[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Crysis can't connect to server  XML
Crysis  > Crysis Tech Help

I purchased Crysis a few years ago but never finished it. I want to play it now so I installed Origin and installed Crysis through it.

Now when I launch Crysis and it asks for my login, which I enter, but it always tells me "Could not connect to the server, please try again in a few minutes".

I have found no way to get it working. I want to play my damn game EA!

i have exactly the same problem,tried reinstalling it and installing origin at the same drive as the game but still doesnt work.

Same problem here!

Guys, I found an the answer to my problem, with a lot of help from Tyler from EA.

For me the problem is that I set Origin's game installation directory (Origin Games) to be on an external disk.

So all I did was go to Origin's settings and change the installation directory for games back to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\, then run the game and login, and then you can switch back the directory to wherever you had it.

Let me know if this works for you.

Same problem for me, Origin responded back about connectivity problems, turn off firewall ect. Not the problem, I feel like i'm stuck.

Guess I can buy the game AGAIN

This time using STEAM, I have like a bazillion games on steam and never had this sort of problem on any of them!

I get this message when I try to run Crysis

"Could not connect to the server, please try again in a few minutes."

Origin tech support has been running me around in circles last several weeks, try this, try that, etc.

I'm very busy with kids, etc, so I haven't been able to spend more than a few hours to debug.

I have turned off firewall, uninstalled Crysis and reinstalled from the servers, I ran the program uotrace.exe that Origin told me to run. They said I was losing too many packets with my internet connection, sounds like BS to me. I just downloaded the game over 3 Gbytes in a half hour, its not as if my internet connection is wimpy or something, I have a 20 Mbits/sec account, yet they asked me to send my tracerouts to my internet provider to show them I have connection problems. Unbelievable!

I bought the game like 4 years ago as a digital download at EA, but haven't played it in a while (guessing over a year) Tried to play again recently and all of this crap. Every time I talk to Origin they tell me something different, always some other guy giving me advice, no sense of continuity regarding solving the problem, each time new person offering different advice! UGH!

Here's the various tech support agents I've exchanged messages with and how many message I have had with each of them! Its now been 3 weeks since I have initiated contact! I don't really want to play the game that much, its more the principle of the thing that has gotten under my skin!

Aniweshx4

Arun J x 2

Raj x 2

Ganesh x1

Anil x1

Kapilx3

Kapil just informed me that my ticket has been escelated to higher level of support, but that team is very busy, so they should be getting back to me in about one to two weeks!!

[quote=skumancer]Guys, I found an the answer to my problem, with a lot of help from Tyler from EA.

For me the problem is that I set Origin's game installation directory (Origin Games) to be on an external disk.

So all I did was go to Origin's settings and change the installation directory for games back to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\, then run the game and login, and then you can switch back the directory to wherever you had it.

Let me know if this works for you.[/quote]

this worked. FINALLY!!! Origins tech team are a bunch of * morons. This is an insanely simple solution, thank you sooooooo much!!!

2 skumancer
Thank you a lot, but then i've got another problem.
I was told that game should be started from (attention) EA download manager! Could you belive? I bought game in origin and it asks me to launch it from ea download manager.
Result: i'm unable even lauch game.

Anyway, who faced this problem? How it could be solve?
Crysis  > Crysis Tech Help
Go to: