[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Beating the backpeddling straight counterpuncher  XML
FIGHT NIGHT  > Fight Night Champion Hints and Tips

[Avatar]

Against the good ones. What can u do to win? I used to be able to take out their stamina (being cautious, making them wiff and countering to their stomach) but with the latest patch it´s not possible. They have the momentum goin backwards and sideways poppin power straights and straight counters (makin it hard to outland them with punches to the face) winnin on points or by flash ko or kd:s.

What can u do to counter this in an effective way? Do u have to win the first trades and then be the one backpeddling or is it a better/more fun way of beatin these kind of players?

Appreciate good advice from any of the top players. If your not a top player don´t bother responding (I can hold my own versus many).

"Never lie. Never quit. Never apologize"

[Avatar]

1) Always reset your block with the timing of their punches. Most runners will usually use Ali.

2) Try and corner them and work on their body.

3) Use your guard move in and out randomly without throwing punches, usually they will throw jabs and straights hoping to get lucky. More punches they waste easier you win the round and eventually they will tire be it round 5 or 10 they will get dropped.

4) Be wary of body punches as the runners will body straight from the distance.

5) Do not give them space whatsoever so they can backstep straight you or get lucky with a sidestep uppercut.

6) Try and outland on headshots when possible on all encounters, then when you are ahead on headshots in the round work the body.

7) Most importantly they are working on the prediction of your timing. So stay unpredictable with the combos and timing of your punches.

I don't know if you would class me as a 'top' player as I'm not top 100 due to other commitments, but I always beat the top players when I fight them. However you are welcome to check my record

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/02/2011 06:04:39

iTz R e E m Z z wrote:1) Always reset your block with the timing of their punches. Most runners will usually use Ali.

2) Try and corner them and work on their body.

3) Use your guard move in and out randomly without throwing punches, usually they will throw jabs and straights hoping to get lucky. More punches they waste easier you win the round and eventually they will tire be it round 5 or 10 they will get dropped.

4) Be wary of body punches as the runners will body straight from the distance.

5) Do not give them space whatsoever so they can backstep straight you or get lucky with a sidestep uppercut.

6) Try and outland on headshots when possible on all encounters, then when you are ahead on headshots in the round work the body.

7) Most importantly they are working on the prediction of your timing. So stay unpredictable with the combos and timing of your punches.

I don't know if you would class me as a 'top' player as I'm not top 100 due to other commitments, but I always beat the top players when I fight them. However you are welcome to check my record

nice tips.

VIKINGxPRESS wrote:Against the good ones. What can u do to win? I used to be able to take out their stamina (being cautious, making them wiff and countering to their stomach) but with the latest patch it´s not possible. They have the momentum goin backwards and sideways poppin power straights and straight counters (makin it hard to outland them with punches to the face) winnin on points or by flash ko or kd:s.

What can u do to counter this in an effective way? Do u have to win the first trades and then be the one backpeddling or is it a better/more fun way of beatin these kind of players?

Appreciate good advice from any of the top players. If your not a top player don´t bother responding (I can hold my own versus many).

LOL V i think U do more than hold your own vs BP CP !

Motivation,Dedication,Hard Work, Prize Fight Gym Stand up! Never selling out.

[Avatar]

Better and better I think lol.

"Never quit, never lie, never apologize"

AKA Evil_Wax: A member of KO KINGS and WOLFPACK.
FIGHT NIGHT  > Fight Night Champion Hints and Tips
Go to: