[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Why do Origin/EA suck so much?  XML
Origin  > Ideas and Suggestions
Author Message




Joined: 09/21/2011 13:49:07
Messages: 6
Offline

So i figured I'd start this thread to perhaps reach out to EA/Origin. I think its safe to say that I'm not alone when I say the user experience when using EA/Origin absolutely sucks.

First and foremost, why the hell can't we change out master ID? EVERY other client out there allows us to do this, or at least change our alias'. So what makes Origin so special? I asked multiple service techs about this and got the same reply "it cannot be done and we don't know why". Seriously? You keep your employees in the dark about this stuff?

How about the ability to merge our old accounts into one? If we have the valid info why can't we merge it?

What other things have you guys noticed that you hate about the new Origin take over?

I can safely say that I will NOT be using Origin until they sort their crap out. If they want to compete with clients like Steam they really need to step it up cause right now, they are lacking horribly and making themselves look like fools.




Joined: 09/21/2011 14:11:46
Messages: 1
Offline

I can't buy BF3, it's says "Payment Authorisation Failed" even all the info I've given is right and valid, I can't contact EA support because I can't sign in just says my password/username is wrong.
The fact we HAVE to use origin to play BF3 even though origin is beta and is buggy and broken as hell is just frustrating.
They need to make the thing work before they think they can compete with steam and other clients, they offer cheaper, easy and a WORKING service.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/21/2011 12:26:03





Joined: 12/12/2010 21:01:17
Messages: 145
Offline

Well, by the title I can see you're up for an open and balanced discourse.

I'm not saying you aren't right though, far from it.

For me it's the Origin EULA and lack of response on the forums to requests to clarify aspects of the EULA.
Sure, mod types are active here, but it's mainly deleting rogue posts and guiding people to other avenues of (often fruitless) questioning.

Those are the primary points of contention I hold.

I'd love to be in a position where I could install Origin with confidence and start complaining about other things.

This signature has been Hidden by a Moderator




Joined: 03/04/2010 12:41:46
Messages: -9
Offline

short answer to your question in the thread title?

-> because EA gives a * about their customers!

i urge everyone to boycot their stasi spyware tool named Origin!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/21/2011 14:11:32





Joined: 09/18/2011 15:53:27
Messages: 73
Offline

I'm boycotting it. I've also made many others aware of the way EA is trying to watch everything you do.




Joined: 09/21/2011 13:49:07
Messages: 6
Offline

Glad to see I'm not alone...you can bet I'll be boycotting as well and I've already started to spread the word to friends who have since uninstalled it.

If SWTOR needs origin to be able to play, I'll be returning my copy as well. No way am I gonna support a crappy company like this, I don't care how bad I want the game.



[Avatar]
Joined: 07/23/2011 20:01:09
Messages: 11
Offline

ghee, sure is steamfanboii in here.
if they suck so much why are you posting on EAs forum?
just goes to show the average mind of a steam gamer.
go back to milking of the gayben.





Joined: 12/12/2010 21:01:17
Messages: 145
Offline

You're the first person to mention steam Bweai, well, other than the challenge by Op to be better than it.

Let's be honest, if they didn't intend to try to be better than steam, then why the hell are they bothering?

This signature has been Hidden by a Moderator




Joined: 09/21/2011 13:49:07
Messages: 6
Offline

Bweai wrote:ghee, sure is steamfanboii in here.
if they suck so much why are you posting on EAs forum?
just goes to show the average mind of a steam gamer.
go back to milking of the gayben.


lol...love it "the average mind of a steam user". It's called trying to get the attention of a company buddy. But judging from your post you don't have the competency to understand that.

I can tell your an EA fan boy... especially if you think there is nothing wrong with the way the Origin take over is going...



[Avatar]
Joined: 07/23/2011 20:01:09
Messages: 11
Offline

ChaosFromAbove wrote:
Bweai wrote:ghee, sure is steamfanboii in here.
if they suck so much why are you posting on EAs forum?
just goes to show the average mind of a steam gamer.
go back to milking of the gayben.


lol...love it "the average mind of a steam user". It's called trying to get the attention of a company buddy. But judging from your post you don't have the competency to understand that.

I can tell your an EA fan boy... especially if you think there is nothing wrong with the way the Origin take over is going...

Im not even an EA fan boy, I dont like a lot of the things EA does, and I know Origin has tough competition, But imo Origin is like battlefield, Steam is call of duty.
Origin might have a small user base, yet has lots of potential and it sure does have more quality than Steam does.
Steam has a ton of users, Terrible support, Quality is terrible too because of performance. Origin is very light weight and does just about everything Steam does.
I like EA's support chat, Something Steam is to cheap to pay for.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/22/2011 13:20:12






Joined: 03/04/2010 12:41:46
Messages: -9
Offline

wrong.

steam is like the FORSA.
they call you on the phone and ask you questions about your opinion to ongoing issues/problems/events/development. that's optional and you know when they do that.

origin is like the GESTAP0.
they secretly lookup everything you do. if they to not approve, they * you over. that's spying and criminal (at least in europe).

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 09/22/2011 13:52:45





Joined: 09/21/2011 13:49:07
Messages: 6
Offline

mer.at wrote:wrong.

steam is like the FORSA.
they call you on the phone and ask you questions about your opinion to ongoing issues/problems/events/development. that's optional and you know when they do that.

origin is like the GESTAP0.
they secretly lookup everything you do. if they to not approve, they * you over. that's spying and criminal (at least in europe).



+1 and i love the references lol

Oh and another thing, you can get battlefield on steam, which i did. I've honestly NEVER had a big problem with steam. All the issues I've had were resolved that day. I mean sure every now and then they loose connection, but no ones perfect and at least they choose to fix the issues and actually listen to their customers..unlike EA/Origin...honestly, Origin is giving EA a bad name.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/22/2011 14:13:44





Joined: 02/18/2011 15:23:45
Messages: 2
Offline

i stuck in the "origin-help-lifechat" now for about 2 hours... i started on place 5 with suggested 36 minutes to wait...
after about 50 minutes it said there are no available advisors - rofl - and kicked me out...
i relogged into chat and got the same massage - place 5 36 minutes...
this is the 3rd night (it's 01:15 am my time now) with the same s*it!!
it's so lame, no response at all...
and the next big clue is: tons of ppl got massages like "sry we can't change your name" - while others get it done after 30 minutes talking... @askEAsupport from twitter tells you they can do this, @zh1nt0 from EA/Dice tells you they can do that...
but they don't know nothing... and they're pretty sure they can't do it...

god damn, why is this still called support?
it's more like - call us if you wanna get mad!

starting to hate the "support" over here... where is the CEO of EA atm? i would love to here what he says to that...
so sad...




_________________________________________

btw, why do EA-workers delete massages in this thread but not responding at all? -.-

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/22/2011 16:19:09





Joined: 05/31/2010 21:30:33
Messages: 8
Offline

In my world suckin is a good thing




Joined: 09/13/2011 14:56:52
Messages: 15
Offline

Bweai wrote:
ChaosFromAbove wrote:
Bweai wrote:ghee, sure is steamfanboii in here.
if they suck so much why are you posting on EAs forum?
just goes to show the average mind of a steam gamer.
go back to milking of the gayben.


lol...love it "the average mind of a steam user". It's called trying to get the attention of a company buddy. But judging from your post you don't have the competency to understand that.

I can tell your an EA fan boy... especially if you think there is nothing wrong with the way the Origin take over is going...

Im not even an EA fan boy, I dont like a lot of the things EA does, and I know Origin has tough competition, But imo Origin is like battlefield, Steam is call of duty.
Origin might have a small user base, yet has lots of potential and it sure does have more quality than Steam does.
Steam has a ton of users, Terrible support, Quality is terrible too because of performance. Origin is very light weight and does just about everything Steam does.
I like EA's support chat, Something Steam is to cheap to pay for.


Yup, no bias in that statement at all. For me, Steam is excellent and Origin seems quite alright, with the exception of the privacy clause. Then again, my iPhone is currently tracking my location, maybe I shouldn't be so worried.

Origin  > Ideas and Suggestions
Go to: