[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Unable to Sync data with Cloud (and hence unable to start any game mode)  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

So after days of trouble with downloading, redownloading, redownloading & redownloading I finally get BF3 installed thanks to work around provided by other users of this forums. So I figure I can finally enjoy the game that I purchased, but nope Origin has to give me yet another surprise. Whenever I try to launch a game from battlelog it gets stuck on initializing, a message from origin pops up

ERROR SYNCHING CLOUD STORAGE DATA
Your latest cloud storage data may not be available

(as seen in this screenshot, a download and game manager actually working and one not working)

When I click play anyways it pops up again, only play anyway is replaced with retry sync and it never works. So the game never launches and it says initializing on battlelog forever. So I can't even play the single player because of this.

Using a VPN temporarily fixed it, but a VPN connection is unstable (I was only able to be in a game for a few minutes) and having to use one when the game was already released for my region (The United States) is unacceptable. I hope this doesn't become another Alice: Madness Returns where the game is unplayable due to technical issues that are 100% on EA's end and they just ignore it because they already have our money. I've already delayed my preorder of the old republic because of this and I'm thinking of just dropping that game all together so EA never gets another penny from me.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/28/2011 14:30:49

I guess if you go into the options and disable cloud it works (at least for coop)

your pc's time is out.. make sure its correct.

Schwag-UK wrote:your pc's time is out.. make sure its correct.

Then Microsoft's time is out, my time is synchronized with their servers.

This JUST started happening to me.

This pc is a new build, as of this week. Fresh install of win7. Latest nvidia whql drivers.

Game installed and played fine for a couple days now. Despite my frustration with the binding of the keys, all seemed alright. I was able to join games online, play them, etc.

Just now I finished a game and now I'm getting this exact same issue.

I can seemingly no longer get into the game to play. I've tried rebooting, logging in and out of origin, etc. Nothing has changed on MY end, as I was playing quite nicely for hours at a time for at least 2 days now. This is quite sudden and unfortunate.

Same here i am no longer able to play... WTF!! I understand bugs with a new game but it was working fine until today. There is no excuse!!

1100t BE
GigaByte 990fxa-ud7
12gb Kingston Hyper x
2 x 6970 in crossfireX
1200w In-Win Psu
ThermalTake mk-1 Chaser Case

Yep. Just now the exact same thing is happening to me. Another friend of mine on Origin is having the same issue as well while another is not.

same thing with me too , just played for 3 hours with no issues and now bam sync trouble and no go.

I'm having this issue too, with all Origin games that have Cloud Syncing.

Snapdad wrote:This JUST started happening to me.

This pc is a new build, as of this week. Fresh install of win7. Latest nvidia whql drivers.

Game installed and played fine for a couple days now. Despite my frustration with the binding of the keys, all seemed alright. I was able to join games online, play them, etc.

Just now I finished a game and now I'm getting this exact same issue.

I can seemingly no longer get into the game to play. I've tried rebooting, logging in and out of origin, etc. Nothing has changed on MY end, as I was playing quite nicely for hours at a time for at least 2 days now. This is quite sudden and unfortunate.

UPDATE! (But still not good at all.)

I have figured out that if I uncheck the box for cloud storage under pre-release software, then I was able to launch the game. Hooray!

But now the audio on the game has become insanely muted and I cannot hear the game at all. Teamspeak and all other audio on my computer is working fine.

I can hear it, but it's muffled and incredibly quiet. I am not going to turn my speakers to max to simply hear the game quietly. Something broke badly here.

UPDATE II:
I have uninstalled the game and was going to quickly reinstall it, since I clicked that check box in Origin that said 'save install files' after the first time I installed and had to reinstall and learned that it hadn't saved the 11 some odd GIGS of data.

So, now I'm downloading the game for the THIRD time. And yeah, that checkbox is still checked, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Kind of like the key mapping.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/04/2011 20:54:22

I have the problem FIFA 12 cloud but i can sync with NFS Shift 2

I am John98Zakaria
I can proof IT
I am very worried about my account
Please I need help not investigations
HELP HELP and HELP !!
I can't stop thinking about it
[Email] [Yahoo!]

hey guys.. i had the same problem..
now its perfectly fine..
what i did was
i clicked on the small cloud button on my fifa 12 and the cloud scren appeared..then i clicked on "REVERT"
it then replaced the cloud settings with the ones saved in my computer..
then it resynced ..
i havnt had problems since.!
hope it helped!!

Try completely closing origin and opening it up again. Worked for me.
Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: