[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
More conference realignment!  XML
NCAA Football Series  > NCAA® Football College Football Talk

Syracuse and Pittsburgh are going to the ACC. Are we going to have our first Super Conference in College Football? And with other teams moving up from the D-1AA, Are we going to have a couple of Super Conferences going forward in a year or two?

[Avatar]

every team will be in their correct conference for ncaa 13. the conferences will also have the correct conference teams too.

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

Nervous for my KSU Wildcats

[WWW]

[Avatar]

Stanimal032 wrote:Nervous for my KSU Wildcats

You'll be safe...with the rest of the outcasts of the Big East and XII. Just kidding, I'm sure some of the stragglers, like Kansas, K-State, Missouir, and soon-to-be Notre Dame will seek shelter in the Big Ten. ACC will hit 16 with Uconn and Rutgers, SEC hits 14 with WV, Pac-16 will be OU, OK State, Texas, and TTU. Only ones who should worry are Baylor, Iowa State, Cincinatti, and possibly South Florida and Louisville. Willing to bet that South Florida goes to the ACC one way or another, Baylor should have gone to C-USA ever since the Big XII was around, Iowa State is meh, tough luck, Cincy took a hard fall after Brian Kelly, so MAC you go, and Louisville will probably go C-USA to fight with Memphis in hoops.

EDIT: a bit questioning if anyone from the ACC will leave, their commish put in a hefty $20 million tax if teams ditch them early. VT and FSU are the likely two gone, but that fine could stop them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/18/2011 14:13:35

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

R0CKD MUCH wrote:
Stanimal032 wrote:Nervous for my KSU Wildcats

You'll be safe...with the rest of the outcasts of the Big East and XII. Just kidding, I'm sure some of the stragglers, like Kansas, K-State, Missouir, and soon-to-be Notre Dame will seek shelter in the Big Ten. ACC will hit 16 with Uconn and Rutgers, SEC hits 14 with WV, Pac-16 will be OU, OK State, Texas, and TTU. Only ones who should worry are Baylor, Iowa State, Cincinatti, and possibly South Florida and Louisville. Willing to bet that South Florida goes to the ACC one way or another, Baylor should have gone to C-USA ever since the Big XII was around, Iowa State is meh, tough luck, Cincy took a hard fall after Brian Kelly, so MAC you go, and Louisville will probably go C-USA to fight with Memphis in hoops.

EDIT: a bit questioning if anyone from the ACC will leave, their commish put in a hefty $20 million tax if teams ditch them early. VT and FSU are the likely two gone, but that fine could stop them.

I would LOVE to go to the Big Ten. I hope that happens but not sure if it will.

[WWW]

[Avatar]

Stanimal032 wrote:I would LOVE to go to the Big Ten. I hope that happens but not sure if it will.
you're very welcome in the mountain west.....adding kansas/k-state would probably re-ignite the mtn west automatic bid discussion.

[Avatar]

I would say TCU could go back to the Mountain West, but I don't think after the scheduling arrogance the Mountain West did, that TCU would even want to go back.

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

baseballplyrmvp wrote:
Stanimal032 wrote:I would LOVE to go to the Big Ten. I hope that happens but not sure if it will.
you're very welcome in the mountain west.....adding kansas/k-state would probably re-ignite the mtn west automatic bid discussion.

I really wouldn't mind the Mountain West. Put KU/KSU/ISU/MU and Baylor in the MWC and you have an automatic bid I'm quite sure.

[WWW]

[Avatar]

i wouldnt want iowa state or baylor. those schools dont really bring anything to the table and have mooched off of the other big12 members long enough. after they started crying about threatening to sue a&m for leaving the big12, i'd like to see them join the mac or c-usa or something. lol

ideally, the mountain west should ask tcu and byu to rejoin, with the additions of ku, ksu, and mu.

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

baseballplyrmvp wrote:i wouldnt want iowa state or baylor. those schools dont really bring anything to the table and have mooched off of the other big12 members long enough. after they started crying about threatening to sue a&m for leaving the big12, i'd like to see them join the mac or c-usa or something. lol

ideally, the mountain west should ask tcu and byu to rejoin, with the additions of ku, ksu, and mu.

If they got TCU and BYU back, which they may with the Big East looking VERY unstable, Mountain West would have to be an AQ conference with Boise, TCU, BYU, Fresno, KU, KSU, and Mizzou. And quite a strong conference at that!

[WWW]

[Avatar]

What I do not get is why the SEC would not expand to 16 with the others. If they were to, I would think the possible candidates are: Florida State, Clemson, Georgia Tech, West Virginia, Miami(FL), Louisville, possibly USF. Opinions on each?

I think that everybody on here has something against me...

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

auburnpacker wrote:What I do not get is why the SEC would not expand to 16 with the others. If they were to, I would think the possible candidates are: Florida State, Clemson, Georgia Tech, West Virginia, Miami(FL), Louisville, possibly USF. Opinions on each?

I'd say all of those are viable options. I'd say the SEC should see if they could get Va Tech as they would be a good addition. Someone was talking about it on the radio yesterday and made a good point. Florida's big selling point against Florida State is "Do you want to play football in the SEC or the ACC?" It would make sense that Florida would not want to give up that exclusivity to their in-state rivals

[WWW]

I think TCU goes Pac 10 and Texas is gonna be left out. They started this whole mess with the Longhorn network and pretty soon they might have to abandon it if they want to get into a superconference. Unless they and Notre Dame join forces and become the only independents in the new NCAA.

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

wackazoa wrote:I think TCU goes Pac 10 and Texas is gonna be left out. They started this whole mess with the Longhorn network and pretty soon they might have to abandon it if they want to get into a superconference. Unless they and Notre Dame join forces and become the only independents in the new NCAA.

Doubtful. This is about media markets and TCU doesn't deliver that. Texas does. Plus reports are that Scott from the PAC is trying to make a deal work where UT could keep it and not have it be unfair

[WWW]

[Avatar]

wackazoa wrote:I think TCU goes Pac 10 and Texas is gonna be left out. They started this whole mess with the Longhorn network and pretty soon they might have to abandon it if they want to get into a superconference. Unless they and Notre Dame join forces and become the only independents in the new NCAA.
texas, texas tech, oklahoma, and oklahoma state are really close to having a deal in place to join the pac12.

texas would be allowed to keep their network, but they'd be required to show some other pac16 games, if they accepted the deal to join the pac16. how many games, and how much access for other schools on their network are the discussion point right now.

NCAA Football Series  > NCAA® Football College Football Talk
Go to: