[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Cant redeem online pass PS3  XML
NHL Series  > NHL® Tech Help and Feedback

Hey upon purchasing my new copy of NHL12 when it fires up and says its connecting to the EA servers then it says retrieving online pass content, then says 'Unable to proceed. Were sorry but you are not permitted to register an online pass which is required to access all online features.
I have talked to the live chat 6 times to no prevail.
I have entered the key they gave me in PS store so I have activated the key.
I just dont think my ps3 has enough internet (lol) to get onto the ea servers.
My ps3 internet connection test succeeds with everything, takes a while on NAT, comes up with type 2 and doesnt do the speed tests and tells me at the bottom my router may not be able to do IP fragmenting or something.
I have tryed lowering my MTU.
Everything else to do with the internet on my PS3 seems normal .. I can play other games I can browse websites etc.
Does anyone have any idea on how I can play this title online ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/18/2011 23:49:05

llollcakkes wrote:Hey upon purchasing my new copy of NHL12 when it fires up and says its connecting to the EA servers then it says retrieving online pass content, then says 'Unable to proceed. Were sorry but you are not permitted to register an online pass which is required to access all online features.
I have talked to the live chat 6 times to no prevail.
I have entered the key they gave me in PS store so I have activated the key.
I just dont think my ps3 has enough internet (lol) to get onto the ea servers.
My ps3 internet connection test succeeds with everything, takes a while on NAT, comes up with type 2 and doesnt do the speed tests and tells me at the bottom my router may not be able to do IP fragmenting or something.
I have tryed lowering my MTU.
Everything else to do with the internet on my PS3 seems normal .. I can play other games I can browse websites etc.
Does anyone have any idea on how I can play this title online ?

i have the same problem...please help me.

Please someone can you help my problem ... Im sure its just some stupid setting in my router

anyone ? this is killing me here, as you can see .. even tryed new accounts

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/20/2011 05:15:55

Forum Admin
[Avatar]

Hey llollcakkes,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing connectivity issues with NHL 12. After reviewing your account, I noticed that your NHL 12 online pass did not attach itself to the account. I have included an FAQ on how to access and re-download your NHL 12 online pass.

• A Before re-downloading your please follow this FAQ: http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/114

• What should I do if I have redeemed the Online Pass for a game, and then the console says it is invalid? http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2513

Please post back if this does not resolve your issue.

- Gambit -

Visit us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/EA-Customer-Support/48228353146
Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/AskEASupport

i have done that all.....and i cant solve the problem...i can play nhl 11 online and all other games , but i cant nhl 12 solve this please.

I have done this and it doesnt resolve my issue.
I have rang EA, been put into tier 3 support, and I await an email from them within 3 days or something.
The guy said he can see my NHL has been linked to my account now .. yet it still says that same Unable to proceed error after it logs on and says 'retreiving online pass content, please wait'
I can download rostors in the game, I can play HUT single player against team names I can see are obviously online created offline teams.
GAH !!! this is driving me nuts.Maybe an account thing as when I started the game didnt realise my old EA account was linked to my ps3 account, and the email account on the EA account wasnt active.
Since reactivated it and can see myself NHL 12 is is my list of games on EA account..
Hmm

i have talked with 3 persons on chat , no one could solve it , i have done it all that is wrotten on that link , and i cant play... fix this....come on.

another day with the problem...i am not permitted to acess the menu to put the code...i paid for a game to play online , and it says that i am unable to proceed , and dont have permition to acess the online gaming....why? When do you fix this?

if i cant play online because this problem i play offline waiting for better days...and at the second game of a season the game freezes...wow...even offline i am unlucky...

still awaiting tier 3 support response.
Will keep this thread updated

hmm still nothing

no news about this issue ?
i cant play yet nhl 12 online.

Hi,
did you already solve the problem?
I have the same problem, when i want to enable my online pass, i get the following message:

"Unable to proceed
We're sorry but you are not permitted to register Online Pass which is required to access all online features. For more information, visit easports.com/onlinepass"

On the website you can't find anything. So i wrote EA techsupport an email, which they should reply within 24 hours, but after 1,5 day i still haven't received an answer...

Having similar issues. I do not even get a chance to enter my code. It just goes to a loading screen with images in the background, but nothing happens, it never loads.

Same things happens if i try to purchase, just never loads.

Anyone with similar problems ? Its killing me !!

And so far the tech support has been awful, online chat was painful, like 5 min in between, have you tried restarting, yes about 26 times. And the phone support wasn't much better, after 20 min, 19 of them on hold, we were disconnected...

PLEASE HELP !

Thanks.
NHL Series  > NHL® Tech Help and Feedback
Go to: