[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Can’t Connect To An EA Game Online? POSSIBLE Solution Here (version 2)  XML
Answers HQ - Questions & Comments  > EA Forums General Discussion

[Avatar]

EDIT: I placed an updated version of this post further down this thread. Look for the post entitled “Can’t Connect To An Origin / EA Game Online? POSSIBLE Solution Here (version 3)”. This updated post was made on Friday, March 2, 2012.

Can’t Connect To An EA Game Online? POSSIBLE Solution Here (version 2)

This is the second version of the information I’ve gathered on this matter.

I’ve had many problems with many EA games when it comes to connecting to them online. I have found SOME solutions that SOMETIMES work. I thought I’d pass along what I’ve learned to other players.

The Problem
You get an error message that you can’t connect to EA online. At first, you think it’s your internet connection. However, you can still connect using a different account on the same PS3. Or, you can connect to other EA games online. Or, you see your friends playing that same game online. Or, you can still connect online with non-EA games.

Well, it may not be your internet connection after all! I strongly suspect that there are problems with EA’s account system. Sometimes, this leads to an error message that you can’t connect online, even though your internet connection is just fine.

If you think this is the problem that you face, then read on. The solutions here are for handling this “connection” error, even though your internet connection is really fine.

I have experienced this problem when it only affected some of my EA games, yet other EA games worked just fine. I have seen posts from other players that describe this problem as happening to all of their EA games at the same time.

If you can connect to an EA game online, but then after that you lose your connection, then this information is NOT for you. You probably do have a true internet connection problem, and it MAY be related to your router’s settings. Going through all of the standard internet connection instructions that EA gives out may actually be of help.

Background
If you really want to read in detail about this problem, then you can read my account of dealing with it. I put this into a post entitled, “Can’t Connect To EA Online (version 2)” which is dated Monday, January 2, 2012. The location of this post is described below, and a link is also provided (you’ll have to scroll to my message once you go to the thread).

EA SPORTS > Madden NFL Series > Madden Tech Help & Feedback > Post here if something doesn’t seem to be working properly in Madden NFL 12
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/400/7495323.page

Again, I strongly suspect that this problem is related to EA’s account system. If you want to read about this account system and what leads to this problem, then you can go to the following thread. In particular, look for the “Overview Of The EA Account System” post on Monday, January 2, 2012. The location of this thread is below, as is a link to it.

EA Forums - Questions & Comments > EA Forums General Discussion > Suggestions For Improving The EA Account System
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7795415.page

Contact Information
To call EA, I recommend the following number. I’ve used this number myself, and have had good experiences with it. In case you didn’t know, EA and Origin are now the same company.

Origin phone support
(855) 674-4461
This is a number in the United States.
Their current hours are 7 AM to 9 PM Central Time. They do follow Daylight Savings Time in this locality.

If you want to read about other options for contacting EA, you may refer to the following thread. In particular, look at the post on December 23, 2011. The location of this thread is described below, and a link is given.

EA Forums - Questions & Comments > EA Forums General Discussion > Contacting EA: Suggestions For EA’s New Case System
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7792341.page

To call Sony (for the PlayStation Network), I recommend the following number.

Sony PlayStation
(800) 345-SONY
which is the same as
(800) 345-7669
Their current hours are 8 AM to 5 PM Pacific Time. They do follow Daylight Savings Time in this locality.

Inputting A Code Without Using the In-Game Menu
Part of the problem encountered here is that the EA game will not connect to the EA servers AT ALL. This means that you cannot access the in-game stores. You have no way of entering a new code from within the game itself.

To get around this, you may use the following instructions. These instructions are for the PlayStation Network (PSN). I don’t have an Xbox, but maybe someone who does will post equivalent instructions in this thread.

1) On the XrossMediaBar (XMB), go to the “PlayStation®Network” column.
2) Select “Account Management”. This option will only appear after you have signed into the PSN.
3) Select “Redeem Codes”.
4) Put in your code and follow the subsequent instructions.

Possible Solutions
The primary strategy, though not the only one, is to download an entirely new online pass with an entirely new code. I can’t take credit for this myself. A Game Advisor that I was talking to suggested it. We don’t know for sure why it works, only that it sometimes does.

I suspect that downloading this new online pass somehow “resets” or “realigns” your EA account, and thus fixes the problem that probably started when your persona was switched from one EA account to another EA account.

I have listed these possible solutions in what I think is the best order to try them. With that said, use your own discretion.

Also, I can’t guarantee that EA will provide new codes for new online passes. They did work with me, but obviously I can’t guarantee what they will do.

SOLUTION 1: RE-DOWNLOAD OLD ONLINE PASS
The first sensible thing to try is to re-download your existing online pass. Instructions for doing this on a PS3 are below. Perhaps someone with an Xbox could post the equivalent instructions for that console.
2) Select “Account Management”. This option will only appear after you have signed into the PSN.
3) Select “Transaction Management”.
4) Select “Download List”.
5) Select the online pass for the game in question, and press the “X” button on your controller. This will re-download the pass.

My son did have one online pass for Madden NFL 12 go bad and no longer work. After we re-downloaded the online pass, everything worked fine.

SOLUTION 2: ENTIRELY NEW ONLINE PASS (SAME ACCOUNT)
Call EA and ask for a new code for a new online pass for the game in question. Download it under the persona you are having problems with. See the instructions above, “Inputting A Code Without Using the In-Game Menu”, for more details on doing so.

I was having problems with two of my son’s personas. He couldn’t play Madden NFL 12 under them. After doing this for each account, the problem was fixed. When we did this, the download only fixed the problem for the account we did the download under.

Note that this probably won’t work if you have already downloaded an online pass under this account. This is currently a limitation of the PSN. In this case, I’d try anyway, but be ready to move onto the next solution.

SOLUTION 3: ENTIRELY NEW ONLINE PASS (DIFFERENT ACCOUNT)
Call EA and ask for a new code for a new online pass for the game in question. Download it under a DIFFERENT persona (on the same console) than the persona you are having problems with. If you can’t do so using the in-game menu, then see the instructions above, “Inputting A Code Without Using the In-Game Menu”, for more details on doing so. If needed, you can (at your discretion) create another account on your console for this.

My son was having problems with Madden NFL 11. I downloaded a new pass under one of his accounts. This fixed the problem for all three of my son’s accounts. I can’t explain the difference between Madden NFL 11 and Madden NFL 12. All I can do is report what really happened.

SOLUTION 4: ENTIRELY NEW ONLINE PASS (PRE-EXISTING PASS PRESENT)
This option is for an account that already has an online pass downloaded for it (but it doesn’t work). Call EA and ask for a new code for a new online pass for the game in question. Try to put the code in. See the instructions above, “Inputting A Code Without Using the In-Game Menu”, for more details on doing so. If the PSN won’t let you put in the code, then call Sony. Tell Sony that you have a valid code for a valid pass, but that the PSN won’t let you use it.

This happened to me. Unfortunately, I can’t report a happy ending here. Sony told me they couldn’t (currently) do anything more for me. However, the last Sony person I talked to said she would present this matter to the leadership team. It is my hope that Sony will revise the PSN so that it has the flexibility to properly address this matter. Hopefully, by the time you call them, they will have already done this. If not, then hopefully hearing from another player will encourage them to do so.

SOLUTION 5: NEW PERSONA
The first four solutions all involve fixing an existing persona. For many gamers, this is important (I’m one of them). However, for some gamers, they really couldn’t care less. So, if you are willing to abandon your persona, then you can simply create a new one.

I’d still call EA and ask for a new code for a new online pass for the game in question. I’d explain to them that you are setting up a new persona since EA can’t get the online pass for the old persona to work. If you can’t input the code using the in-game menu, then see the instructions above, “Inputting A Code Without Using the In-Game Menu”, for more details on doing so. You may have to also get new codes for downloadable content (DLC) and other game features that you purchased.

When you play online for the first time, the game will probably prompt you for your EA account information. For Heaven’s Sake (!), make sure you put the right information in. If you haven’t already, you may want to read the thread mentioned above on the EA account system.

After this, you should be able to play your EA game using your new persona.

SOLUTION 6: LAST RESORT
A last resort is to simply wait. Yes, that is right, I wrote “to simply wait”.

Awhile ago, nearly all of my EA games stopped connecting online. The only one that worked was Battlefield: Bad Company. I couldn’t play Battlefield 1943 and I couldn’t play Battlefield: Bad Company 2 when it came out.

At the time, I didn’t care much. I was really into playing MAG. And, my son could play all of these games from his accounts. This was on the same PS3 with the same internet connection! Since I didn’t care, and everything was working for my son, I didn’t pursue this matter much.

Then, after about a year, the games suddenly started to work for me. This was shortly after I received an email from EA saying that my new master account was ready. I’m thinking that when EA re-did all of their accounts, it somehow fixed the problem I was having. If that is truly the case, then waiting won’t really help.

It is also possible that routine maintenance that EA does behind the scenes could have fixed this. A Game Advisor once told me that EA does a lot of server maintenance at the beginning of the year. If something like this fixed my problem, then waiting may eventually solve your problem too.

Obviously, waiting is a last resort.

Last Words
Those are the six solutions that I can come up with. I’ve used all but solution 5 myself. I have no interest in creating another persona, though I’ve seen other players report success with that approach.

I’ve had a great deal of trouble dealing with this problem (as I’m sure you can tell!). I’ve been working on this problem for close to three months now. Neither Sony nor EA can explain it, and neither of them has been able to fix it entirely. I hope that this information helps other players avoid the hassle that I’ve been through.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 03/02/2012 16:00:09

This message posted by meticulousdragon. Image below from the http://bf3stats.com/ website.

[Avatar]

Views as of Saturday, January 14, 2012: 229

I just wanted to update this post some.

First, I updated the thread on contacting EA. So, if you need information on contacting EA, then look for the “How To Contact EA (version 2)” post on Saturday, January 14, 2012. A link to this thread is below. This is actually the same thread mentioned above. I just added that new post to this pre-existing thread.

Also, I am happy to report that EA is working very closely with me on this matter. Again, only solution 5 isn't fully worked out. And, if EA solves this problem outright, we may not need any of these solutions! I am hopeful that EA will find a solution that takes care of this problem once and for all.

I would like to give a big thank you to EA_Anvil. EA_Anvil has been instrumental in moving this matter forward.

If you are having this same problem now, make a post here. I think it would be beneficial to start to document how many people are affected by this.

If you've ever had this problem, make a post here. This would also be good to document.

If these suggestions helped you to solve your problem, I'd request that you post back here and say so. It would be good to hear from people whom this helped.

Lastly, if you've found any other solutions that have worked for you, add them to this thread! I think players would be most appreciative.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/14/2012 03:27:29

This message posted by meticulousdragon. Image below from the http://bf3stats.com/ website.

I'm sooo glad I found your post. My son is having the exact same problem with Madden 12. He's never been able to logon to EA server and has enlisted me (his mom) to help resolve it.

I made a typo in creating his EA ID and he thinks that might be the problem. Does the EA ID & Xbox live Gamertag/profile name have to match?? If not, then I'm in the clear. If it does how do I correct the persona name? I haven't been able to find an answer to that question, anywhere.

thanks for your time and any help you can provide.

[Avatar]

mrbcbk420,

Your son must be at least 13 years old to play any EA game online. The system that EA has setup will check the birth date on your son's Xbox account. If he isn't at least 13 years old, then it won't let him play online. Hopefully, that is not what is going on here (I can't solve that one).

Your son's EA ID and your son's Xbox gamertag do NOT have to match. This is because the EA ID is part of your son's EA account which is totally separate from your son's Xbox account (the Xbox account includes the Xbox gamertag).

Regardless, if you want, you can still change your son's EA ID. Below is a link to an article on this.

https://help.ea.com/article/change-your-origin-id

If you want to skip the article, you can follow the link below to go to the website where you can change your son's EA ID. Note that the link below is for residents of the United States. If you live elsewhere, go to the article above which lists links for all over the world. Also, please know that your son's EA ID and your son's Origin ID are exactly the same thing. Origin and EA are the same company now. So your EA account and your Origin account are the same thing.

http://www.origin.com/us/change-id

SPECIAL NOTE:
If your son has ever played an EA game online, then he already has an EA account. In all likelihood, an EA account was created for him using the email address that he uses for his Xbox account. I would look up the email address he uses for his Xbox account. Then, I would put that email address into the https://www.ea.com/profile/ website. You should see your son's EA/Origin account and (hopefully) see your son's Xbox account listed as being linked to it. I would start with this.

If you want to know more information on the EA account system before deciding what to do, then look at the following thread. In particular, look for the “Overview of the EA Account System” post on Monday, January 2, 2011.

After making sure your son's EA/Origin account is setup correctly, then I would start to go through the solutions mentioned in my beginning post of this thread.

I hope this helps!

[Avatar]

Views as of Friday, January 20, 2012: 657

Just a real quick update.

I have sent a formal letter to Sony asking for their help with solution 4. Hopefully they will provide a solution. If they do, then that would mean there is solution for every case of this particular problem.

[Avatar]

Can’t Connect To An Origin / EA Game Online? POSSIBLE Solution Here (version 3)

This is the third version of this information that I have put together. This will probably be (and hopefully be) the last version. All of my connection problems have been fixed, and will hopefully stay that way.

I’ve had many problems with many Origin / Electronic Arts (EA) games when it comes to connecting to them online. I have found SOME solutions that SOMETIMES work. I thought I’d pass along what I’ve learned to other players. Hopefully this will help other players solve these kinds of problems in less time than it took me.

The Problem
You get an error message that you can’t connect to Origin/EA online. At first, you think it’s your internet connection. However, you can still connect using a different account on the same console. Or, you can connect to other Origin/EA games online. Or, you can still connect online with games from companies other than Origin/EA.

Well, it may not be your internet connection after all! It could be a problem with the Origin/EA account system. Sometimes, this leads to an error message that you can’t connect online, even though your internet connection is just fine.

If you think this is the problem that you face, then read on. The solutions here are for handling this “connection” error, even though your internet connection is really fine.

I have experienced this problem when it only affected some of my Origin/EA games, yet other Origin/EA games worked just fine. I have seen posts from other players that describe this problem as happening to all of their Origin/EA games at the same time.

If you can connect to an Origin/EA game online, but then after that you lose your connection, then this information is NOT for you. You probably do have a true internet connection problem, and it MAY be related to your router’s settings. Going through all of the standard internet connection instructions that Origin/EA gives out may actually be of help.

Background
If you really want to read in detail about this problem, then you can read my account of dealing with it. Look for the post entitled “Can’t Connect To EA Online (version 2)”. This post has a date stamp of Monday, January 2, 2012, in the following thread (you’ll have to scroll to my post once you go to the thread).
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/400/7495323.page

Again, it is possible that your connection problem is related to the Origin/EA account system. If you want to know more information on the Origin/EA account system and what can lead to these kinds of problems, then look for the post entitled “Overview Of The Origin / EA Account System (version 2)”. This post was made on Friday, February 17, 2012, in the following thread.

Also, this post assumes you are familiar with the terminology explained in the post entitled “Overview Of The Origin / EA Account System (version 2)”. If you are uncertain about the terms “console”, “persona”, and the like, then you should probably read that post for the helpful background information that it provides.

Contact Information
To call Origin/EA, you may use the following phone number.

Origin phone support
(855) 674-4461
This is a phone number in the United States.
Typical hours are 8 AM to 11 PM Eastern Time, seven days a week. In all likelihood, this number follows Daylight Savings Time.

Sometimes figuring out how to contact Origin/EA can be a task in itself. If you need information on contacting Origin/EA, then look for the post entitled “How To Contact Origin / EA (version 3)”. This post was made on Friday, February 17, 2012, in the following thread. This post also includes information on how to submit a formal case to Origin/EA.

To call Sony, for the PlayStation Network (PSN), I recommend the following number.

Sony PlayStation
(800) 345-SONY
which is the same as
(800) 345-7669
Their current hours are 8 AM to 5 PM Pacific Time. They do follow Daylight Savings Time in this locality.

Inputting A Code Without Using the In-Game Menu
Part of the problem encountered here is that the Origin/EA game will not connect to the Origin/EA servers AT ALL. This means that you cannot access the in-game stores. You have no way of entering a new code from within the game itself.

To get around this, you may use the following instructions. These instructions are for the PSN. Since I have a PlayStation 3 (PS3) console, these are the instructions I can give.

3) Select “Redeem Codes”.
4) Put in your code and follow the subsequent instructions.

Possible Solutions
The primary strategy, though not the only one, is to download an entirely new online pass with an entirely new code. I can’t take credit for this myself. An Origin/EA Game Advisor that I was talking to suggested it. We don’t know for sure why it works, only that it sometimes does.

I suspect that downloading this new online pass somehow “resets” or “realigns” your Origin/EA account, and thus fixes the problem that probably started when your persona was switched from one Origin/EA account to another Origin/EA account.

I have listed these possible solutions in what I think is the best order to try them. With that said, use your own discretion.

Also, I can’t guarantee that Origin/EA will provide new codes for new online passes. They did work with me, but obviously I can’t guarantee what they will do. Unfortunately, Origin/EA does have to deal with unscrupulous players who try to get online passes for free. That makes its harder on us honest players who are just trying to get things fixed.

Solution 1: Re-Download Old Online Pass
The first sensible thing to try is to re-download your existing online pass. Instructions for doing this on a PS3 are below.
3) Select “Transaction Management”.
4) Select “Download List”.
5) Select the online pass for the game in question, and press the “X” button on your controller. This will re-download the pass.

My son did have one online pass for Madden NFL 12 go bad and no longer work. After we re-downloaded the online pass, everything worked fine.

Solution 2: Entirely New Online Pass (Same Account)
Call Origin/EA and ask for a new code for a new online pass for the game in question. Download it under the persona you are having problems with. See the instructions above, “Inputting A Code Without Using the In-Game Menu”, for more details on doing so.

I was having problems with two of my son’s personas. He couldn’t play Madden NFL 12 under them. After doing this for each account, the problem was fixed. When we did this, the download only fixed the problem for the account we did the download under.

Note that this probably won’t work if you have already downloaded an online pass under this account. This is currently a limitation of the PSN. In this case, I’d try anyway, but be ready to move onto the next solution.

Solution 3: Entirely New Online Pass (Different Account)
Call Origin/EA and ask for a new code for a new online pass for the game in question. Download it under a DIFFERENT persona (on the same console) than the persona you are having problems with. If you can’t do so using the in-game menu, then see the instructions above, “Inputting A Code Without Using the In-Game Menu”, for more details on doing so. If needed, you can (at your discretion) create another account on your console for this purpose.

My son was having problems with Madden NFL 11. I downloaded a new pass under one of his accounts. This fixed the problem for all three of my son’s accounts. I can’t explain the difference between Madden NFL 11 and Madden NFL 12. All I can do is report what really happened.

Solution 4: Entirely New Online Pass (Pre-Existing Pass Present)
This option is for an account that already has an online pass downloaded for it (but it doesn’t work). Call Origin/EA and ask for a new code for a new online pass for the game in question. Try to put the code in. See the instructions above, “Inputting A Code Without Using the In-Game Menu”, for more details on doing so. If the PSN won’t let you put in the code, then call Sony. Tell Sony that you have a valid code for a valid pass, but that the PSN won’t let you use it.

This happened to me. Unfortunately, I can’t report a happy ending here. Sony told me they couldn’t (currently) do anything more for me. However, the last Sony person I talked to said she would present this matter to her leadership team. It is my hope that Sony will revise the PSN so that it has the flexibility to properly address this matter. Hopefully, by the time you call them, they will have already done this. If not, then hopefully hearing from another player will encourage them to do so.

Solution 5: Submit A Formal Case To Origin/EA
Submit a formal case to Origin/EA. If you don’t already know how to do this, then look at the “Contact Information” section above.

This can be an arduous route to take. Most likely, Origin/EA will put you through a series of connection troubleshooting guides. Each guide can take many hours to complete. If your problem is truly related to the Origin/EA account system, none of these guides will help.

If you can connect online to the same Origin/EA game using a different persona, then keep harping on this. In fact, you may want to create a different persona on your console just to test and prove this. Keep harping on the fact that this means your internet connection must be fine.

Hopefully, your case will be escalated up to someone who can truly fix the problem.

For one of my son’s personas, this was the only way I could get things fixed. Going back and forth with Origin/EA involved hours of troubleshooting and many lengthy replies. It took about four months.

Solution 6: New Persona
The first five solutions all involve fixing an existing persona. For many gamers, this is important (I’m one of them). However, for some gamers, they really couldn’t care less. So, if you are willing to abandon your persona, then you can simply create a new one.

I’d still call Origin/EA and ask for a new code for a new online pass for the game in question. I’d explain to them that you are setting up a new persona since Origin/EA can’t get the online pass for the old persona to work. If you can’t input the code using the in-game menu, then see the instructions above, “Inputting A Code Without Using the In-Game Menu”, for more details on doing so. You may have to also get new codes for downloadable content (DLC) and other game features that you purchased.

When you play online for the first time, the game will probably prompt you for your Origin/EA account information. For Heaven’s Sake (!), make sure you put the right information in. If you haven’t already, you may want to read the post entitled “Overview Of The Origin / EA Account System (version 2)” that was previously mentioned.

After this, you should be able to play your Origin/EA game using your new persona.

This is the only option that I have NOT personally used. Creating a new persona simply does not interest me. With that said, I have seen posts from other players who reported that this worked for them.

Solution 7: Last Resort
A last resort is to simply wait. Yes, that is right, I wrote “to simply wait”.

Awhile ago, nearly all of my Origin/EA games stopped connecting online. The only one that worked was Battlefield: Bad Company. I couldn’t play Battlefield 1943 and I couldn’t play Battlefield: Bad Company 2 when it came out.

At the time, I didn’t care much. I was really into playing MAG. And, my son could play all of these games from his accounts. This was on the same PS3 with the same internet connection! Since I didn’t care, and everything was working for my son, I didn’t pursue this matter much.

Then, after about two years, the games suddenly started to work for me. This was shortly after I received an email from Origin/EA saying that my new master account was ready. I’m thinking that when Origin/EA re-did all of their accounts, it somehow fixed the problem I was having. If that is truly the case, then waiting won’t really help.

It is also possible that the routine maintenance that Origin/EA does behind the scenes could have fixed this. A Game Advisor once told me that Origin/EA does a lot of server maintenance at the beginning of the year. If something like this fixed my problem, then waiting may eventually solve your problem too.

Obviously, waiting is a last resort.

Last Words
Those are the seven solutions that I can come up with. I’ve used all but solution 6 myself. I have no interest in creating another persona, though I’ve seen other players report success with that approach.

I’ve had a great deal of trouble dealing with this problem (as I’m sure you can tell!). Before getting everything fixed, I worked on this problem for about four months. I did so with both Sony and Origin/EA. I hope that this information helps other players avoid the hassle that I’ve been through, and solve their connection problems more quickly.

EA.043A.doc

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 03/02/2012 17:00:38

[Avatar]

I just updated this thread with significantly revised information. Also wanted to document the following.
Views as of Friday, March 2, 2012: 1512

I am unable to connect to EA in Battlefield 3. When I start the game I can see my friends who are playing BF3 online and I can also see my Battlelog unlocks, but if I try to open Multiplayer or join a friend's game I get the "cannot connect to EA" error message.

It worked last night, and I noticed it stop working immediately after I got off Battlelog. On Battlelog I joined a platoon, gave a hooah!, added a friend, added an avatar, changed my time setting to my correct time, changed my soldier image and clan tag, and looked at my upcoming unlocks.

Right after I did this I was unable to connect.

Please help me!

[Avatar]

aSILENTfire wrote:I am unable to connect to EA in Battlefield 3. When I start the game I can see my friends who are playing BF3 online and I can also see my Battlelog unlocks, but if I try to open Multiplayer or join a friend's game I get the "cannot connect to EA" error message.

It worked last night, and I noticed it stop working immediately after I got off Battlelog. On Battlelog I joined a platoon, gave a hooah!, added a friend, added an avatar, changed my time setting to my correct time, changed my soldier image and clan tag, and looked at my upcoming unlocks.

Right after I did this I was unable to connect.

Please help me!

If you can no longer connect at all, then you might try some of the solutions I posted above. Refer to the post entitled “Can’t Connect To An Origin / EA Game Online? POSSIBLE Solution Here (version 3)”. This post was made on Friday, March 2, 2012.

If you can connect sometimes, then your problem is NOT the same as the problems I encountered. That may be good since some of the problems I encountered were very difficult to fix.

If you haven't already, logout of Battlelog and close your web browser. Make sure you have quit the Battlefield 3 game and shut down the device (console or computer) that you use to play it. Then re-start your device and the Battlefield 3 game. I'm thinking that editing your settings on Battlelog *may* have caused some one-time glitch. Restarting everything *may* take care of that.

If that doesn't work, then I would contact Origin/EA. If you need information on contacting Origin/EA, then look for the post entitled “How To Contact Origin / EA (version 3)”. This post was made on Friday, February 17, 2012, in the following thread.

If you are able to access Battlelog, you can also click on the "FEEDBACK&SUPPORT" link that you will find on the left hand side of the screen. That gives some options for contacting Origin/EA.

Good luck!

Answers HQ - Questions & Comments  > EA Forums General Discussion
Go to: