[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
ORIGIN says I'm offline  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

I don't know what happened to my original post, maybe EA doesn't want me posting lol.

Anyway, Origin client says

I AM online, otherwise I wouldn't be able to post this. My connection status, however, displays this on the bottom right:

Not connected - No connections are available.

I am wired straight into the modem, but wifi is on for the PS3 upstairs...

PLEASE someone help me!!!

TIA,

Darryl

Don't be scared by my Hollywood Undead background!

Same problem.

I have the same problem. Does anyone have a fix? Does EA give a * that we cant play there game? Probably not.

I have the same problem. If I unplug the internet cable and then plug it in again I can be online as long as the symbol in the windows bar doesn't change to "not internet acces" (around 10 seconds) :S

I even tried to unninstal origin and reinstal it again and I couldnt even log in because it said that i had to be online...
I had to unplug and plug the internet cable and log in in those 10 seconds.

Ok now i really need help with this. I cannot update BF3 because of this issue and i cannot play!. Is there another way to update it?

My Origin is Offline for 2 weeks i cannot log in.
Support have no fix for that and EA doesnt seem to give a *.

Developer
[Avatar]

6yka357 wrote:Support have no fix for that and EA doesnt seem to give a *.

Hello,

EA is only able to provide limited support for this type of issue as it's caused by a bug in Microsoft's Windows

This thread contains various solutions to this issue and is the best place to discuss the problem
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itpronetworking/thread/df17c593-e78f-4878-97b0-7569307934c5

Hope it helps

dmex

dmex wrote:
6yka357 wrote:Support have no fix for that and EA doesnt seem to give a *.

Hello,

EA is only able to provide limited support for this type of issue as it's caused by a bug in Microsoft's Windows

This thread contains various solutions to this issue and is the best place to discuss the problem
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itpronetworking/thread/df17c593-e78f-4878-97b0-7569307934c5

Hope it helps

dmex

I noticed that too, on Win7 64. In control panel/connections it has a red cross and says that im not connected to internet. i deleted my VPN connection, made a reboot and set it up again.
im only wondering why it only affects Origin.. Steam and everything else working fine

HOLY JESUS BALLS IT WORKS ! I stopped this service and run it again. now control panel says im connected and origin finally works. YES. F%$K YES >:O
Downloading BF3 at 12MB/s : D

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 12/13/2011 23:25:37

Developer
[Avatar]

6yka357 wrote:I noticed that too, on Win7 64. In control panel/connections it has a red cross and says that im not connected to internet. i deleted my VPN connection, made a reboot and set it up again.
im only wondering why it only affects Origin.. Steam and everything else working fine

Steam, Firefox and some other applications use the low level Socket API directly, They do not use the higher-level InternetXXX APIs available and as such re-implement a significant amount of standard Internet functionality themselves.

Origin uses the higher-level APIs as they come with extra features such as better diagnostics, configurability and the NLM API for real-time callback notifications of network events and network property changes, Internet connectivity may change due to connectivity issue further upstream than the directly connected machine's connection, say several network hops away and the low-level socket API is unable to detect issues like this. The event mechanism provided by the NLA API provides constant updates to reflect any changes in status allowing Origin to take appropriate actions asynchronously without interruptions to keep you online and connected.

E.G. If you have two network interfaces available and NLM reports connectivity is lost, Origin is able to seamlessly switch to the other available connection without disconnecting and reconnecting you from the service or from chat.

You can find out more about the Network Awareness API here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee264321.aspx

6yka357 wrote:
HOLY JESUS BALLS IT WORKS ! I stopped this service and run it again. now control panel says im connected and origin finally works. YES. F%$K YES >:O
Downloading BF3 at 12MB/s : D

It's good to hear those solutions worked and your able to use Origin again

dmex

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/14/2011 00:39:10

My issue appeared to be caused by the little yellow caution triangle that win7 puts up saying no internet access when using a satellite hotspot. Fixed it by right clicking computer -> manage -> services -> start the wired auto config service.
Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: