[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Dear EA Sports.  XML
NHL Series  > NHL® Series General Discussion

[Avatar]

I've been lucky enough in the past years to get invited to the EA facility and talk with the Dev about the game and how to make it better. There’s a bunch of great guys on the team, and they are all guys with good values. For that I thank you!

Sadly while playing NHL 12, I feel cheated, ashamed, and think my contribution gave nothing to the series. I gave a lot of feedback over the past years, I never really heard a thank you or our ideas been being implied to the game. You see hockey is a great sports, this game isn’t great.

I hear a lot of times the dev team telling the NHL Gaming World to play fair and don’t use the flaws of the game. Now I’m smart enough to know that every game has a flaw and EA, 2K, Midway and all the other video game company makes flaws, we know no company can’t make a perfect product, you can’t please 100% of the customers. Meaning a lot of exploits should of been taken care of 2 games ago.

Although, I see no effort from the development team. I’m also wondering if they are even playing their own game. Like I would feel proud to be working on a title where many hockey fans sitting on their couch, having a beer or a pop have a blast. But this game is a shame to all of us. Year after year we see the exact same thing happening. Don’t even try to say the opposite. Look at the gameplay, to what it is right now, the tuners seems to be rushed, the update has more issues then the previous versions.

I don’t want to be negative person, I try to stay positive as most at the time. I’ve heard from a few guys over EA saying that: guys don’t be negative we won’t take consideration of your feedback”. Well I’m sorry but how can we be positive when we play a game that’s going downhill. You guys will be getting positive feedback when you deserve it, but at this time, you deserve to be facing the music. You give us a game where fans feel abandon.

Remember around 7-8 years ago where EA was on top for the best NHL game, then 2K Sports showed more pride in their product, and they took the lead. Well guess what! I sure hope it happens again!

EA Sports Game Changers:
To be honest with you guys, I have no issue with you. You’ve all earned it to be recognized by the NHL community. Sadly kissing EA’s “you know what” is getting quite old. I know some of you, believe me you are all great person, although some of you ain’t helping the community, development team, the fans in general.

What I think went wrong with the NHL Series? I think by adding many games modes and never fixing the gameplay. You can add as many game mode in a year, but if you don’t touch your gameplay you’ve actually went backwards then progress.

I’m sorry but often at looking at the goals going in, I think, not much change since NHL 07. Yeah I’ll give you this year that on the break aways is harder to score, but it be nice to see the goalie stop a puck from the blue line with no traffic in front. Oh yeah it ends up as a five hole goal too!

By the way the legends was the biggest mistake ever made! Plain stupid, you made yourself looked bad from all the reviewers. You guys, have great ideas, but the choice that this year the biggest improvement was to add overrated copy-paste players is disappointed. Now trust me it's sweet to play as the great one, but the unlockable era, have done it's time. Give us the ability to play them from the start or simply nevermind. I'm sure this feature would of been more appreciated if it was in the first to be announced. Which makes me sad is mostly the cost of that being on to the product where it was so much needed elsewhere.

What does mostly of the NHL gaming fans want to see?
- We all want to see an authentic game where the total of shots might make a difference, meaning a fatigue team for always being in their zone.

- Most hockey games scores are, 2-1, 3-2, 3-1, 4-0 not 9-8, 6-5, 7-3, 11-3 with 12 shots vs 44. Yes I totally understand you might get the odd game where everything works your way, but not all the time, that’s fantasy. We aren’t play football, hockey is a hard game to score points, especially with the talent of today.

- Passing, if there’s something hard in hockey is a tape to tape passing between 3 players, but with this game its either a joke, or the pass doesn’t even go near its receiver.

-Momentum means a lot in hockey, this game has none, no penalty after the wishtle, meaning u can do what ever you want , theirs no penalty, and the good guys aren’t rewarded. Fighting has very few affect unlike the real life.

- Rivalry between teams, well there’s none; I think NHL 2004 had done a better job! (8 years ago)

- Hitting, EA Sports were bragging about their new collision system 2 years ago. Hey I’ll be honest I brag too all of the NHL gaming community they were in for a treat since you guys were doing an awesome job. Today’s it’s a totally different opinion, why does the dekes disable to ability to get hit, that’s where all your cheap goals get score. 1) you can’t hit 2) poke check will end up tripping the opponent 3) poke check will deflect to poke to the opposition stick since it’s a magnet like all previous years.

- Puck Physics: well its sad, puck will go through a crowd, poke check doesn’t even make sense it ALWAYS ends up on a stick, never it will be loose in the play.

- Goalies are live, Nope! It’s awesome you finally made it happen to hit the goalie but sadly, there must be a condition, its either the puck is near him.

- Hockey is fun, this is far from being fun.

-Stop creating new game modes, just stop and focus on gameplay and you’ll see all other game modes be a lot better by not touching them.

What do I want to see from this topic?
1) I don’t want to see this close
2) I’d love to hear from EA Sports directly.
3) I want EA to learn from this so they can continue I mean restart doing a good product to their fans.
I’m not a fan favourite, and I don’t plan too. I don’t kiss anyone “you know what”. I just give my opinion.

I really hope the future for NHL games is better than this!

Sincerely,
Luc Wolfe

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/10/2011 18:55:23

ctn founder // http://www.crashthenet.ca/community
NHL 08 - 13 Community Event website // http://event.crashthenet.ca/
[WWW]

I agree with most of everything here. I think they need to completely focus on presentation and gameplay only. Then maybe we will get a faithful representation of every aspect of the NHL for the on ice gameplay. That's what matters most to me, not all these different modes that I never use.

[Avatar]

I also attended the NHL 11 community event two years ago. The funny thing is when NHL 11 was coming out I was very happy with what they did and proud to say that to the community. I thought NHL 11 was a great step in the right direction even if there were still a few flaws. In fact I couldn't wait for NHL 12 based on what they were promising... Sadly those promises seem a long way away right now.

NHL 12 is a huge step back from NHL 11 and I can't help but feel our feedback was just ignored at the NHL 11 event. I hate to say it but this may be the worst hockey game I've ever played. (In terms of fun, not in terms of graphics, controls, etc.) The game has taken maybe one step forward, however they've taken 5 steps back.

In fact here are those 5 steps back:

1. Legends mode... Let's face it maybe it worked from a marketing point of view but this was the biggest waste of time/money feature that I've ever seen. Also considering this was this years big feature...

2. Goaltending... What can I say... Still not realistic... Still not fun to shoot on. I want to see some variety of goals and not feel like it's scripted to go in or not.

3. AI has basically not been improved much at all this year. (Sure offense is a little better, but defense/goalie AI are just as terrible. In fact that makes the game worse when you only improve the offensive side of the game.)

4. Defense gets worse, while offense gets better... Okay technically this happened shortly after NHL 11 release with tuners that made the game worse. (Too be fair some of it was also the fact players overall got so high.) This includes passing this year which is a joke. You can fire 90mph passes through 4 defenders and it gets on the tape of the offensive player and he picked it up clean. The game seemed to really try harder to cater to the 12 year old/ casual hockey crowd over the last year and a half. Might as well call NHL 13; "NHL 5 on 5 arcade" at this point.

5. Online play... This is the real problem of NHL 12. Heck this has been a big problem for the EA NHL series. Not sure what it is whether it's lag, but one sided games are disgusting! It's not in my head, some games clearly are meant for one team to win. This never happened in 2K's game and I did lose in that game as well. In fact everyone I know who has played both series said they don't ever remember blaming the 2K game for seeming one-sided. It's just EA's game; admit your game can be one-sided for a team and FIX IT! I'm tired of it and so are a lot of people. I could handle everything else if the game was just fair and even every night. Sadly that's not the case. (This year is the worse for this issue too.)

Even though I attended the event for NHL 11. I'm not afraid to say I almost didn't buy NHL 12 based on the demo and I also regret my purchase. I may be without a hockey game for NHL 13 for the first time in well over a decade if NHL 13 is not majorly improved. Of course it may be an empty threat... I'll admit it, like many of us I'm a sucker. I want to play a hockey game as a large portion of my life revolves around the sport. The problem is with the passion comes frustration at how sloppy this years product is. I'm not trying to be cruel, I'm just trying to give my honest opinion of NHL 12. Please EA I implore you not to simply dismiss this post as being malicious or hateful. We still have hope they you can come out hard next year and deliver a product worthy of being called "NHL."

I've figured it out... EA hired a pro scout to rate players... Unfortunately EA didn't know he was a pro scout for horse racing.

Roster Discussion thread: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9689902.page

Hey guys, this is GHuysmans posting here from the IGN Boards.
For those of you who don't know of me, I have been a recent NHL Community Event member for the last two years (which I am thankful for). Luc informed me of this thread on NHL 12's issues and I couldn't help but support a vast majority of the statements he has made.

Dating back to 1994 when I played my first hockey and EA Sports game, I remember having the time of my life. I remember picking up that controller multiples times a day, just enjoying myself and the times I spent with my brother. At that age, I never though that a game like this could get any better. Boy was I wrong.. After years went on, my brother and I put our money together year after year to purchase a PC copy of every NHL up until NHL 2002. We would constantly be upgrading our families PC to get the best performance that we can for each year's title, and we enjoyed it. NHL 2003 was my game purchase for my XBOX and my first purchase of a console NHL game since NHL 94 and I quite enjoyed it.. But it didn't feel right. I ended up going back to the PC version of NHL 2004 and in my opinion, it was the greatest NHL game you guys ever created.

The reason I loved NHL 2004 was the transition of authenticity from each year. You had your colour-commentary with corky and childish comment from Don Taylor (which was alright I guess..) over to a more sim-style approach that I absolutely adored. From then on, I thought the NHL series was going in the right direction.

Years went by where the NHL franchise was improving into something magnificent. The introduction of the Skill Stick on the X360 and the visuals were absolutely astounding for this current generation, and with all the interviews for NHL 07, you can see the pride that all the developers had to present. We could all see the good work they put into the game.

Then we had NHL 08. NHL 08 was the Windows 7 of NHL 07. The performance was increased significantly, the framerate was absolutely astounding that it took me awhile to adjust to it.. The game was more authentic and a joy to play with my brother and friends.

Once Xbox Live and online gaming started to kick off, NHL 09 was the game for online play, especially with the introduction of EASHL (which I'm so-so about). With the EASHL, it definitely is a great focus point to centralize your marketing around, and it had a wide majority of everyone sold. Nevermind the addition of BAP

Now we get to the fun stuff...

NHL 10, NHL 11, NHL 12..
I'm not going to go into major detail on what each game flawed, so I'm going to sum it all up for you.

Today when I put my coaster in my Xbox.. Excuse me, NHL 12.. and what do I see when the game starts up? Thousands and thousands of game modes that I myself, a hardcore hockey gamer, am not going to play.
What justifies the cause of adding new features year after year, to a game where the gameplay has so many issues.
Sure you can play as a Legend on your favourite team, or play with the Colorado Avalanche in the Winter Classic.. But where does it come down to actually gameplay. It is hockey after all, is it not?

If you guys think that adding more game modes into the game is going to improve your market? Think again. Think about the people that aren't going to buy your games because what was an issue two years ago, still hasn't been addressed or fixed. Stop trying to attract the young and simple-minded market, and try to regain your ground on what you guys have already lost in performance.

The only thing I can really say that you guys improved in NHL 12, are the player animations when either shooting or handling the puck. That's enough to justify a purchase, right?

Everything that Luc listed above is true. There's no way to deny it or justify your reasoning behind it.
I would also like to see this thread not get locked/deleted, and hopefully we can hear the voices of the hardcore fans.

Whatever...

GHuysmans

[Avatar]

I Am Rock Solid wrote:Hey guys, this is GHuysmans posting here from the IGN Boards.
For those of you who don't know of me, I have been a recent NHL Community Event member for the last two years (which I am thankful for). Luc informed me of this thread on NHL 12's issues and I couldn't help but support a vast majority of the statements he has made.

Dating back to 1994 when I played my first hockey and EA Sports game, I remember having the time of my life. I remember picking up that controller multiples times a day, just enjoying myself and the times I spent with my brother. At that age, I never though that a game like this could get any better. Boy was I wrong.. After years went on, my brother and I put our money together year after year to purchase a PC copy of every NHL up until NHL 2002. We would constantly be upgrading our families PC to get the best performance that we can for each year's title, and we enjoyed it. NHL 2003 was my game purchase for my XBOX and my first purchase of a console NHL game since NHL 94 and I quite enjoyed it.. But it didn't feel right. I ended up going back to the PC version of NHL 2004 and in my opinion, it was the greatest NHL game you guys ever created.

The reason I loved NHL 2004 was the transition of authenticity from each year. You had your colour-commentary with corky and childish comment from Don Taylor (which was alright I guess..) over to a more sim-style approach that I absolutely adored. From then on, I thought the NHL series was going in the right direction...

...The only thing I can really say that you guys improved in NHL 12, are the player animations when either shooting or handling the puck. That's enough to justify a purchase, right?

GHuysmans

I also remember NHL 94 and having a blast. (Played 92 first, but picked up NHL 94 shortly after it as I only started playing the game in like 1994. (Technically 95 was out, but expensive and I was only 6 years.) I remember when the N64 came out there weren't any good hockey games for awhile, but NHL 2001 came out on the PC and that was AMAZING! I would go over to my best friends house and we would play co-op in season mode and try to win the cup. Also during the Gamecube/Xbox/PS2 years I felt that the games were still fun, but on the decline and in 2004 switched over to 2k, until NHL 08. (Of course still played 2004 on the PC for awhile.)

About the animations in NHL 12. Don't know if that's a great example too be honest, as the checking can look "funky" and the skating can be quite glitchy at times. So yes a lot of animations look better, but some look quite a bit worse. (Shooting animations are the biggest improvement as you already stated.)

I've figured it out... EA hired a pro scout to rate players... Unfortunately EA didn't know he was a pro scout for horse racing.

I would love to see a board like IGN rip into this piece of garbage.

We all know the gamelplay is terrible but what will create change?

If the boards rip the gameplay people will take notice, but they go along with the status quo, probably on EA's payroll like good lap dogs.

if Sales drop- tough to imagine as popular as hockey is and with as little competition there is out there. Basically none.

and ill be honest here, i love this post and its spirit relishing in EA's glory days, but the only real way anything will change is if someone makes a better game that EA has to compete against. Then we will just have it all

wrong account

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/03/2011 18:03:02

being able to score the same goal with the same move five times in a game CANNOT happen. Once they fix that, everything else becomes bearable.

OTP would be a lot more fun on the big ice, but that's not an option. Can we make that an option.

If there's no activity from a controller for a minute of ice time in otp = boot. can we get that as an option. Or have an auto-pilot option, even the real Luongo has to take the occasional crap in the middle of overtime in the playoffs.

Compared to last year, I would say the number of last minute goals have shot through the roof. My team has taken to shooting from anywhere and everywhere in the last minute because the goalies can and will let it through.

Learn from other games : League of Legends throws ten people into one matchup, requires teams to pick a balanced roster (how do i know if the complete strangers i'm about to play with or against are ALL SNIPERS or ALL TOUGH GUYS)... and that game also makes a point of trying to ensure the players are suited to play against each other.
competitive balancing in Heroes of Newerth features an auto-team-balance feature.

Learn from other games : make NHL a subscription service for $5 a month, which is roughly the cost of buying the title anyways, and rather than trying to make a new game every year, just evolve the existing game until it gets to a point where we are all not furious with it.

OTP LOBBY is full of dirty lurkers waiting to make new players cry/trade in their game. If I join a lobby game and there are 2 guys on one team, 1 on the other, and as soon as i go to the team with 1, that guy switches to the team with the other 2, SO OBVIOUS AND NOT COOL. YOU 3 GO PLAY CLUB. OH YOU CAN'T BECAUSE OF THE 12 HR COOLDOWN?

I have multiple groups of people i play with because they're all over the world, work different schedules etc, but now i can't do club with my friends on the east coast in the early evening because it stops me from playing with my west coast buddies later that night.

Of all the mechanics EA could extract from world of warcraft, they went with COOLDOWNS.

What's that Gary Thorne? The pens are still playing at Mellon Arena?

Jim Hughson, yeah i get he's too busy being the voice of the CBC to do the voiceovers anymore, but come on... Gary Thorne? You can't tap * Irvin or Peter Maher or Jeremy Roenick to read a bunch of trivia about players into a microphone? Where is the league's pride in this game, because I don't think gary thorne actually does pbp for an nhl franchise.

Oh wait, this is hilarious : he does frozen four play by play for NCAA/ABC-ESPN
so we have the ncaa voice, but can we play as badgers v golden gophers maybe ? not a chance

He's a baseball guy, and not even very good at that. Rick Sutcliffe carried the world series telecasts for MLB international because well, Thorne likes to say things like "BING BANG BONG"

MIDWAY NHL HITZ was unbelievably fun, i got it and an extra controller for my neighbour's gamecube, just for the midway guy's commentary.

And if you ever played it, you know what this means.

FORSBERG PASSES TO FORSBERG, BACK TO FORSBERG, SHOOTS!!! GREAT SAVE FORSBERG!!!!

[Avatar]

well people say they need a 2nd game to have the best of the sport, sadly no one really buys both games. What's unacceptable is company taken advantage and gives a poor product.

As for the International rinks:

I've ask the ability to do that, the dev told me maybe we could switch from season to season (meaning months). Although the best scenario, I think it should be the team GM that decide the type of rink his team plays in, and not EA.

I've seen in the past years that peole have trouble using plays that would usually work in a standard NHL rink.

ctn founder // http://www.crashthenet.ca/community
NHL 08 - 13 Community Event website // http://event.crashthenet.ca/
[WWW]

Luc Wolfe wrote:I've been lucky enough in the past years to get invited to the EA facility and talk with the Dev about the game and how to make it better. There’s a bunch of great guys on the team, and they are all guys with good values. For that I thank you!

Sadly while playing NHL 12, I feel cheated, ashamed, and think my contribution gave nothing to the series. I gave a lot of feedback over the past years, I never really heard a thank you or our ideas been being implied to the game. You see hockey is a great sports, this game isn’t great.

I hear a lot of times the dev team telling the NHL Gaming World to play fair and don’t use the flaws of the game. Now I’m smart enough to know that every game has a flaw and EA, 2K, Midway and all the other video game company makes flaws, we know no company can’t make a perfect product, you can’t please 100% of the customers. Meaning a lot of exploits should of been taken care of 2 games ago.

Although, I see no effort from the development team. I’m also wondering if they are even playing their own game. Like I would feel proud to be working on a title where many hockey fans sitting on their couch, having a beer or a pop have a blast. But this game is a shame to all of us. Year after year we see the exact same thing happening. Don’t even try to say the opposite. Look at the gameplay, to what it is right now, the tuners seems to be rushed, the update has more issues then the previous versions.

I don’t want to be negative person, I try to stay positive as most at the time. I’ve heard from a few guys over EA saying that: guys don’t be negative we won’t take consideration of your feedback”. Well I’m sorry but how can we be positive when we play a game that’s going downhill. You guys will be getting positive feedback when you deserve it, but at this time, you deserve to be facing the music. You give us a game where fans feel abandon.

Remember around 7-8 years ago where EA was on top for the best NHL game, then 2K Sports showed more pride in their product, and they took the lead. Well guess what! I sure hope it happens again!

EA Sports Game Changers:
To be honest with you guys, I have no issue with you. You’ve all earned it to be recognized by the NHL community. Sadly kissing EA’s “you know what” is getting quite old. I know some of you, believe me you are all great person, although some of you ain’t helping the community, development team, the fans in general.

What I think went wrong with the NHL Series? I think by adding many games modes and never fixing the gameplay. You can add as many game mode in a year, but if you don’t touch your gameplay you’ve actually went backwards then progress.

I’m sorry but often at looking at the goals going in, I think, not much change since NHL 07. Yeah I’ll give you this year that on the break aways is harder to score, but it be nice to see the goalie stop a puck from the blue line with no traffic in front. Oh yeah it ends up as a five hole goal too!

By the way the legends was the biggest mistake ever made! Plain stupid, you made yourself looked bad from all the reviewers. You guys, have great ideas, but the choice that this year the biggest improvement was to add overrated copy-paste players is disappointed. Now trust me it's sweet to play as the great one, but the unlockable era, have done it's time. Give us the ability to play them from the start or simply nevermind. I'm sure this feature would of been more appreciated if it was in the first to be announced. Which makes me sad is mostly the cost of that being on to the product where it was so much needed elsewhere.

What does mostly of the NHL gaming fans want to see?
- We all want to see an authentic game where the total of shots might make a difference, meaning a fatigue team for always being in their zone.

- Most hockey games scores are, 2-1, 3-2, 3-1, 4-0 not 9-8, 6-5, 7-3, 11-3 with 12 shots vs 44. Yes I totally understand you might get the odd game where everything works your way, but not all the time, that’s fantasy. We aren’t play football, hockey is a hard game to score points, especially with the talent of today.

- Passing, if there’s something hard in hockey is a tape to tape passing between 3 players, but with this game its either a joke, or the pass doesn’t even go near its receiver.

-Momentum means a lot in hockey, this game has none, no penalty after the wishtle, meaning u can do what ever you want , theirs no penalty, and the good guys aren’t rewarded. Fighting has very few affect unlike the real life.

- Rivalry between teams, well there’s none; I think NHL 2004 had done a better job! (8 years ago)

- Hitting, EA Sports were bragging about their new collision system 2 years ago. Hey I’ll be honest I brag too all of the NHL gaming community they were in for a treat since you guys were doing an awesome job. Today’s it’s a totally different opinion, why does the dekes disable to ability to get hit, that’s where all your cheap goals get score. 1) you can’t hit 2) poke check will end up tripping the opponent 3) poke check will deflect to poke to the opposition stick since it’s a magnet like all previous years.

- Puck Physics: well its sad, puck will go through a crowd, poke check doesn’t even make sense it ALWAYS ends up on a stick, never it will be loose in the play.

- Goalies are live, Nope! It’s awesome you finally made it happen to hit the goalie but sadly, there must be a condition, its either the puck is near him.

- Hockey is fun, this is far from being fun.

-Stop creating new game modes, just stop and focus on gameplay and you’ll see all other game modes be a lot better by not touching them.

What do I want to see from this topic?
1) I don’t want to see this close
2) I’d love to hear from EA Sports directly.
3) I want EA to learn from this so they can continue I mean restart doing a good product to their fans.
I’m not a fan favourite, and I don’t plan too. I don’t kiss anyone “you know what”. I just give my opinion.

I really hope the future for NHL games is better than this!

Sincerely,
Luc Wolfe

Agree 100%...

[Avatar]

I was there for the NHL08 Community Event and thought the game was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I wasn't as happy with 09 but played the hell out of OTP. This mode brought the franchise to a whole new level and has actually forced other games like Madden to adapt such an option. But sadly we really haven't seen many drastic improvements made to the online gaming community.

NHL10 was a bit of an upgrade but the goaltenders were just awful! They would drop down in the splits from a pass along the blue line, wiff on wrist shots from the point like Gustavson did on Daugavins first NHL goal, or get stuck behind the net.

NHL11 was another bust when it came to the goal tending This game was the 3rd one with OTP but again we really saw no major improvements to the product. Infact it took a major step back! We were limited to a single dressing room for our club teams. In NHL10 you could have as many players playing as you wish, but if you had 7 who wanted to play, One player was always left out of the action.

And here we are with NHL12... I’m really at a loss for words for when it comes to this year’s edition. If I hit a guy shoulder to chest, he seems to find a way to fall forward on his face. Where did the physics go that we were promised in NHL11? The puck physics have yet to show up. Goalies are like Luongo and Thomas come playoff time yet again unfortunately. One side has a great goalie, and the other seems to have one who really doesn’t know where they are.

I’m going to skip on talking about the accuracy of the shooters in the game because it drive me off the wall with how Brian McGrattan or Francis Lessard can score at will from the slot.

I was on the fence at the start of the year debating on if I wanted to buy the game or not. I did and boy do I regret my decision. I bought this game because of my obsession with the sport and because my friends and my club teammates that I have built friendships with over the years all wanted to play the latest instalment of the NHL series. After talking to them and a number of community leaders from past events a majority of us feel cheated and that our influence and ideas have been ignored or have become obsolete.

The biggest issues that I have with the series of the past couple of years besides the inconsistencies is the crazy amount of “tuners” that are released to “fix” bugs in the game. With each tuner that is released, several new bugs appear. NHL11 and NHL12 were golden out of the box and on release day. I found that I had to play REAL positional hockey, set up actual plays and had to earn my goals that I scored. Once the casual hockey fans give their feedback because they see Crosby highlights on ESPN or Versus or whatever have you, they can’t re-create that goal that they see so the game has to be altered so that Joe Blow can score just like Sid the Kid’s top 10 goals.

Those goals were one of a kind and what we got to see every now and then. After these “tuners” come out its highlight goal after highlight goal, it has become beer league pick up hockey and no longer feels authentic like it on day 1.

AND the Legends... What can I say about them... Truthfully and honestly I feel the say way as the community leaders did when I got a chance to talk to them after the event. I asked and asked and asked for them to tell me what the big announcement was! The response I got from them all was the same but maybe phrased differently. "Disappointed" They never told me WHAT the big announcement was, just that they were in disbelief that it was the main focus or a "game changer"

edited after being able to sleep on my thoughts.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 11/04/2011 22:41:43

rob rcb031 wrote:I was there for the NHL08 Community Event and thought the game was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I wasn't happy with 09 but played the hell out of OTP. NHL10 was a bit of an upgrade but the goaltenders were just awful! they would drop down in the splits from a pass along the blue line. NHL11 was another bust with terrible goal tending and the inability to defend against cross crease passes or curve shots.

and here we are with NHL12... I hit a guy shoulder to chest he seems to find a way to fall forward on his face. goalies are like Luongo come playoff time. and Brian McGrattan can snipe from the slot like its no ones business.

I was on the fence at the start of the year debating on if I wanted to buy the game or not and I regret my decision. I have decided to turn my back on the franchise that I have been playing since NHLPA Hockey back in 1992. NHL12 will be the LAST EA Sports game that I will buy until I see a MAJOR improvement.

That isn't another new game mode, right?

[Avatar]

I Am Rock Solid wrote:
rob rcb031 wrote:I was there for the NHL08 Community Event and thought the game was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I wasn't happy with 09 but played the hell out of OTP. NHL10 was a bit of an upgrade but the goaltenders were just awful! they would drop down in the splits from a pass along the blue line. NHL11 was another bust with terrible goal tending and the inability to defend against cross crease passes or curve shots.

and here we are with NHL12... I hit a guy shoulder to chest he seems to find a way to fall forward on his face. goalies are like Luongo come playoff time. and Brian McGrattan can snipe from the slot like its no ones business.

I was on the fence at the start of the year debating on if I wanted to buy the game or not and I regret my decision. I have decided to turn my back on the franchise that I have been playing since NHLPA Hockey back in 1992. NHL12 will be the LAST EA Sports game that I will buy until I see a MAJOR improvement.

if thats the case I'm back in!

[Avatar]

I Am Rock Solid wrote:

Let's hope not.

NHL Series  > NHL® Series General Discussion
Go to: