[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Bought Blitz 20-03 instead  XML
NFL Blitz  > NFL Blitz Off Topic

After reading the reviews and watching some videos, I was disappointed in the way the NFL has forced EA to neuter this game. No late hits and toned down hard hits have really taken it's toll on this latest iteration of Blitz.

I actually found a used copy of Blitz 20-03 that is backwards compatible on the 360 and am loving it. Besides, it was only $1.00. If EA can ever convince the NFL to go back to the old formula, I'll pick it up. Until then, I'll go old school.

So no late hits was the entire reason for not getting the new blitz? Forget online play and the gauntlet, but the part where you attacked a player in between plays was the thing that you wanted the most? lmao I laugh more every time I see that

DaddyW729 wrote: Maybe what may help you with your need for a perfect roster is to play as a hot dog. Then you'll remember that you're playing NFL Blitz, not Madden.

I feel you Silent... I still play it and love it, but people don't understand thats what made the original "different".

MuNkiDoPe wrote:I feel you Silent... I still play it and love it, but people don't understand thats what made the original "different".

Late hits are all that made blitz different? I guess you don't remember "Mutant League Football"

DaddyW729 wrote: Maybe what may help you with your need for a perfect roster is to play as a hot dog. Then you'll remember that you're playing NFL Blitz, not Madden.

[Avatar]

While I enjoyed whichever Blitz it was I had on N64, this Blitz is a great game in its own right. Mutant League Football, now there was an excellent "fantasy" football title. Mutant League Hockey too. Those games should be in line for a combo pack DL or something, because they rock.

MuNkiDoPe wrote:I feel you Silent... I still play it and love it, but people don't understand thats what made the original "different".
No, that is NOT what made the original "different"...being a fast-paced NBA Jam version of the NFL is what made it different...and understand that late hits got old, quick

Late hits were like in the old ps1 games with long load times, they would have mini-games for you to play while you waited. They were fun, but not the reason you bought the game.

Late hits is honestly not the game breaker here. Why not play both? I play NFL Blitz 2012 by myself, but i still enjoy the N64 version a few times a month with some buddies of mine.

Like NFL Blitz? Check out the unofficial NFL Blitz Fan Site http://www.nflblitzfans.com

That game is WAY TO EASY!

I bought 20-03 a couple years ago. I played a season a couple months back with the Seahawks (an average team) and went 14-2 on hard! I lost in week one only because I was trying to get the hang of the game after not playing for awhile. Only a few games after that were even close. I think I lost the last game because I was kinda experimenting and lost at the end on purpose. I would consider myself an average player and still dominated.

The game was way to easy in my opinion. Also a thing that ruined it for me was in the playoffs there were no logos on the filed like in Blitz and Blitz 2000. Not to mention it was all screwed up. I was the one seed but played in Chicago in the NFC Champ game??? ( I think they won 12 games in the season) Then the Superbowl... It was my home field. No Superbowl logo on the field or anything... The older Blitz games had them from wildcard weekend to the Superbowl.

I was looking for a cheat code to maybe make the game harder but nope. Have fun with 20-03. The only thing it has over the new game is season and playoff mode.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/18/2012 16:06:12

[Avatar]

why?
NFL Blitz  > NFL Blitz Off Topic
Go to: