[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
NCAA Football 12 Update from EA SPORTS  XML
NCAA Football Series  > NCAA® Football Series General Discussion

Community Manager

Hey Everyone,

I’d like to provide everyone with an update on where we are with the two of the main issues with NCAA Football 12. Once I have more information to share, I’ll provide another update.

- No Huddle Issue introduced in title update #2

We’ve identified and fixed the “No Huddle” bug that was introduced in title update #2. Since becoming aware of the issue, we immediately began work on a resolution and this will be released in the next title update. Title Update #3 is currently in our own internal certification process and we’ll provide an update once we make it through the 1st party certification process (Sony and Microsoft).

- Transfer Fails

The team has been working around the clock to identify and address the transfer fail issues that some of you have been experiencing. While we have been successful in addressing many of the transfer fail issues that users who were stuck in “Bowl Week” were experiencing, we are still investigating the other versions of the transfer error. It’s important to let you know that the “Transfer Fail” message is a generic message and could be one of several different issues. We have been reaching out to the community to collect additional information about their Online Dynasties to help us track down and solve these issues. With the number of customizable options available in Online Dynasty, it’s imperative that we get these details in order to replicate the issues. We thank you for your continued support and detailed feedback on the issues at hand.

If you are experiencing a transfer fail issue, and have not done so already, feel free to provide us with the following information here in this thread:

Name of Dynasty:

Console:

Gamertag/PSN ID:

Commissioner's Gamertag/PSN ID:

Number of users in Dynasty:

Exact week/spot where you are stuck:

Date & Approx time of your last transfer failure error (Please try again and provide the info if you don't remember):

When it is failing? (For example, is it when you're trying to upload a game, a team change, or after advancing a week? If it's advancing a week, can you include whether it is when you're advancing to or from your week. For example, advancing to week 7.):

Any special settings in your dynasty (Custom Playbooks, TeamBuilder,
Coaching Carousel, Custom Conferences):

If you're using Custom Conferences, what changes did you make? (Ex. Turning the Big East into a 16 team league):

Do you/can you provide a video link showing off the exactly what you’re seeing on your console? Visually seeing this is huge for the developers.

Please copy and paste the format above in your response so that it's easy to pass along to the team. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Justin Dewiel, EA SPORTS Community Manager

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 10/31/2011 07:11:06

[WWW]

I was getting Transfer Failed for Bowl Week after the update, but then I deleted the file from game data utility and downloaded it again. This seemed to fix it.

Do we have to be in year 1 of our Dynasties like last time for the updates to take affect?

This was posted on operations sports

Hey Everyone,

I’d like to provide everyone with an update on where we are with the two of the main issues with NCAA Football 12. Once I have more information to share, I’ll provide another update.

- No Huddle Issue introduced in title update #2

We’ve identified and fixed the “No Huddle” bug that was introduced in title update #2. Since becoming aware of the issue, we immediately began work on a resolution and this will be released in the next title update. Title Update #3 is currently in our own internal certification process and we’ll provide an update once we make it through the 1st party certification process (Sony and Microsoft).

- Transfer Fails

The team has been working around the clock to identify and address the transfer fail issues that some of you have been experiencing. While we have been successful in addressing many of the transfer fail issues that users who were stuck in “Bowl Week” were experiencing, we are still investigating the other versions of the transfer error. It’s important to let you know that the “Transfer Fail” message is a generic message and could be one of several different issues. We have been reaching out to the community to collect additional information about their Online Dynasties to help us track down and solve these issues. With the number of customizable options available in Online Dynasty, it’s imperative that we get these details in order to replicate the issues. We thank you for your continued support and detailed feedback on the issues at hand.

If you are experiencing a transfer fail issue, and have not done so already, feel free to provide us with the following information here in this thread:

Name of Dynasty:

Console:

Gamertag/PSN ID:

Commissioner's Gamertag/PSN ID:

Number of users in Dynasty:

Exact week/spot where you are stuck:

Date & Approx time of your last transfer failure error (Please try again and provide the info if you don't remember):

When it is failing? (For example, is it when you're trying to upload a game, a team change, or after advancing a week? If it's advancing a week, can you include whether it is when you're advancing to or from your week. For example, advancing to week 7.):

Coaching Carousel, Custom Conferences):

If you're using Custom Conferences, what changes did you make? (Ex. Turning the Big East into a 16 team league):

Do you/can you provide a video link showing off the exactly what you’re seeing on your console? Visually seeing this is huge for the developers.

Please copy and paste the format above in your response so that it's easy to pass along to the team. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Justin Dewiel, EA SPORTS Community Manager.

Its sounds good but if it could take as long as the last patch to get put out and it could just cause as much problems who knows. I hope they get it right this time. I just got tired of waiting for a playable game so I just got back from trading it in at game stop. After so long of not being able to play the game its just not worth it any more.

what about the missing formations in custom playbooks?....... i-form tight is still missing!!!!

Community Manager

We wanted to get the "No Huddle" fix out there as quickly as possible, so Title Update #3 only addresses the "No Huddle" issue. We are still collecting feedback and looking into other issues. I'll keep you guys posted.
[WWW]

Name of Dynasty: CIASpookOD1

Console: Xbox 360

Gamertag/PSN ID: CIASpook

Commissioner's Gamertag/PSN ID: CIASpook

Number of users in Dynasty: 5

Exact week/spot where you are stuck: Finished my week 7 game, USC vs Colorado.

Date & Approx time of your last transfer failure error (Please try again and provide the info if you don't remember): 09.21.2011 @ about 12:00 PM PSD.

When it is failing? Trying to upload the results of my game.

Coaching Carousel, Custom Conferences): All default settings with the exception of some tuning such as frequency of pentalies and substitions.

Do you/can you provide a video link showing off the exactly what you’re seeing on your console? Visually seeing this is huge for the developers. You want video? e-mail me at CIASpook@yahoo.com and I'll send it to you.

p.s. I hate you for wasting my time.

It's at the top of the forumn pages dude.

Name of Dynasty: CIASpookOD1

Console: Xbox 360

Gamertag/PSN ID: CIASpook

Commissioner's Gamertag/PSN ID: CIASpook

Number of users in Dynasty: 5

Exact week/spot where you are stuck: Finished my week 7 game, USC vs Colorado.

Date & Approx time of your last transfer failure error (Please try again and provide the info if you don't remember): 09.21.2011 @ about 12:00 PM PSD.

When it is failing? Trying to upload the results of my game.

Coaching Carousel, Custom Conferences): All default settings with the exception of some tuning such as frequency of pentalies and substitions.

Do you/can you provide a video link showing off the exactly what you’re seeing on your console? Visually seeing this is huge for the developers. You want video? e-mail me at CIASpook@yahoo.com and I'll send it to you.

p.s. I hate you for wasting my time.

wackazoa wrote:It's at the top of the forumn pages dude.

Thanks!

Will that also fix them looking to the sideline to get the play call???

[Avatar]

Any word on fixing the tendency bug that still exists?

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/510881-tendency-bug-w-new-recruits.html

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/21/2011 12:31:33

So the no huddle is all that has been fixed , did I read that right ? What does "working around the clock " mean at EA sports ? To me it means someone is working 24 hours a day on it , but I doubt that.

I'm just curious as to what this patch is going to break in the game!
Can't wait to see what new glitches the "game testers" ignore!

Name of Dynasty: Letsgetit

Console: PS3

Gamertag/PSN ID: josh23dreps

Commissioner's Gamertag/PSN ID: ejabner

Number of users in Dynasty: 12

Exact week/spot where you are stuck: ENTIRE OFFSEASON

Date & Approx time of your last transfer failure error (Please try again and provide the info if you don't remember): Sept 20, 1930 cst-0100 cst

When it is failing? (For example, is it when you're trying to upload a game, a team change, or after advancing a week? If it's advancing a week, can you include whether it is when you're advancing to or from your week. For example, advancing to week 7.): Everytime you try to adv it takes forever and then on the last step it says that the servers are unavail. Tried restarting console and logging in tried tranferring comish all with same result.

Coaching Carousel, Custom Conferences): Every person has custom playbooks just about the big 12 was expanded to 12 total teams and notre dame was added to big ten. No teambuilder, coaching carousel is on.

If you're using Custom Conferences, what changes did you make? (Ex. Turning the Big East into a 16 team league): See above

Do you/can you provide a video link showing off the exactly what you’re seeing on your console? Visually seeing this is huge for the developers. Not of what was ahppening last night but i have video of how after that dyn crashed and i am trying to rejoin with an invite it tells me that i cant and to try again later.

P.S. We have been doing this ever since the first dyn and every single player in this dyn is seriously concidering wether or not to buy NCAA 2013 because it has been nothing but a nightmare. Each paying $60 for the game and then $15 for the time savers..... a waste so far. And don't think this is a isolated league. Guys I work with in the military said they are not buying this game next year and all of us are hoping that 2k gets their act together and gets back in the buisness so you guys have some competition to actually fix things in a timely manner vs dragging your feet knowing we have no choice if we want to play a football game. Not sure what has happened with EA but year to year seems like it gets more and more bugs. PLEASE FIX YOUR GAMES!!!
NCAA Football Series  > NCAA® Football Series General Discussion
Go to: