a forum if you actually have something to say. I, for one, don't care about how you play, so spare us.

"how you choose to play" well that is hardly the case because you are basically deciding that as there is the SLIGHT probability of hitting a geotag and freezing u decide to not play the game at all...sounds like a total overreation to me if you ask me...

I don't know where you got the idea that I don't play the game. Just made 100 million in GE's events of the day.

friponeuro wrote:I don't know where you got the idea that I don't play the game. Just made 100 million in GE's events of the day.

perhaps i wasn't talking to U, perhaps i was talking to the people who were all "oh we refuse to play until they fix this geotag freeze problem cause there is a SLIGHT chance we might run into one while riding...." i've gone down loads of slopes and never once hit a geotag or snowflake for that matter....it is easy to avoid them if u want....just cause EA is having a technical fault with that part of the game doesn't mean u have to go all moody and refuse to play until it's dealt with or have a tantrum over it as some people seem to be doing.

please don't let this get out of hand

geotags are every where its impossible to not hit them at times that's why i play offline it sucks yes i have no choice
i do it so i don't through my controller its the only one i have lol

please don't start a troll war we all play different and all upset that they freeze us i got the DLC because i just could not help myself if someone wants to wait that's fine that's there choice please don't escalate this im upset too but im not gonna start attacking everyone and how they play just chillax bro's

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/02/2012 12:48:06

Rabid_Shark wrote:please don't let this get out of hand

geotags are every where its impossible to not hit them at times that's why i play offline it sucks yes i have no choice
i do it so i don't through my controller its the only one i have lol

please don't start a troll war we all play different and all upset that they freeze us i got the DLC because i just could not help myself if someone wants to wait that's fine that's there choice please don't escalate this im upset too but im not gonna start attacking everyone and how they play just chillax bro's

i'm not making a bid deal out of anything, i'm just giving my OPINION that i think it is rather silly (and not to mention immature) of some people to just decide to stop playing the game just because their afraid of hitting a geotag...they are basically saying 'oh fine then if EA aren't going to sort out the geotag problem then i'm just going to go off and sulk and play other things...' now i may be wrong but that is how it comes across from where i'm sitting.

I guess I found my 1000th geotag this morning. Now I see what you guys have been talking about. Good thing I'm almost done with this game.

redrum71 wrote:I guess I found my 1000th geotag this morning. Now I see what you guys have been talking about. Good thing I'm almost done with this game.

sigh....truly sad, just avoid them and play it...i'm sure EA are working on a way to sort out this problem the last thing they want is unsattisfied customers after all the postive news this game received early on and all the money that went in to resurrecting SSX

Its been long enough for them to fix it. If they can not fix it. I said this before. GIVE US THE OPTION TO TURN GEO TAGS OFF!!!!!!!!!!! Is that so much to ask. This was my favorite game but now I am just getting irritated.

im pretty much over it and have moved on........
Thanks EA for getting back to us

@redrum71

if you happen to have an older save use it and just try not to hit them i use an old save and have about 50 or so geotags to go before i freeze, geotags have not been to bad in the online event weekend was not many i hit 2

its kiori wrote:Its been long enough for them to fix it. If they can not fix it. I said this before. GIVE US THE OPTION TO TURN GEO TAGS OFF!!!!!!!!!!! Is that so much to ask. This was my favorite game but now I am just getting irritated.

things take time i'm afraid, you can't just magically click your finger and expect them to be fixed...EA really should have consdiered the consequences of giving an online system unlimited collectibles to so many people....sooner or later this was going to cause some sort of build up or glitch from so many people collecting so many geotags

ssxrulez88 wrote:
its kiori wrote:Its been long enough for them to fix it. If they can not fix it. I said this before. GIVE US THE OPTION TO TURN GEO TAGS OFF!!!!!!!!!!! Is that so much to ask. This was my favorite game but now I am just getting irritated.

things take time i'm afraid, you can't just magically click your finger and expect them to be fixed...EA really should have consdiered the consequences of giving an online system unlimited collectibles to so many people....sooner or later this was going to cause some sort of build up or glitch from so many people collecting so many geotags

I know things take time. It was my favorite game and now I do not even play it. All I wanted was an update here and there. Are they even working on it anymore? That's the big deal with the situation.

its kiori wrote:
ssxrulez88 wrote:

I know things take time. It was my favorite game and now I do not even play it. All I wanted was an update here and there. Are they even working on it anymore? That's the big deal with the situation.

ok so what do people want more, that is the question yes? the actual updates or a guarantee they are actually working to sort out these problems? well i can almost promise u u won't get the second one because companies just don't communicate that way with their fans, they may be working these problems out they may not be but they are not going to give us us a straight answer, it isn't how companies work and believe me that annoys me just as much as it does many others i can promise you

If anyone on here is having there game freeze from collecting geotags and hasnt emailed todd about it yet, do so. They are blocking geotags from showing up on your account. Snowflakes still show up and you can still place geotags. i have them blocked on mine now and others do 2. Here is a link from merqurycity of others that have it done and todds email...
http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10631
SSX  > SSX Feedback and Wishlists
Go to: