[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Breaking news, forum censors EA call center phone # (Reddited)  XML
SimCity  > General Discussion

LeLedg wrote:I know

I'm gonna turn in soon. But before I do, you know what i'm finding fascinating? How you can see the learning curve for different people. Maxis was wise to shut down the cheetah, and do everything they can do slow down people's final conclusion. You could literally track it.

Hey traffic bad... oh it's broke.
Hey no more water, city dying... oh it's broke.
Industry/Commerce.... oh it's broke.
Fanboi says I need to look at the features... oh he's paid by EA.
Regional trade.. oh it's broke.
etc.

They start chiming in here, always in the same order. It's a nifty little process until they're raging and want their money back. I think maybe tomorrow while i'm lurking here i'll try to put a list together.

The story of ShamCity - player progression - from first traffic jam, through denials, through customer service telling you to hang in there, to no refunds and the realization that you were scammed.

Should have just given me my $85 back.

We aren't "fans" we're "reluctant disappointed customers."

psychotrip1, completely agree with you. I posted something along those lines a few days back on another thread while fighting a EA paladin.

Actually if I recall correctly EA hasn't posted gains in revenue in 4 straight years. Alarming.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/15/2013 20:48:12

You have to work with the simulation.

Kind of like woodwork.

I really hope this ends up on the news reel like the rest of this bullcrap....

EA censors their own customer support number on these forums: http://www.reddit.com/r/SimCity/comments/1adofo/simcity_forum_censors_ea_customer_care_phone/

That should make for an interesting read Lucky

Kind of like woodwork.

I'm going to bump this thread to hell and back until everyone knows about this.

EA censors their own customer support number on these forums: http://www.reddit.com/r/SimCity/comments/1adofo/simcity_forum_censors_ea_customer_care_phone/

psychotrip1 wrote:I'm going to bump this thread to hell and back until everyone knows about this.

Appreciate that psychotrip1, Leledg had to take it to Reddit because the moderators here were deleting things.

Tomorrow is a new day, and there's a lot of material for us to cover. As much as i'd like to keep this on the first page, we have a few thousand views. People know what's going on and they're talking, I hope they're warning their friends and family and anyone else in their social media range not to buy this failure.

Should have just given me my $85 back.

We aren't "fans" we're "reluctant disappointed customers."

People, Dan Stapleton (reviewer of the game from IGN) chimed in following my tweet. Cool guy!

Kind of like woodwork.

LeLedg wrote:People, Dan Stapleton (reviewer of the game from IGN) chimed in following my tweet. Cool guy!

What did he say?? Link?

It's all on here: http://www.reddit.com/r/SimCity/comments/1adofo/simcity_forum_censors_ea_customer_care_phone/

EDIT:

He said: Disclaimer: I'm not defending this in any way, shape, or form. What I'm about to say is what I speculate might be the reasoning behind this at EA, not what I think they should be doing.

As I understand it, outsourced customer service firms bill by the call. The more phone calls they get, the higher EA's bill goes. Email support, on the other hand, is much cheaper, so they want to encourage people to use that and discourage them from getting on the phone to save money.

The other possible reason is that the fewer people get on the phone with them, the fewer refunds they have to give. When I talked to Origin's head of PR over email this week, he refused to confirm that no refunds are being given for SimCity. He says each support request is treated on an individual basis. (I asked what circumstances might lead to a refund; he declined to speculate.) So, once you get through to someone in support, it's entirely possible that being angry enough may in fact get you a refund.

But please, if you do get through, do not abuse these people. The man or woman answering the phone did not make SimCity or Origin and probably is not an EA employee. He or she would probably love to give you a refund, but can't do that any more than you can give away free merchandise or office supplies from wherever you work.

I replied: Thanks for chiming in Dan, really cool of you. And actually you can't be more right about not abusing these folks. I used to work myself as a customer representative for a cellphone company here in Canada and I know how hard it is for these people to just take it as if it was their fault. When money is involved, people tend to forget about perspective and civility and it is very sad because at the end of the day, we're all trying to make a living. I have recieved a refund myself and have helped many people into getting one but I always made sure that they understood that kindness and tact was at the core of getting the most out of this unpleasant experience.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 03/15/2013 21:23:32

Kind of like woodwork.

Good read!

Yeah, nice of him to have given his thoughts, and he is right about respecting the individuals who does the janitoring of this whole situation.

Kind of like woodwork.

Bumping for people who need this

Why the irony?

Kind of like woodwork.

SimCity  > General Discussion
Go to: