[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Roster and Ratings Discussion : Tampa Bay Bucs  XML
Madden NFL Series  > Madden NFL Roster and Ratings Discussion

Team Captain
[Avatar]

I'm very happy with both picks so far. Curious to see if we target a TE. Everything else should be defense.

[Avatar]

we may need to look at RTs too... I believe True can be a stud but I have a feeling TB will ship him out if he doesn't step up.

"We can clap at this amateur pace If that's what's crackin Or we can play this on All Madden" -Jay-Z (People Talkin)

wow, in theory we should have 3 very good rted players coming our way with high potential.

Barron ran high 4.4s low 4.5s and was at 100% so he sould have good spped. You know hit hit power is going to be over 90 for sure and his coverage should be decent being he can run with TEs all day. Add in hes a solid tackler, should be a Madden stud.

Same goes for Martin. Hes a Ray Rice, MJD type back who can do it all and will be a great 1-2 punch with Blount. Solid back all the way around, so he shouldnt be deficient in any rating. His fumble rating should be high being he rarely ever coughed up the ball.

David is a beast and is going to be an awesome Will. Speed and power, the ability to cover, sure tackler, jjust an all around backer and I cant believe he slid to 58 because hes a little small.

The rest of the draft should provide some good depth as Goode is a solid tackler and physical. Same goes for Tandy. Schiano is definately looking for physical players and sound tacklers as every pick is exactly that. Martin runs all sorts of people over despite his small frame.

Smith may be the first Buc to get 95+speed as he ran a 4.33 40 and is football fast. Doubt hell have too many other functional ratings, but there were a few analysts high on his potential. He has some return skills, so we might get to put that speed to use.\

Even their last pick Dunsmore might be worth using. Hes a solid blocker and has pretty good hands. Might be a good receiving FB depending on his speed. His 40 was pretty good for a TE(4.6 40).

All in all, stellar draft. Seem to be getting good reviews from all of the "experts" so hopefully Dony doesnt find a way to completely botch it.

Only real holes will be RT, ROLB, and theres talent at S to fill the FS role. Barber has even worked out there a little this offseason. I think the Bucs are expecting Talib to get off and given the reports it seems likely.

CB is a little weak, but Wright is an ok #2 and a good nickel(his game is similar to Barbers). It should be enough to compete in Madden. By the way, I have little hope for Biggers. He can run with anyone, but cant locate the ball for crap. Add in hes a weak tackler, I think hes going back to dime or may not be around at all in Schianos defense.

Hopefully EA has done their homework and added a bunch of zone blitzes to the platy book as well. I also hope play action is fine tuned as well so we can actually rake advantage of what the Buca are going to trying to be able to do. Pound it and play action deep. Should be a nasty offense and a respectable defense given this years additions.

heres hoping anyways.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/30/2012 05:14:52

Team Captain
[Avatar]

Who the heck is Wilson? Do you mean David?

[Avatar]

how come I didnt heard any real Knock to any of our picks. maybe Keith Tandy or Doug Martin not having top speed was the only con but aside from that it seems to be all good choices. I wonder what that last round TE gonna do. Drake Dunsmore TE 6'2" 241 Northwestern

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/30/2012 11:34:33

"We can clap at this amateur pace If that's what's crackin Or we can play this on All Madden" -Jay-Z (People Talkin)

[Avatar]

I don't know if these are confirmed

[Avatar]

Tampa2003 wrote:I don't know if these are confirmed

Here is the official explanation for these cards

On the first night of the NFL Draft a large number of rookies were dropped into Madden NFL 12 which provided insight into what their ratings will be for Madden NFL 13. They are featured in Ultimate Team mode and any rookies that are obtained will later carry over to start with in Madden 13. Since then additional players have been added.

And here's the link

http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/04/30/more-2012-nfl-rookie-ratings-in-madden

I think Barrons speed should be 87-88 and Martins should be 88. Kind of nit picking, but those arent all that bad.

I think RGIIIs are ridiculous already. His ratings make him better than Luck and 90% of the league.

Tandy has gotten great reviews at the minicamps. Might be a steal.

[Avatar]

Way off topic because i haven't read a single thing before this...

I've come across some prediction's for the final 2012 standing's, including playoff's & not one has you guy's making the Playoff's. I for one am pretty high on the Buc's. Not only do i see them making the Playoff's, i see them winning the division. Sure Bower's just went down, but Michael Bennett has made more noise than he has the past 2 season's. The injury to Bower's might very well turn the light all the way on for Bennett who i think will lead the team in sack's anyway's. Sorry didn't mean to vent on Bum Daquan Bower's he is irrelevant to my post.
I have you guy's making the Playoff's and the division in my Prediction post in the forum. I have you guy's winning at home in round 1 , but falling short in round two. The downfall to the season will be attributed to QB play. That being said , it look's like the Buc's are serious about turning thing's around. They brought in 2 stud's (Barron,Nick's) who will both be voted to one of the All Pro Team's next season. I think Barron's presence will bring instant success to the defense, and same goes for the run game on the offense with Nick's. Doug Martin will be handed the rein's and supplant Blount as even being a Buccaneer by 2013's Super Bowl. I believe if Drew Bree's walk's from N.O next season , that you guy's will give him what ever he want's to come to T.B and vie for a SUper Bowl the next few season's after.

I am 100% UnBiased.... Don't confuse it with not knowing anything. It's all speculation until it's written in the book's anyway.

[Avatar]

I can't front, I'm kinda geeked about our offensive line, I can watch the Carl Nicks top 100 NFL player 2012 clip over and over, he is straight leveling cats
http://www.nfl.com/top100/2012?module=HP11_content_stream#video=09000d5d828f9a81

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/12/2012 08:05:21

MitcH--duz--This wrote:Way off topic because i haven't read a single thing before this...

I've come across some prediction's for the final 2012 standing's, including playoff's & not one has you guy's making the Playoff's. I for one am pretty high on the Buc's. Not only do i see them making the Playoff's, i see them winning the division. Sure Bower's just went down, but Michael Bennett has made more noise than he has the past 2 season's. The injury to Bower's might very well turn the light all the way on for Bennett who i think will lead the team in sack's anyway's. Sorry didn't mean to vent on Bum Daquan Bower's he is irrelevant to my post.
I have you guy's making the Playoff's and the division in my Prediction post in the forum. I have you guy's winning at home in round 1 , but falling short in round two. The downfall to the season will be attributed to QB play. That being said , it look's like the Buc's are serious about turning thing's around. They brought in 2 stud's (Barron,Nick's) who will both be voted to one of the All Pro Team's next season. I think Barron's presence will bring instant success to the defense, and same goes for the run game on the offense with Nick's. Doug Martin will be handed the rein's and supplant Blount as even being a Buccaneer by 2013's Super Bowl. I believe if Drew Bree's walk's from N.O next season , that you guy's will give him what ever he want's to come to T.B and vie for a SUper Bowl the next few season's after.

lol, I wish I could say the same to you about the Redskins, but I think Snyder and his $$$ are detrimental to the Skins. Brees will never be a Buc by the way and Clayborn will lead the Bucs in sacks. He blows Bennett out of the water. They also brought in more than 2 studs. last I checked, Vincent Jackson was pretty beastly as well.

IMO, David and Barron are going to be very good. The Bucs just need McCoy to stay healthy and their D will be fine. Add in a year of experience for Foster and they should be good to go.

Im still not sure how the leading rookie tackler is rated so low. He didnt have a great year, but for a rookie it was darn good and just behind Von Miller and Aldon Smith in therms of overall production. Add in he made all the calls without an offseason due to the lockout, I think him and David are going to be solid for quite awhile.

The offense is a monster on paper. You cant double someone without leaving a good player 1 on 1. Jackson, Williams, Winslow, Benn, etc. should all benefit from the extra attention the run game gets with Blount and not Martin as well in the backfield. With VJ drawing doubles, its going to open up a bunch of stuff for everyone else.

Team Captain
[Avatar]

Winslow is out, Dallas Clarke is in. Interesting move.

[Avatar]

CaptRCG2 wrote:Winslow is out, Dallas Clarke is in. Interesting move.
and we'll probably bring in some talent from trading Kellen.

Team Captain
[Avatar]

Tampa2003 wrote:
CaptRCG2 wrote:Winslow is out, Dallas Clarke is in. Interesting move.
and we'll probably bring in some talent from trading Kellen.

During the draft I had thought the TE out of Clemson would be on the radar, but he went to Indy along with Fleener.

[Avatar]

Dallas Clark signs 1yr deal was at OTA's monday and Kellen Winslow Jr. has been shipped off to Seattle for a conditional 2013 pick

https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/204784422610939904

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/204783511088013312

Madden NFL Series  > Madden NFL Roster and Ratings Discussion
Go to: