[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
can't start play game?  XML
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online  > Report a Game Bug

i have tried multiple time to start a game but keep getting directed to the Unity Web Player download???? I have it installed already so I just followed the screen request.....still can't play a game it keeps going back to the Unity Web Player download??????

[Avatar]

There just might be an update that you need

Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit, 2 Cards SLI NVidia GeForce GTS450, Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @2.67GHz, 6.0 GB Ram

I updated IE 9 and thought that was the issue. so I reverted back to IE8 and also updated the Unity player...but still I can get it to work? Every time I press play I get the white screen and asked to install Unity Player?

I have given up tonight .

[Avatar]

I can't even get into the home page. What a bunch of EA Sports Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online CRAPPPPPPPPPOLA!!!!!!!!!

If I can't get in to play a game before 1 am my time, my 30 day continuous play 100 points are gone.

Also the other crapola about EA said they credited me with 500 points which didn't show because of the double shot preview advertised Oct 26,2011 and I only got 100 previews was a rip off too.

Way too many problems EA has to mess up our games.

So I'll go play 8 ball pool at OMGPOP on Yahoo instead.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/25/2011 22:39:41

[WWW]

I have reverted back to IE8 and still can't start a game as I get to a screen asking me to install Unity Web Player? I have treid to do this multiple times and keep coming up with the screen on the Unity Web Player installation and it does not go any further? I installed Firefox and ran the game - no problems it works fine. Does anyone else have an issue with IE8 ? I have Win 7 64 bit and it worked well before I had recently updated to IE9 and stopped working - I have gone back to IE8 as mentioned but still no good. Any help would be appreciated.

You have to put IE9 in compatibily mode by clicking the compatibility view icon in the address bar. On my screen it's a square box with a jagged line through it.

Thnaks for the quick reply- Just did that and got a message that ea.com is now running in compatability mode. I then click "play" and I get the same unity web player install now page - I press that and get the same issue - nothing happens after that?

Forum Admin
[Avatar]

Hello,

For issues with Unity, you should first make sure that you meet all of the system requirements for the game. You can find the requirements here - http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4235

Next, you will want to uninstall Unity from your system and then re-download it.

Steps to remove Unity:

1. Press the Windows key + R
2. In the run box type Control panel
3. Click on Add or Remove program
4. Select Unity Web Player from the list
5. Click Remove
6. Navigate back to the game and re-download Unity

For those on a Mac you can follow this link for assistance - http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3626

-Gambit-

Visit us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/EA-Customer-Support/48228353146
Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/AskEASupport

Thanks for the reply. I did have the game working for the past 2 years it was only when my computer was updated to IE9 that it stopped working? I changed back to IE8 and it still does not work - jsut keeps asking for me to install Unity Web Player? I did delete it completely from my computer several times and reloaded it - however I still can get it to work. I downloaded firefox and started the game through that - no problems. So its has to do with IE8 / IE9 ?
any addtional advice would be greatley appreciated.

Got it all sorted out now - Here is the issue. I have Windows 7 64 bit OS. i updated to IE9 and the game wont run so I reverted back to IE8 however the only available backward step available was to have IE8 - 64bit. I have finally been able to get the 32 bit IE8 back working and now TWO works fine
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online  > Report a Game Bug
Go to: