[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Xbox freezes on NBA JAM On Fire startup  XML
NBA JAM  > NBA JAM Feedback

Okay, this is really a glitch/bug that should not happen, and I hope it's going to be fixed soon!!

I downloaded the game yesterday, played for a while, but since today I can't access it anymore. I come to the startup screen, I press start, select my hard drive to load my game data and the Xbox freezes.
I tried to delete the game and redownload it but it didn't help. I can try deleting my game saves but I actually don't want to do that. I mean, even if that works, maybe I have to delete it again the next day.

When I search google then I see that I'm not the only one having that problem.

How can EA miss such a bug in play testing? Damn...

Exact same issue. Have deleted an redownloaded numerous times.

Yeah, I mean, this sucks. I just spent 1200 points on this and I want to play it! So please EA, give us a patch immediately!

EDIT: Okay, I think I have an idea what could be the case. I just deleted my save files and started new. Now I suddenly have challenges and stuff which I didn't have yesterday. I friend of mine who bought it yesterday as well said he had all that stuff yesterday already. So I think it has something to do with the fact that I unlocked the full game within the game. My friend unlocked it outside, in the XBL dashboard.
I mean, I could be wrong, but this may be a reason. Anyway, it works now with the new save data.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/08/2011 10:21:52

Worked like a champ - thanks much!!

Im having the same problem...I found out how to make it work..sign off xboxlive,till u get to the main menu.then sign online..the game then will try to sign on to the EA servers cancel it..boom..you can play NBA Jam but not online..use this till EA patches the game...

Wow, it freezes when I start Road Trip. Damn EA!

I have this same problem. I have 2 Xboxes- I downloaded the full version on Xbox #1 and placed the save file on my USB drive with my profile and all of my other game save files. A day later I downloaded it onto Xbox #2 and when I go to start the game up it freezes immediately on the very first screen displayed when the game loads. I tried to load this numerous times and I CAN get it to work eventually, maybe 1 out of 10 times. But, I do nothing different when it works so it appears to be somewhat random.

I did NOT have the demo so that isn't the cause. I refuse to delete my save file if I lose any of my progress and/or stats because I'm sure the problem will just happen again.

Any word from EA on this? Have they even confirmed this is a known bug and mentioned an upcoming patch or anything? I give EA a lot of my money, I expect better from them than this. I was already annoyed when Madden 12 named Jay Cutler my super bowl MVP after throwing for 90 yards and a few interceptions while Matt Forte had over 300 yards rushing. But, at least I was able to play that game. Please help us out EA!

I have this exact same issue. I recently purchased the game and cannot play the game now. I have even deleted my Save game files from the XBox and it continues to freeze at startup. I'm going to try the trick previously mentioned of NOT signing into XBox Live until AFTER the game is loaded, then sign in and CANCEL the EA server login. Hopefully then I can play. It's sad this has NOT been fixed yet. Can I get my 1200 points back for this game for this issue? I'd like my money back, honestly, if I cannot play.

it works for me when i put the game file on an external hard drive.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/10/2012 23:59:57

I hope they fix this

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/11/2012 00:00:26

Having the same issue. Have been on the phone with EA for probably a combined 3 hours.

First, the guy had me delete NBA Jam, and all the saved files (bye bye progress). Then he also had me delete all my files for Madden 2012, and NHL 2012 (told me I wouldn't lose progress as it was all saved on EA servers... WRONG). He said these games have known glitches with other games. Then had me reset my Xbox clock to Nov 2005, and clear system cache. Downloaded NBA Jam OFE again, and was able to play... UNTIL I saved and shut it off. then same old freezing on start screen. Already lost all my coin, and all the guys I had unlocked.

Called EA again. This guy had me delete it NBA Jam again, clear cache... But he has escalated it to the next level of support, who should be contacting me in 24-72 hours. SO disappointed. Hope they fix it soon!

I had this happen to me a second time last week.

Only solution I know of is to delete your game save. That works for me.

Sucks, because I've now lost all my progress twice.

same problem...

for some reason it stops freezing when i go to network settings from the settings section of the dashboard and i run an xbox live test

im having a similar problem i get passed the start up screen but in the middle of the game it freezes this is * me off fix the game this shouldn't happen. to many people are having a problem with this game either take it of the marketplace until its fixed because people are now wasting there money for a game that doesn't even work or get to fixing it. also if anyone has any thoughts on how this could be fix it would be appreciated.
NBA JAM  > NBA JAM Feedback
Go to: