[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Why can't I use my BF2 soldier's name as OriginID?  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

Even though after I created a different ID, I searched for that user in Origin and soldier name in BF3, it says user not found/does not exist.

So why can't I use RedBeaver? Is it... offensive? lol

I now end up with R3dBeaver after trying to get a name change and ended up creating a totally new OriginID after the nice support folks kindly answers the same thing over and over again. "You need to have a real name or ID in the name to be eligible for a name change"

All this just so my BF3 soldier name can be the same as my BF2 soldier name (Redbeaver)(or something close to it)

So what gives?

I was livid, but I think I'm over it now, but more like curious at this point. Of course, I would get super pissed again should I bump to a "Redbeaver" in BF3........... LOL

[Avatar]

...and this is me on the new account! LOL
[WWW]

Same problem here. Had four people respond in english text that really struggled to comprehend or be able to respond properly. No reason they couldn't carry my tag over from other games. Now my tag looks dumb (considering it's a cartoon name in the first place. I was once the Legend "CptKaboom" and now I'm a * "CptKab00m". So, look out for me in BF3 as Captain Ka-double zero-* :/

[Avatar]

LOL then we're on the same boat.

but yes, I believe it's EA that has a new regulation or something that thinks "beaver" is an offensive word....

not sure why Kaboom doesn't work either?
[WWW]

It's just a bug, I think. I've got about 12 different Personas in my EA Account and, for some reason, can't make my EA ID any of them. It says the name is already taken. The thing is, it's taken by me... in an EA game. I don't know why that should affect my Origin/EA account.

Piemonkey wrote:It's just a bug, I think. I've got about 12 different Personas in my EA Account and, for some reason, can't make my EA ID any of them. It says the name is already taken. The thing is, it's taken by me... in an EA game. I don't know why that should affect my Origin/EA account.

exactly. same thing. mine has been taken by me too lol

well i just hope when BF3 is released, they can make me create a soldier name, using a completely separate naming database from this screwup...

+1 this...^^

Same here, I was just "Vetrix" in BF2 and 2142.
Now I can't use it with the EA/Origin account, cause it says its all ready been taken, but after a soldier search nothing comes up.

I want to use my original nick.

Any chance of some official feedback from a EA representative?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/31/2011 06:28:35

Not sure its actually a bug, it could have been registered by someone else. Apparently the nicknames were never transferred when EA Download Manager changed to Origin.

So, our nicknames could very well be taken by someone who just created a empty Origin account.

Been chatting and talking to support about this and they are not very happy with how EA handled this MasterID circus.

They aren't taken by another account (try to search for the name you want that you have as a Persona and should supposedly be taken - you won't find one).

There would be an easy solution: Right now we can select different Personas in our profile. Why not make it so the one we choose will become our Master ID.

This is how it should work cause it seems like the account system handles Personas as EA/Origin ID's aswell, that's why you can't use the name you have as a Persona

KodY wrote:They aren't taken by another account (try to search for the name you want that you have as a Persona and should supposedly be taken - you won't find one).

Yes, its a bit fishy when the search doesnt find anything. Apparently my previous nickname was registered to another Origin account back in 2010 but still strange why we cant find them using search.

The Origin ID I wanted was taken away by myself in BF3 beta in PS3... i don't understand why EA can't integrate it together.. so lame..

They need to fix this thing.. otherwise Origin is doomed......
Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: